**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Timeouts in BGs should give ZERO points for remaining health

AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
That should fix, at least, the "pause" trick
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
    And I say that because I don't think that pausing the game is cheating, but it is truly annoying to realize that you lost a match because other people didn't risk losing more health than you

Idk its a tough problem to solve cus if I die in my fight and get my defender down to 25% go and my opponent lives and gets their opponent to 30% hp do I really deserve to win the round?

Ok... I can see your point... than they could take away points of the remaining health based on the time of your fight... if you only played 20 sec... you lose a % based on the 100 that the game was paused

If you can't score more than 15k points in bgs you got a problem

Have you played the Glad circuit this week??
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Yeah, just use DOT champs or ability accuracy modification champs. Human torch, crossbones, galan, AA, tigra, QS, etc.
    I can list off a bunch more champs if you'd like
    Crossbones is useless.
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    Who tf would say xbones is useless. People who haven't played GC this week think you can't win matches without specials and it shows
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    ege999men said:

Who tf would say xbones is useless. People who haven't played GC this week think you can't win matches without specials and it shows

Xbones is useless this week…

Yeah, just use DOT champs or ability accuracy modification champs. Human torch, crossbones, galan, AA, tigra, QS, etc.
    Bro did you say Galan?
  • ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 207 ★★★

Ok so I get NF down to his LMD he regens back to 100. I get him BACK down to 1% health just as the timer ticks down to zero.
    I am still above 20% health myself. You died but got my defender to 15% health in 60 seconds. According to you since I went to 0:00 I should lose?
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    Instead introduce pause duration. You pause the game your scores goes less
  • L

Ok so I get NF down to his LMD he regens back to 100. I get him BACK down to 1% health just as the timer ticks down to zero.
    I am still above 20% health myself. You died but got my defender to 15% health in 60 seconds. According to you since I went to 0:00 I should lose?
    No because they are talking about timing out via pause button
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    Why it doesn't cut HP in half, like literally every other mode with a timer, makes no sense to me.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★

Tell me you haven't played week 4 w/o saying you haven't played week 4.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

Crossbones is useless.
    This hurts a little :'(

No galan could work. Harvest then sp2 for 9 incinerates. It does actually deal a decent chunk to those defenders and somehow I knew you all would come at me for having a reasonable argument.

Say, does the harvest deal a nice burst of damage?
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 755 ★★★
    pauses are sometimes necessary. I can't tell you how many times my cat just jumped on me, and I needed a few seconds to reset.

That said, the pause trick isn't great for the integrity of the mode / there should be something like a 10 second countdown / reconnect to the game / limit of 1-2 pauses.

that said... its a "feature" of the game mode, and until something changes... its something I expect my opponent and therefore myself to take advantage of / is fair game.

Also... until the scoring doesn't make pausing a strategy, I would rather make the strategy better for both players.
    Bringing back the "quit button" in the fight... at least until this is resolved. Player A pauses... and I don't feel bad that they have to wait it out... but their opponent also now has to wait unnecessarily. Why not add a quit button to keep things moving along / retain the same score as if you just "paused it out"?

No galan could work. Harvest then sp2 for 9 incinerates. It does actually deal a decent chunk to those defenders and somehow I knew you all would come at me for having a reasonable argument.

lmao this guy. Are you still in VT?
    No I'm in glad circuit but I didn't do many matches of this meta so I don't lose points. And my b on the galan I forgot about polka dot power.
    But regardless why is it so hard to score more than 15k points? Even without a good counter just doing basic hits you'll do more than a quarter of their health
    You're going to be criting causing rage and unblockable. This means one slip up and you're dead. It's unforgiving. And consider that many specials are multi hit which if not perfectly evaded , is death. I'm not a jerk but you were putting down others for not getting 15k which is very easy to in this meta
  • No galan could work. Harvest then sp2 for 9 incinerates. It does actually deal a decent chunk to those defenders and somehow I knew you all would come at me for having a reasonable argument.

No I'm in glad circuit but I didn't do many matches of this meta so I don't lose points. And my b on the galan I forgot about polka dot power.
    But regardless why is it so hard to score more than 15k points? Even without a good counter just doing basic hits you'll do more than a quarter of their health
    since you havent played a "lot" of matches, let me school you. The meta includes many hard to dodge specials, or many aura effects that one shot you when your opponent gets 5 rage stacks.
    people take the easy way out and timeout instead.
  • Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 204

Tell me you haven’t played in Gladiator Circuit without saying it.
  • Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 204

But regardless why is it so hard to score more than 15k points? Even without a good counter just doing basic hits you'll do more than a quarter of their health</blockquote

5-10 basic hits from Galan and the defender will be unblockable with 5 furies and most likely at their SP1

Say, does the harvest deal a nice burst of damage?
    No cause rage, I know some things jerk
    Just to drive the point, modders only get 45k -40k points instead of the usual 55k-50k because they know even with perfect play your score will be very low.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    My solution: Deduct points from total for every second paused.