**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How will next BG season be any different?

WoodsjrWoodsjr Posts: 57
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
After 5 seasons with reports of modders, input issues, and bugs. What will be different this season? This mode can be so much fun and definitely a needed change of pace in the game. But, with all of these issues combined it becomes taxing and not fun to play overall.

Is Kabaam examining anything? Planning on disciplining modders ( longer than 1 week)?

What steps are you a a company taking moving forward?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Elthan said:

I believe it will be the same. Look how many low level accounts have become suddenly "legend" while Kabam didn't see any cheater on the last season leaderboard top 1000 :o

I don't know if I have to laugh or cry.

It would be weird to cry over this, but I can def get laughter or frustration
  • WoodsjrWoodsjr Posts: 57
    I don't think it's hard to check up on. However "we" have so many in the community that play and just deal with it. The problem being using individual resources or money to continue to stay relevant. I don't mind spending. But, spending while broken , with having the ability to fix it but not fixing it, doesn't encourage spending.
  • KLZKLZ Posts: 134
    When do we get compensation for Season 5 bugs??!?
  • The only feasible change I see coming this season is Kabam now rewarding modders. That would make sense and be in line with their recent actions like closing or deleting threads about their incompetence with bans last season. It’s disgusting and shameful to say the least. Good job, you know how to run game business.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mmm...

An Overwatch system like the one in CSGO would be very helpful and the community would help to detect cheaters.

1. Save fights so they can be examined within the game itself. (Fight replay system)
    2. Select experienced players with a lot of knowledge of the game to investigate the reports.
    3. The "investigators" would give their verdict and explain "why" a fight is "impossible" or was made using cheats.
    4. The player would not be punished based on the results of the "investigators", but would filter a large number of reports and expose specific points on which KABAM staff could base their investigation.
    5. Do HWID ban (device ban) like many other companies do.

Impossible.

They face a moral issue for a lot of the bg bans unfortunately. On the last day of the season there was a player from LOVE - one of the biggest whale alliances in the game shamelessly modding his way through the circuit. He’s still in the game, still in the alliance despite the alliance leadership being made aware. The issue for Kabam is that if they device ban a 5m account that probably represents lost revenue to the tune of 4-5 digits over a year.

Personally I’d like to snap the guy’s phone in half and throw it into the sea but if he was paying my company that much I could see why there might be second thoughts.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

Mmm...

An Overwatch system like the one in CSGO would be very helpful and the community would help to detect cheaters.

1. Save fights so they can be examined within the game itself. (Fight replay system)
    2. Select experienced players with a lot of knowledge of the game to investigate the reports.
    3. The "investigators" would give their verdict and explain "why" a fight is "impossible" or was made using cheats.
    4. The player would not be punished based on the results of the "investigators", but would filter a large number of reports and expose specific points on which KABAM staff could base their investigation.
    5. Do HWID ban (device ban) like many other companies do.

Impossible.

And when they get a few dozen (hundred?) complaints in a day, how would you handle that? Who would coordinate these investigations and keep track of all the players work?

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    This problem will never go away unless and until permanent bans become a thing. Consequences are so minimal it almost encourages people to mod.
  • Hey there,

We are pretty open with how we act on Modders in Battlegrounds. We have an escalating punishment system that goes from 7 Days, to 30 Days, to a Permanent suspension. This is a common practice in most games, and the goal is to reform players so that they can learn their lesson and come back as rule-abiding players. This works most of the time.

We're also open about how we know that we need to continue to improve our cheat detection methods. We're continuously getting better at catching cheaters, but cheaters are also continuously getting sneakier and looking for ways to avoid getting caught.

We need to continue to improve how we identify cheaters and act on them, but that is going to be an ongoing battle.
This discussion has been closed.