**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In no competition, does one’s rank reset every season.

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
So why does this happen in BGS. It’s like saying a pro football player and a middle schooler have the same experience because they’ve never played this season. I wish there was some permanence to the rank you achieve and can only go back down by losing. Then change “games won” objectives with “games played” so people are not incentivized to throw.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    Danxor said:

A lot of games do this, Hearthstone would be the one that mirrors this most closely.

Diablo 3 as well. You rebuild every Season.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Football leagues have everyone in different leagues at the start of a new season, like AW does.
    A football cup competition is a free for all, everyone can be drawn against anyone. Battlegrounds is like this.
  • Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Kerneas said:

yes, rankings do get reset and they should be reset every new season.

Fair opinion, perfectly valid, but why do you think so? Back it up please
    Because rosters change, players leave the game, they don't deserve to take a spot up just cause they finished there last season, season metas or matchmaking gives unfair advantages like this last season ws had, jusf terrible!.

Also, how would you move up if we kept our rank season after season and everyone's rosters changed?
  • Options
    NearJr said:

In the NBA, when the season starts, everyone has the exact same chance to get into the playoffs. The reigning champs do not get a free playoff spot. You earn what you get.

Exactly. Imagine, whoever wins championship gets it given to them every new season cause that was their last season rank

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited March 2023

NearJr said:

In the NBA, when the season starts, everyone has the exact same chance to get into the playoffs. The reigning champs do not get a free playoff spot. You earn what you get.

Do high school teams get put in the NBA at the start of each season?
    I am not much familiar with NBA, but I am sure there are bad teams and good teams, teams with different budgets, different levels of progression, different goals, past achievements.
    That's the example being used here. You have to be in the league to play, you can't bring in a hockey team and soccer and have them compete.
    Understand the analogy.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

So why does this happen in BGS. It’s like saying a pro football player and a middle schooler have the same experience because they’ve never played this season. I wish there was some permanence to the rank you achieve and can only go back down by losing. Then change “games won” objectives with “games played” so people are not incentivized to throw.

In Pro football (and really in every sport I can think of including college sprts), every season begins with everyone at the same "rank", with the same record of zero wins and zero losses.
  • Options

NearJr said:

Here's the thing, you cannot compare 2 different levels that are competing for different prizes.
    Does a cavalier have different prizes than a paragon in BG? No.

So when the progression/rank resets at the START of every season, it is to give everyone the same footing. Competitions usually start with teams at zero points. F1?? EPL?? FIFA?? NBA?? BG??
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

NearJr said:

Here's the thing, you cannot compare 2 different levels that are competing for different prizes.

So when the progression/rank resets at the START of every season, it is to give everyone the same footing. Competitions usually start with teams at zero points. F1?? EPL?? FIFA?? NBA?? BG??
    You're not thinking about matchmaking. It the matchmaking wasn't garbage then I'd have no issue with everyone starting at zero because the actual best players would quickly rise to the top.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    There could be a reduction each season. But maybe give the players that got further in the previous season a head start into the next season?
  • Options

NearJr said:

You're not thinking about matchmaking. It the matchmaking wasn't garbage then I'd have no issue with everyone starting at zero because the actual best players would quickly rise to the top.
    And they do, that is what the victory track is for.
    If you are stuck in bronze, then that is probably where you belong.

Matchmaking isn't perfect but it does not stop the good players from progressing.
  • Options

NearJr said:

This is false equivalence. High School teams start off like all others, earning rank as they win
  • Options

NearJr said:

This is wrong too, you are assuming officials that make the schedules are going to do the same thing kabam is doing

In terms of high school examples, we do not have a 2A school match against a 6A school.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★

NearJr said:

High Schools dont compete for the Larry O'brien trophy
  • Options

NearJr said:

Matchmaking isn't perfect but it does not stop the good players from progressing.
    Wrong.

We are not playing a wrong or right game here.
    Have you considered that maybe people aren't good enough, in terms of either skill or mental strength or other attributes to progress further.

Let's say you take my account and put me in Vibranium at the start of season or maybe Gamma 2, where I finished, where is the fun in that. What am I supposed to do rest of the season, count my thumbs.
  • Options

NearJr said:

Wrong.

Have you considered that maybe people aren't good enough, in terms of either skill or mental strength or other attributes to progress further.

Let's say you take my account and put me in Vibranium at the start of season or maybe Gamma 2, where I finished, where is the fun in that. What am I supposed to do rest of the season, count my thumbs.
    There's a huge difference between starting everyone at 0 and Starting people exactly where they left off the previous season and allowing them to earn all the rewards w/o having to play.
  • Options
    **Range not difference.

No one is arguing that If you reach Gamma one season then you get free Gamma rewards for ever w/o having to play.
  • Options
    NearJr said:

NearJr said:

High Schools dont compete for the Larry O'brien trophy
    I know right, op is trying very hard to make a connection that isn't there
  • Options

NearJr said:

Wrong.

There's a huge difference between starting everyone at 0 and Starting people exactly where they left off the previous season and allowing them to earn all the rewards w/o having to play.
    Explain this "huge" difference?
  • Options

**Range not difference.

No one is arguing that If you reach Gamma one season then you get free Gamma rewards for ever w/o having to play.

ok, I read through your posts again and this is what I got -

1. Players should not start at 0
    2. Matchmaking isn't fair/good so players should start at a tier that is not bronze / where they finished last season.
    3. Players should not be given rewards for the tier that they will start at.

Could you please help me understand - What is your proposal here?

How is matchmaking affecting your progression?