Options

"Parry"

TinklestinkieTinklestinkie Posts: 102
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I'm sure this has been brought up enough, but maybe not enough as I just finished playing M.O.D.O.K. master mode and it says "Parry" but no stun occurs. It used to happen once in a while and I would just adapt, but with the 1st right path on act 2 / 2 it's almost every fight (whole map not just that path).
Most recent (before I put the phone down) happened with ghost rider 4* 4/5 fighting Yondu. 3 successful parries in a row and he kept on going.
Galaxy s7 edge latest updates.

I'm not here to recline in the complaining comfy seat on the band wagon. But the current significance of this bug is pretty high due to the current frequency and I like everyone else relies on parry pretty heavily.

P.S. To offset the negative-- thanks for everything else such as the great events and more accessible T4's + that great summoner's choice 4* crystal

Comments

• Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The stun effect of parry is considered as an ability, and thus is affected by ability reduction effects. One common example is trying to parry Magneto while under the effect of Magnetized, or just trying to parry a duped Black Widow.

As for Yondu, his light attacks are considered as projectiles and therefore cannot be parried. Which is kind of a unique niche thing for Yondu. However, being projectiles, his light attacks have a 100% to miss a sig 99 OG Daredevil.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    The stun effect of parry is considered as an ability, and thus is affected by ability reduction effects. One common example is trying to parry Magneto while under the effect of Magnetized, or just trying to parry a duped Black Widow.

As for Yondu, his light attacks are considered as projectiles and therefore cannot be parried. Which is kind of a unique niche thing for Yondu. However, being projectiles, his light attacks have a 100% to miss a sig 99 OG Daredevil.

Makes sense regarding yondu I guess, but the same phenomena happened with Kamila/venom/voodoo and one more I can't recollect. Lastily, why would the "parry" still be displayed on the screen if it's projectile associated.
  • Options
    seanjohn7944seanjohn7944 Posts: 153
    "Yondu isn't stunned when his Yaka Arrow is parried because it's a projectile attack"

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5359/yondu-ignores-parry-not-a-bug
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    TheBlet wrote: »
    Modok needs to be nerfed. My screen also goes crazy when Im fighting him so moves dont work

Wasn't fighting modok. This was heavily occurring in ACT 2
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    "Yondu isn't stunned when his Yaka Arrow is parried because it's a projectile attack"

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5359/yondu-ignores-parry-not-a-bug

Thanks for that resolution/explanation. Still doesn't explain the others who didn't have stun immunities.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★

Makes sense regarding yondu I guess, but the same phenomena happened with Kamila/venom/voodoo and one more I can't recollect. Lastily, why would the "parry" still be displayed on the screen if it's projectile associated.

Let me rephrase, the projectile CAN be parried, but it doesn't inflict a stun.

Parry just means that the timing of your block is near perfect. Whether it induces a stun or not depends on whether that ability is reduced by ability accuracy reduction, or whether or not the attack is a projectile.

Most of the time you evade Ironman's SP1, right? But if you time a block perfectly, you will find that the "Parry" status actually appears when u block his SP1. I did it a few times by accident.