**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How are we suppose to compete content like abyss or EOP?

I mean this has been mentioned for a while but seriously kabam, how desperate can you be? You want us to buy revives for content when you yourself put it out that’s in a way that’s almost impossible to complete itemless because of things like skirmish charges. Also, In the instance of EOP yeah it could be done itemless if played correctly, but some of the objectives make it so that it can’t be solo or just makes it really hard to not die. It’s mind boggling that I’m
Losing brain cells trynna comprehend how y’all think it’s such a great idea. This has done no harm yet you choose take it away like as if it’s our fault you put content that’s just not going to be cleared without using a crazy amount of items. I do know certain things can be completed itemless, but that has been getting significantly harder with the input issues. Kabam you guys gotta re-think this through or like I said before you guys are just digging your graves lol.

Comments

• ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 63

I mean this has been mentioned for a while but seriously kabam, how desperate can you be? You want us to buy revives for content when you yourself put it out that’s in a way that’s almost impossible to complete itemless because of things like skirmish charges. Also, In the instance of EOP yeah it could be done itemless if played correctly, but some of the objectives make it so that it can’t be solo or just makes it really hard to not die. It’s mind boggling that I’m
    Losing brain cells trynna comprehend how y’all think it’s such a great idea. This has done no harm yet you choose take it away like as if it’s our fault you put content that’s just not going to be cleared without using a crazy amount of items. I do know certain things can be completed itemless, but that has been getting significantly harder with the input issues. Kabam you guys gotta re-think this through or like I said before you guys are just digging your graves lol.

Just ignore it
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    The same way we did when Abyss was released. We used units.
    Farming act 1-3 has not been around for THAT long. And when abyss was released it was not a thing like it is now.
    Don`t get me wrong. I prefer the direct revive farming much much much more.
    But before it was a thing we did arena to farm units and buy the revives.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

May the odin force be with you

Thor Unitson has spoken
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian

I spent 200 revives that I farmed over two weeks to get path 5 done just recently. The second I got past Gulk… I knew that the AOL was a waste of time. Not only because the content is tediously mundane and is just meant to be a sponge quest, the rewards just aren’t worth it anymore.

Then why do it in the first place? Like I have the 2 harder Lab challenges left but I'm choosing not to do them because they aren't worth the hundreds of revives. You don't have to complete every piece of content.
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Posts: 62
    Yeah I don't see the abyss being worth it now unless you're doing it for the challenge. There are much easier ways to get equivalent rewards now.

I think that is kind of the issue with the revive changes. I do see kabams side of things, revives are probably too easy to get right now, there should be more of a unit investment to clear difficult content.

But if they cut revive farming down to the levels they're suggesting it won't be feasible to do some of the higher level content before the rewards are out of date unless you spend a lot of money/arena farming.

There's definitely a happy middle to be found where you're still probably going to have to dip into your units to complete something like eop carina or do some arena farming but won't have to spend a fortune. Kabams current suggestion would cut that content off from even someone like me who spends a fair bit. You'd have to spend over a month between paths or spend 100's. Anyone f2p or close would have no chance.

A big part is how ineffectual healing is as well. A full stash of healing doesn't do much because of how little even the bigger pots heal. You could probably cut revives down if you made healing more useful.

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 830 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    To answer the OP as succinctly as I can, use all revives in your inventory and then buy whatever else you need with units, whether that comes from stashed units or by spending.

For me, I'm deciding whether to simply write off Abyss, Carina's Challenges etc because I'm not prepared to spend the amount of units required. When you aren't superhuman good and don't have a specific roster to tackle it, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Which is basically what Kabam has already said about not being able to do everything in the game.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    Save and slowly overtime, that’s the way it used to be… that said I abhor content that is intentionally designed with death switches or to make me feel like I suck. So ironically this content mothballs until the rewards are less relevant. I’m not sure if this is the balance the team wants but it definitely feels that way.

I end up staying current with progression through offers, but that’s also the problem, the current game ecosystem is out of balance and every move like this just further slants the deck. At times it does start to feel like they are moving to a paid subscription to play model, and this is one of those times. I think that’s why this is so frustrating.

Personally, it’s not about the revive farm, it’s about yet another move the last few years tilting the scales just a bit more. And with all this investment I’d prefer seeing more action on things I care about like inputs, AI timing and visual prompt inaccuracy, and cheating.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,907 ★★★★★
    Odins

Farming act 1-3 has not been around for THAT long. And when abyss was released it was not a thing like it is now.

The thing is, they've let us farm for almost 2 years now so there's no going back. When Odins was the only way we knew to do the content that's one thing. Now that we all know that was a different way, many will not go back to spending through content. Also, in that time the offers and rewards are so far out of wack that it's smarter to just not do content and save units for the offers every few months. We used to have to complete content for the best rewards in the game, now we can just buy them for cheaper than doing the content. Really great game design.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

Odins

The thing is, they've let us farm for almost 2 years now so there's no going back. When Odins was the only way we knew to do the content that's one thing. Now that we all know that was a different way, many will not go back to spending through content. Also, in that time the offers and rewards are so far out of wack that it's smarter to just not do content and save units for the offers every few months. We used to have to complete content for the best rewards in the game, now we can just buy them for cheaper than doing the content. Really great game design.
    I totally agree with you. Offers are a much better priority for your units. There is no denying that. I simply offered an alternative means to get revives. I never said it was an option that is either better or just as good as what we have right now.
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    edited March 2023

You do know that abyss was released before revive farming was a thing right?

It has always been a thing. ROL also use to give revives before they took those away and replaced it with potions.
    There use to be a path that guaranteed a revive every time, but Kabam removed it saying it was only meant for early game players.

• CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297

You do know that abyss was released before revive farming was a thing right?

People were revive farming in ROL using Thor when there was only 4* champs… wtf are you on?
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 761 ★★★★
    The simple solution is to not do content that is onerous unless you happen to have the right counters or accumulate items over time. Zero impulse to do any of the Carina's challenges. Chasing the summit of the game is a never ending Sisyphean endeavor. Haven't even looked at Carina's challenges. Casually playing the game is an option.