Options

Ascension mechanics for 6* and lower tier of champions [merged]

Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
Hi everyone and Kabam peoples,
In the entire livestream kabam jax and Aidaan explored a lot about upcoming crystals and 7* champs but you folks previously mentioned that since 7* are coming you will implement a new mechanic named "ASCENSION" to make the lower tier champs still powerfull and more inline and valid toward a 7* equivalent. But today there was no mention about this mechanics. does this means it will not be implemented or it will be. if so when and what is ascenstion actually. please let us know as introducing 7* in the mix is just like making the puzzle a lot more mismatched than previous. really hoping to get an answer.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Jax @RichTheMan @Kabam Boo
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    According to the roadmap that announced 7* champs and the Ascension system, 7*s would be coming first. Since we’re only getting details on 7*s now, I don’t expect we’ll hear anything until sometime later after the launch of 7*s. They haven’t said that Ascension isn’t coming, they just haven’t given us any details on it, for all we know they may not even have all the details worked out yet. I wouldn’t jump the gun and say they made a false promise, if we go by the rough timeline they mentioned in the roadmap then they’re still on track.
  • Options
    Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
    i hope so. But many of their promises never saw the light of the day. They proposed to revamp the aw, didn't... revamp the arena to make arena 2.0, didn't. nerfed the rng revive farm to give a worse revive rng farm. wish crystal is still on backburner, almost stopped the old champ rework model... i dont want to see same thing with ascension.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I am just asking about the release date for Accension to MCOC. Idk what the date is do you know the release date, or you can guess the date.

I just really want to Accend my Champions really really badly. :(
  • Options
    Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    You have to open a wish crystals in your base to ascend... Duh
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    I feel like very few are at the R5 level. Plenty of time left to introduce Ascension. IMO.
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Never
  • Options
    WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63
    They couldn’t even tell us how Ascension will work? I understand it is still being developed but to not even say something like you will need your champ at max sig and fully ranked to use it for Ascension? Or, as has been suggested, that you will need all the various Star versions maxed out to do it? At least then we would not waste resources on maxing out champs that would not help in this regard.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,148 ★★★★★

So much for hearing about Ascension when we hear more about 7*…. What a surprise they are going to take forever to implement something that benefits the players vs milks the whales

my brother in christ this has nothing to do with whales and players
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,710 Guardian

They couldn’t even tell us how Ascension will work? I understand it is still being developed but to not even say something like you will need your champ at max sig and fully ranked to use it for Ascension? Or, as has been suggested, that you will need all the various Star versions maxed out to do it? At least then we would not waste resources on maxing out champs that would not help in this regard.

Maybe don't spend resources counting on other people's speculations.

They are not going to announce anything about Ascension until its details are set in stone. Because otherwise they would be called liars for releasing something that did not match original details precisely. Your post itself highlights the problem with announcing anything early. You're asking for early access information about a feature still in development so you can spend resources to optimize for those details. You'd be the first one calling them liars and demanding compensation if the slightest detail changed that cost you so much as a peanut.