**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts after watching BG’s video

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
https://youtu.be/ej0S-H-HmI4
If you haven’t watched it here’s the link.

So after watching the video I really felt that the game is kind of moving in the wrong direction. I definitely believe that p2p players deserve more because they are the reason the game is still going on… but the rewards for spending shouldn’t be exclusive or trophy champs. I think the rewards should be limited to rank up resources, nexus, etc that are available to all the players but in more quantity for the p2p.

I really think kabam should make a turnaround in the future and add new trophy champs in content like before so even f2p can try strategies and use there skills to get these champs.

At this point its more like buy your way through everything which shouldn’t be the main aim of the game and it should be more on the lines of using strategy and skills to beat the game.

Comments

• Options

This ship has long since sailed unfortunately

It feels that way but i hope they realise this and turn it around 🤞🤞
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

But they're just trophy champs. They don't impact prestige and they are required for any content. Their sole purpose is to make others go wow nice.

Some are useful though, jessica jones is an amazing defender and very sustainable with consistent damage attacker, sigil witch is amazing as well, weapon x is a tough defender and has great damage against opponents that bleed, kang is good with the apoc synergy,

But its not about the champs itself but the way they are acquired, paying to acquire a champ is not a good idea in my opinion but planning and then achieving the goal to receive the champ is I believe… some might have different opinions and that is perfectly alright as well.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Buttehrs said:

But they're just trophy champs. They don't impact prestige and they are required for any content. Their sole purpose is to make others go wow nice.

Lately trophy champs aren’t just trophy champs: both Weapon X and Jessica Jones are valuable both on offense and defense. Unfortunately, Weapon X was the last trophy champ you could earn through Act Legends Run. He was then re-introduced through Pay Wall along with Jessica Jones

Buttehrs said:

Some are useful though, jessica jones is an amazing defender and very sustainable with consistent damage attacker, sigil witch is amazing as well, weapon x is a tough defender and has great damage against opponents that bleed, kang is good with the apoc synergy,

But its not about the champs itself but the way they are acquired, paying to acquire a champ is not a good idea in my opinion but planning and then achieving the goal to receive the champ is I believe… some might have different opinions and that is perfectly alright as well.
    Useful sure but not necessary. Your not missing anything by missing the champs unlike someone like Hercules or Dr doom.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 471 ★★★
    WolvX and JJ are ridiculously difficult defenders. Pay2win examples indeed
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

WolvX and JJ are ridiculously difficult defenders. Pay2win examples indeed

Lol weapon X gets wrecked by most techs...
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Thoughts? it's way too long a video for what it boils down to - it's hard to be at the top as a f2p player in mcoc in today's game - not impossible, but hard.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    I could care less about trophy champs would love to see more rank up resources for FTP. Without Carina challenges not sure if any ftp would have gotten a R5 champ meanwhile some already full profile of R5 champs.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

You lost me at the part where you say f2p are "the reason the game is still going".

Where did they say that

Since you didn't seem to see what was in their post, here is the screenshot of the section where they said it.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Kang is good? I’ve had a 6* for ages, need to look into this lol
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    BG stopped being relevant to MCoC for a while...
    Now he just whines
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 817 ★★★
    Side bar .....this video was one of his better vids and def worth a watch..... especially if you have played mcoc for a while and can go down memory lane and recall some of the stuff he mentions....def a nostalgia vid that was very well done
  • Options

So after watching the video I really felt that the game is kind of moving in the wrong direction. I definitely believe that p2p players deserve more because they are the reason the game is still going on… but the rewards for spending shouldn’t be exclusive or trophy champs. I think the rewards should be limited to rank up resources, nexus, etc that are available to all the players but in more quantity for the p2p.

I really think kabam should make a turnaround in the future and add new trophy champs in content like before so even f2p can try strategies and use there skills to get these champs.

At this point its more like buy your way through everything which shouldn’t be the main aim of the game and it should be more on the lines of using strategy and skills to beat the game.

You lost me at the part where you say f2p are "the reason the game is still going".

So you think those that don't give a penny to a for profit company are what keeps the game going as opposed to those who spend hundreds and thousands of dollars? Does that really make sense to you?

I honestly don't even care at this point as I've logged into game only twice in the last week (after going 8 years without ever missing a login), but I do feel the duty to call out statements that just are not logical.
    You might wanna read it again cuz I haven’t mentioned f2p are the reason the game is still going😅 I’ve said p2p
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Thoughts? it's way too long a video for what it boils down to - it's hard to be at the top as a f2p player in mcoc in today's game - not impossible, but hard.

The point is not being on the top in anyway, its that there was a time when f2p had a fair shot at trophy champs as well. As BG mentioned he planned everything, watched other youtubers vids, ranked the champs necessary so he can reach top 100 in the legends run.
  • Options

I could care less about trophy champs would love to see more rank up resources for FTP. Without Carina challenges not sure if any ftp would have gotten a R5 champ meanwhile some already full profile of R5 champs.

That’s a legit point,I do agree 8.2 should’ve given more in terms of rank up resources to r5 a champ. And the bauble event has set f2p and p2p further apart.

On the other hand you can get a r5 by completing carina vol 3 but you can’t get champs like weapon x, sigil witch, JJ unless you get very lucky in the few bauble event crystals
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Where did they say that

Where did they say that

Since you didn't seem to see what was in their post, here is the screenshot of the section where they said it.

😂😂
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Kang is good? I’ve had a 6* for ages, need to look into this lol
    Yea take apoc with him and he be slamming opponents
  • Options
    lqd1lqd1 Posts: 54
    edited April 2023
    Honestly games like this need both F2P & P2W to balance. If you don't have F2P you have a smaller community and if everyone is P2W the game is going to be boring. Because if everyone's at the top everyone's, with everything there's no obstacles or real point in to keep playing except to collect but even then after a while it will die down. But, if there is only F2P the same thing will happen just in a different way. They won't keep supporting an app that's not bringing in any revenue..... And they would have to litter this game with so many ads just to make a profit that no one will want to play.

I say this as a casual spender & trust me there are way worse games out there with a higher monetization.....check out Mech A.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Interestingly, whenever Brian and I have had this conversation (which we've had maybe five or sixty times) trophy champs have been the least of his concerns really. Not to speak for Brian, but his story about Legends Thanos is not about trophy champs at all. It is about the sense of accomplishment that comes from the struggle to obtain otherwise impossible to acquire things. We've discussed this in the context of trophy champs, progression titles, and even roster rank ups. The fact that the first R5 players could obtain came from Carinas is almost certainly a dev response to the general notion that the best, rarest, and most powerful stuff should sometimes come from the highest levels of gameplay accomplishment. The problem, as always, is balancing that against monetization requirements on the one hand, and opening availability to the general playerbase on the other hand.

The problem with restricting spending to only things everyone else can get, is how many people would be willing to spend on things everyone can get a lot of, just to get a little more. Probably not many. You can sell exclusive items. Or you can sell very rare items. But if you only sell more of what everyone else gets plenty of, you're only going to get a trickle of spending, and pretty soon the powers that be will decide to shift their focus to some other game that makes more than a trickle of revenue.
    Yea that’s a fair point! When i mentioned getting trophy champs with strategies and skills i was implying it gave a sense of accomplishment and also a fair shot at the owning rare champs.

And I totally get spending players will obviously spend more if they get exclusive stuff and not just more of a common stuff.

I’m not against this notion i just wish that f2p players should get a shot at owning these champs. Legends runs were great for such things but since they had to shut it down cuz of mercs and modders it kinda sucks.

I hope they bring it back or something new to implement it with a way to stop modders and mercs from taking advantage