Is Adam Warlock looking to powerful

TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Member Posts: 153
Just want to know every ones thoughts on him. He looks a bit to OP to me especially with the pod

Is Adam Warlock looking to powerful 118 votes

Yes
30%
DeeparviZatbustSymbioticVen9MCat_MurdockFfm1899rcm2017Gogeta91199RockyshockyJChanceH9Hector_147521EggatronBabyMiikeAozerGinjabredMonstaWebhead055SammypointyearBe_SomebodyChobblySearmenisJefechuta 36 votes
No
69%
DL864MasterSmokeBigPoppaCBONESpity68KDoggg2017AzKicker316JinxesaxeSpeedbumpDemonzfyreDarkrider05hydrogohardcfpreludeDRTOLogan00Cyborg17t123459KnightNvrEndingGrizzly_18SCP1504Timmy2xs 82 votes

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★
    that pod is such a cool mechanic
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    No

I wonder if the pod works on sp3s? Can't imagine it would as that would seem way to OP.
    edited April 2023
    H3t3r said:

I wonder if the pod works on sp3s? Can't imagine it would as that would seem way to OP.
    surely not- the ability to just tank special 3s is insane
    edited April 2023
    No

Apoc...Sorry Adam Warlock is a Dud.

Very easy to confuse the 2. Both are absolute Chad's.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    H3t3r said:

We don't know all his abilities yet. He could be easily countered by certain debuffs or whatnot.

We do know the gist of his abilities from the live stream, he is going to suck to fight as a defender
    No
    Pikolu said:

H3t3r said:

We don't know all his abilities yet. He could be easily countered by certain debuffs or whatnot.

We do know the gist of his abilities from the live stream, he is going to suck to fight as a defender
    Sym supreme and mojo seem to be very good options going off what we know.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,751 ★★★★★
    No
    Pikolu said:

H3t3r said:

We know is "ideal fight rotation". We don't really know the full extent of his abilities. Kabam John did say he will be a good defender but we don't truly know.
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    Yes

H3t3r said:

Cough cough *ice man* cough cough
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 549 ★★★★
    No
    Legit cant tell because almost no one has played him yet. Based on first impressions he looks like a solid but not broken attacker but also a very strong cosmic defender. Neither of which imo make a champ broken. But we will see when people can play him more
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Member Posts: 153
    Yeah, but I'm just saying off of first impressions
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    No
    Pikolu said:

H3t3r said:

Wiccan looks like a good counter since he can block unblockable attacks against cosmics. Although Adam is immune to neutralize, so I’m not sure how Wiccan’s rotation will fare against that
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    No
    I think he might actually be good for the game. The problem with the mystic class in the past is that every champion in it felt very samey. Cosmic champs had buffs and mystics nullified them, and that relationship didn't change for years. We saw a few champions, like Tigra and Mojo, that interacted with buffs in different ways (which incidentally is why I love both and have them at r4), but for the longest time there was no need for mystic champions to do anything else than nullify or possibly stagger the opponent.

With more and more champions who are immune to nullify and stagger, other ways of dealing with the buffs have become more and more important. Thus, the rise in neutralize champions in the past year or so. We've also seen Absorbing Man have a similar ability to Mojo's buff duration reduction.

Now that we have a champion that is immune to not only nullify and stagger, but also ability reduction, I hope that this signals a further evolution within the mystic class that further differentiate champions within that class from one another. I suspect that Mojo will still work well (we heard Jax say that one of the tricky things with Adam Warlock is that his buffs don't last very long already), but my hope is that we'll be seeing champions that counter Adam's buffs in a new and surprising way in the future.

The last year has already reinvigorated the mystic class greatly thanks to the self-imposed limitations that Kabam has had to work around, and I am hopeful that we'll see that continue as we go forward. I think Jax mentioned that Mordo might be a good option for countering Adam, and that we might see more champions in the future that use his Soul Barb mechanic where you deal more damage to a champion the more buffs the opponent has active on themselves. I'm all for that.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★
    No
    We’ll see. I don’t think he’s immune to nullify, stagger, fate seal, or debuffs that removes buffs, so mystics should still be able to counter him
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Yes
    The Pod can make for a great gameplay mechanic, just like Kitty and Ghost's phase, or Titania's indestructible. Really looking forward to seeing all his abilities.
  • Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Member Posts: 168
    No
    Ur already trying to nerf a champ before the come out? People r ridiculous.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    How good was Sentry? :#
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,816 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

Killmonger, Titania and Luke Cage say 'Hi.'

Not to mention Kitty Pryde...
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    Yes
    He is the next big money maker from Kabam. Everything in their live stream was practically an advertisement for him. Even in the question asked by Jax based on how /what they will evaluate his performance in the next months, the reply was that they will check if he performs equally well as… a defender! They have no doubts on how the will perform as an attacker it seems! So… it’s quite possible that they will…tune him UP in the future….? That’s insane stuff.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Member Posts: 684 ★★★

H3t3r said:

Cough cough *korg* cough cough
  • ElMelloiElMelloi Member Posts: 101
    No
    he looks meh to me
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
    No
    @Hector_1475 he also said they don't wanna do anything like herc again. Where he is used anywhere. Also If you don't want a company to try and make money. To stay in buisiness.....for the company....a business....then I hear there are some lovely tribes around the world you can try to become a part of. But about Adam, I think when they speak about a defender they mostly mean, will he force you to use revives. And I think he will for most players. Especially if he is given a turtling node. I see him being a pain in the tucus for players but not herc level broke. We won't see that again.
    Yes

H3t3r said:

Wait Luke can tank sp 3? I did'nt knew
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Yes
    Timmy2xs said:

Ur already trying to nerf a champ before the come out? People r ridiculous.

To be fair, wouldn’t you rather him tuned down before released and resources put in him
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,816 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

Wait Luke can tank sp 3? I did'nt knew
    As long as he's not facing someone who's going to Stagger the Invulnerability or something. And The Collector/Grandmaster ignore it.

Luke's got full-on Invulnerability; so aside from the cases above, when it's triggered he doesn't take any kind of damage whatsoever

I used him against Nameless Thanos years back, and he resisted Thanos's Death Touch effect after his Specials, which were supposed to kill you instantly.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    @Magrailothos Luke just needs a little buff either via update or synergy. He’s buried in a super strong science class but he’s not half bad.

Dr. Zola

H3t3r said:

haha do i feel a little stupid right now
    still i’m glad the pod doesn’t work on special 3s
    Yes
    How did i forget about Hércules sp3 triggers invulneravlity?
    I shouldve known about luke