Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How to keep Hercs balance without a nerf

2»

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,711 ★★★★★
    I would be shocked if a 7* Herc is released any time soon.

The precedent was set with Quake. No nerf, just aged out of the meta.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,348 ★★★★★
    People who don't get herc will keep crying. No one cares if there rng is bad. I have herc and i am proud that he is my top champ. Don't cry dude u will get him one day, but we don't know when that days will come
  • Options
    Grizzly_18Grizzly_18 Posts: 90

People who don't get herc will keep crying. No one cares if there rng is bad. I have herc and i am proud that he is my top champ. Don't cry dude u will get him one day, but we don't know when that days will come

I have herc
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 506 ★★★

I have herc
    I believe that you do bro, and I also respect your opinion and appreciate you sharing feedback. My question to you sir (which is the same question I posed when this topic came up last time), why do anything of the sort. Nerf, remove from pool, etc.? For anyone who has Hercelus and thinks he is too powerful there is a very, very simiple solution. Just don't touch him.

I have 6 star champs who I've only used in Arena. It may be an oversimplification to say so, but if one doesn't like a champ, or think they make the game to easy, or any number of other reasons for not wanting them in game, then even if crystal RNG causes them to join their collection, that champ does not have to see any useage in game play.

It seems as though an underline reason (as many have said) is that most who desire his nerf (or removal from other crystals, or other such solution) is asking because they feel that those who have him have too much of an advantage over those who do not.
  • Options

Tone deaf as usual
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

I have herc
    I believe that you do bro, and I also respect your opinion and appreciate you sharing feedback. My question to you sir (which is the same question I posed when this topic came up last time), why do anything of the sort. Nerf, remove from pool, etc.? For anyone who has Hercelus and thinks he is too powerful there is a very, very simiple solution. Just don't touch him.

I have 6 star champs who I've only used in Arena. It may be an oversimplification to say so, but if one doesn't like a champ, or think they make the game to easy, or any number of other reasons for not wanting them in game, then even if crystal RNG causes them to join their collection, that champ does not have to see any useage in game play.

It seems as though an underline reason (as many have said) is that most who desire his nerf (or removal from other crystals, or other such solution) is asking because they feel that those who have him have too much of an advantage over those who do not.
    A lot of people think that people who have suggested a nerf or something for herc don’t have him or know how to use him. That isn’t the case, the people who say that just think they are being funny.

I have talked to many people who have agreed and who have herc including me and we do exactly what you said, we don’t use him. Just by us not using him though doesn’t make the game balanced again. Herc is powerful because he does allow for potential steam roll of content. It’s not an opinion it is fact. The game has to find a balance some way and it was even suggested before that if herc was part of the evaluation program he probably would have been looked at for a rebalance.

They will likely not add him to the 7* pool for awhile, same as how they are not adding quake to the 6* pool. Their current star versions are good enough to overtake content as is
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

JK_47 said:

No you don't have a herc or you are bad at using him, that's why u r asking for nerf.... Lol

Don't worry u'll pull a herc soon or learn soon enough how to use him buddy

Bruh I have a herc and he's been really helpful with getting to tb. I'm just saying it would be a much better solution for the time being instead of potentially causing chaos in the community and making everyone mad.
    They aren't going to do anything to him. You're contributing to conspiracy at this point.
    Rare moment of Demonzfyre having a 100% agree rate? But on topic, I feel they'd just go the route of specifically making fights he can't just force through. Conflictor, buff shortening nodes, buff immunity nodes, etc.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★

GMAX77 said:

I have herc

A lot of people think that people who have suggested a nerf or something for herc don’t have him or know how to use him. That isn’t the case, the people who say that just think they are being funny.

I have talked to many people who have agreed and who have herc including me and we do exactly what you said, we don’t use him. Just by us not using him though doesn’t make the game balanced again. Herc is powerful because he does allow for potential steam roll of content. It’s not an opinion it is fact. The game has to find a balance some way and it was even suggested before that if herc was part of the evaluation program he probably would have been looked at for a rebalance.

They will likely not add him to the 7* pool for awhile, same as how they are not adding quake to the 6* pool. Their current star versions are good enough to overtake content as is
    What makes you assume that herc will be added to the 7* pool anytime soon?
    If I am not wrong it will probably be Christmas when they will add the next pool update which most probably won't contain herc
    I expect him before July 4th,2024 or before black Friday 2024
    And by then they will have already released champions that counter his abilities(champions which decrease buff duration or neglect the ability as a whole(from my experience aar actually prevents immortality as my herc was killed by domino without triggering immortality)
    So no need to make the delay more than it already is
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 506 ★★★
    edited May 2023

GMAX77 said:

I have herc
    Just by us not using him though doesn’t make the game balanced again.
    Just by us not using him though doesn’t make the game balanced again.

Fair point, and I think this is at the heart of any Herc-nerf discussion. And for what its worth, I'd have to say giving him the Quake treatment and not putting him in the pool (which I believe is what started this thread) is quite a reasonable take.

• Options
    Grizzly_18Grizzly_18 Posts: 90
    GMAX77 said:

I have herc

I 100% agree, but my reason for posting wasn't that I thought he was op, but because this would be a better solution that keeps more happiness than a nerf does.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 850 ★★★★
    Unless it’s content like eop, I’d rather have doom.
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    he's not even the best champ in the game, and these nerds continually talk about nerfing it. either to get a rise of the community because they have no life, or just plain jealous they don't have one
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 894 ★★★

Unless it’s content like eop, I’d rather have doom.

Agreed.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 894 ★★★
    @JT_Supreme Not sure why people keep coming back to this thread, many others agree with you and I that Doom is a better champ which is why he's probably the most common R4 in the game based on what I've seen, although I have no statistical evidence to support that
  • Options

GMAX77 said:

I have herc

What makes you assume that herc will be added to the 7* pool anytime soon?
    If I am not wrong it will probably be Christmas when they will add the next pool update which most probably won't contain herc
    I expect him before July 4th,2024 or before black Friday 2024
    And by then they will have already released champions that counter his abilities(champions which decrease buff duration or neglect the ability as a whole(from my experience aar actually prevents immortality as my herc was killed by domino without triggering immortality)
    So no need to make the delay more than it already is
    I never assumed that. I assumed the opposite actually
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★

I do t understand Kabam’s view on overly powerful champs. I have heard them bemoan how Herc is crushing all content, but they continue to release OP champs. Just watch the twitch stream when they’re slobbering over how powerful Adam Warlock will be. Said he was broken.

Why release such powerful champs if you think they’re too OP to be released at higher rarity?

Intentionally create OP champ
    Sell crystals
    Feign regret
    Nerf them via meta change (new champs and nodes which counter them)
    Release new OP champ (forget about how we regretted releasing the last one)
    Rinse
    Repeat
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Hercule est très bien comme il est …
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

JK_47 said:

No you don't have a herc or you are bad at using him, that's why u r asking for nerf.... Lol

Don't worry u'll pull a herc soon or learn soon enough how to use him buddy

Bruh I have a herc and he's been really helpful with getting to tb. I'm just saying it would be a much better solution for the time being instead of potentially causing chaos in the community and making everyone mad.
    There is not reason to worry about causing chaos because they aren't nerfing him. Whether or not they will release him as a 7* I have no idea. But there is no reason to have a nerf discussion because there is no nerf coming. This is like the poor man's Blade post from long ago lol.