**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green Goblin relic good?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Pulled this, no idea if it’s good or not. Thoughts?

😐…. Why are relics?

Comments

• Options
    The relics have slowly grown on me, and sadly don't have him yet. But so far, Green Goblin seems to has the most utility out of all the Tech Relics. Vision needs a heal block, Hulkbuster needs shock, Sentinel needs incinerates for them to be truly effective. Green Goblin has regen boost, debuff boost, and special damage decrease which can be applied to most if not all Tech champs
  • Options
    EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

Relics are absolutely useless. I honestly don't even get why people use them. Just seems like an unnecassary addition to me. Kabam would be better off fixing bugs instead.

1. They’re not useless. They provide a small benefit but the strikers are super useful and the stun window greatly helps a lot of champs cycles
    2. The team that fixes bugs and the team that designs relics are 2 separate things
    But the team that designs relics can also make new bugs, which create more work for the team that fixes bugs, which means less time fixing other bugs.
  • Options
    Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    edited May 2023
    EgretM4 said:

Emilia90 said:

Relics are absolutely useless. I honestly don't even get why people use them. Just seems like an unnecassary addition to me. Kabam would be better off fixing bugs instead.

1. They’re not useless. They provide a small benefit but the strikers are super useful and the stun window greatly helps a lot of champs cycles
    2. The team that fixes bugs and the team that designs relics are 2 separate things
    But the team that designs relics can also make new bugs, which create more work for the team that fixes bugs, which means less time fixing other bugs.
    Anytime you add something to an existing code base you run the risk of “breaking” the app/software. That goes for every new aspect of the game. New champs, content, anything new or modified. Some of the biggest bugs can’t be identified until a new APK is released into the “wild”.

Kabam is a big enough company now that they probably have a team that solely works on bugs. The teams effectively communicating with one another and the documentation in the code base, on the other hand, is another story…
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★

EgretM4 said:

Emilia90 said:

Anytime you add something to an existing code base you run the risk of “breaking” the app/software. That goes for every new aspect of the game. New champs, content, anything new or modified. Some of the biggest bugs can’t be identified until a new APK is released into the “wild”.

Kabam is a big enough company now that they probably have a team that solely works on bugs. The teams effectively communicating with one another and the documentation in the code base, on the other hand, is another story…
    And also, how the code base was put together, the patterns and practices they adopted at the start and during later developments, all that sort of thing too. Depending on how the application is designed, config and meta data plays a part too. And then you have them infrastructure layer, dependency management, I could go on.

Anyone who says that fixing bugs is easy doesn't understand the challenges of supporting an application as big as MCOC which has (I believe) a large and involved legacy code base. Sometimes a bug is obvious and easy to fix - very often, it isn't.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    They certainly aren't useless but they are nowhere near as valuable as Kabam values them. They add decent value when applied to the right champions but the numbers added/value they add are pretty miniscule.
  • Options
    GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Posts: 168
    Valk and Thor are my fave relics
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    This new Goblin one is one of the better relics. Can go on pretty much any tech and improve them.

The thing I cannot figure out is, why release so many of these that are literally good for one champ? People are not hyped up for relics as it is, so limiting their usefulness doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

Valk and Thor are my fave relics

I like the valk one and I'm not even using it properly one I've got on valk fair enough but the other I have on Shang chi for the furies when hitting block
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★
    BeastDad said:

This new Goblin one is one of the better relics. Can go on pretty much any tech and improve them.

The thing I cannot figure out is, why release so many of these that are literally good for one champ? People are not hyped up for relics as it is, so limiting their usefulness doesn't make much sense.

Excellent point, and one I initially asked myself at first as well. As time has gone by, I've grown to appreciate how this very principle can make some of my lesser used champs more viable. I too would still rather their value to be a bit more accessible (maybe using #TAGS or adding additional utility), but I have become a fan of what they bring to the table.
  • Options
    Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    relics have definetly grown on me ...especially a few like storm linked to bishop and BP linked to Fury...is nothing else they are a way to obtain additional openings in tricky matches...
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★

That screenshot alone tells me that the Green Goblin relic gives you a window of opportunity for the champion to bypass the Languor node; found (amongst other places) on that nasty Scorpion, scuttling around Eternity of Pain.

Doesn't sound useless to me.