**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Solo and Alliance 7* Event Described In One Picture

Comments

• Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    It's really a shame it's not a party unfortunately already the points are abused 2500 for 7* I just have 4 and the parangons 800 is nothing at all. Too bad that's the word.

Thanks anyway to those who have the means and make the game live that I wanted to emphasize to spend
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Yep totally agree, the milestones on these events are ridiculous and so far out of reach for normal players 🫤
    Looks like it may be time to find another game to enjoy as if game keeps going in this direction it will be unplayable for the FTP community before Christmas 😔

Looks like it is time once again to remind (some) free to play players what the deal is around here, and also in every other F2P game.

The game costs money. About one in thirty people actually spend. The spenders have to spend enough money to support twenty nine other players who play for free. To do that they need to spend a lot of money. On average thousands of dollars a year each.

*IF* we make all the stuff that costs money drop really good rewards then they will smoke you into the stone age. Instead, we make most things that cost money return relatively small value, and we make the stuff they chase cost a ton. So that when they spend they don't get as much stuff as they would otherwise.

Players who wish to play cool games for free ironically should want spending value in the game to be poor, they should want the things that spenders chase to be difficult to catch, so that spenders spend a lot and get back as little as possible. Most free to play players probably understand this. However, those that don't, those that get upset and jealous when they see what spenders can get and bemoan the fact that they can't get the same stuff because it is too expensive, really should go find another game. Good luck finding one where free to play players find all the good stuff well within reach and a bunch of brain damaged whales that continue to spend under such circumstances.

You know what makes this game playable for free to play players? The fact that you can actually play it for free, and the fact that it milks the whales for as much as they are willing to spend without giving them a lot in return. That's not going to change between now and Christmas.

Honestly, I don't think most players who complain about this stuff are actually free to play players at heart. I think most of them are low level spenders, or want to be, and they think minnows should be able to catch the cetaceans. They want small spending to catch big spending. It won't, ever.
    I honestly think you have gone way over the top there dude, if you have that amount of money to spend on the game then lucky you, unfortunately not all are able to do that.
    I have no issue with them making things reachable or unreachable, whether with money or with time and effort (which is how, up until now, it has always been). But i find most people that spend do it because they don't want to put the time and effort in or unable to do so due to 1 thing or another, so although you go on about spenders keeping the game alive, if those FTP players didnt put the time and effort into the game, then the game would also cease to exist dont you think. Im fully aware of how games operate and run and what is needed but this move unfortunately has just created a massive divide between both types of players where as, up until now was still enjoyable for all parties.
    So by asking for things like the milestones to be lower for "normal players" you want the divide between spenders and non-spenders to be higher? Because it won't go lower if you give spenders more stuff.

It sounds more like you want to reduce the gap between you, and people who spend more than you. But you don't seem to mind if in doing so the gap between you and people lower than you grows wider as a consequence.

Also, if you were "fully aware" of how these types of games work, I don't think you would be asking "if those FTP players didnt put the time and effort into the game, then the game would also cease to exist dont you think." Tell me, if all the F2P players in the game suddenly reduced their playing time by 5%, or 10%, or 15%, in what specific way would that hurt the game? Engagement matters, but F2P engagement means something completely different from spending engagement. However, I'm willing to be proven wrong, so perhaps you could explain the difference, or lack thereof.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian

The thing I don’t understand is why not make it enticing to moderate spenders? Personally I would have made the first 8/9 milestones accessible with an Odin and half to 2 Odins worth of spending then spaced the final milestones out for the whales. Even better I would’ve put all the really good stuff behind the good old rank reward paywall like they do the gifting event.

To call it a “celebration” though is borderline insulting to a majority of the player base.

The thing is the event is enticing to moderate spenders. Those who spend only on deal offers and buy out the store are what I consider to be a moderate spender. These events include the baubles event, 4th of july, and Cyber weekend.

Those who bought out the store during the bauble event had enough leftover units to max out the objectives or at least get to the t6cc selectors if they didn't spend those units elsewhere. I think that group of people was who kabam was specifically targeting to drain units before 4th of july deals to reincentivize these people to buy more than they probably would have if they still had their 20k+ units leftover.
  • Options
    leviddletonleviddleton Posts: 78
    Lol

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

The thing I don’t understand is why not make it enticing to moderate spenders? Personally I would have made the first 8/9 milestones accessible with an Odin and half to 2 Odins worth of spending then spaced the final milestones out for the whales. Even better I would’ve put all the really good stuff behind the good old rank reward paywall like they do the gifting event.

To me that's a judgment call. A lot of people aren't happy with the specific part of the gifting event that locks stuff behind rank rewards. Milestones are more accessible for linear effort.

Also, however much they are calling this a "celebration" of the 7* release, no one should forget that 7* rarity is the top tier rarity in the game. In terms of roster development it is the highest tier of stuff in the game. Its overall accessibility was always going to be limited and constrained, because that's the whole purpose of introducing a new top tier rarity.

To call it a “celebration” though is borderline insulting to a majority of the player base.

Because this complaint is literally lodged against practically everything, it has no real meaning anymore. The social cost of doing something that someone claims to be "insulting to the playerbase" is at this point for all practical purposes zero. It has been beaten to death, and the playerbase has no one to blame but themselves for this.

This is not an insult to the playerbase. Except in the sense that everything is. So it is just another thing to add to the list, but nothing actionable or noteworthy.

The vast overwhelming majority of players of the game are in no position to get any 7* champs at the moment. For them, whether some of us get some of the milestones or more of the milestones is literally meaningless. It is the end game players arguing on the head of a pin. They aren't insulted by any of this.
  • Options
    C_hardyC_hardy Posts: 19
    edited May 2023
    Pr0t0t7p3 said:

The whole 7* event things that cater 7*s to paragon only is pretty poor setup. In fact horrible. Allowing them to buy points with paragon crystals but not TB with cavalier crystals is really lopsided. There is a large intermixing of paragon and TB. In alliances. In war. In battlegrounds. It’s allowing the top to move higher while unnaturally and incorrectly keeping the upper middle down and limiting 7* resources. Say what you will. I don’t want stuff for free or that isn’t earned. But essentially keeping TB out of the mix for these 7* alliance events where the paragon part of the alliance is getting all the rewards and the TB part gets basically nothing is wrong on so many levels. A lot of alliances are a mix of these 2 higher level achievements. I hope Kabam reconsiders the set up and allows the opening (really the purchase) of cavalier crystals to count and.not
    Just paragon. It is unnaturally driving a huge disparity between the 2 and making it “paragon with 7*s or nothing”. This huge divide may be the death of the game for a large segment. My opinion. Don’t need trolls doing their thing spewing garbage. Thanks.

Agreed. Lower level players have been cut out of everything altogether, and even lower spending paragons are going to be divided from the whales.

The next achievement level after paragon should be called MobyDix… game has turned into a whale hunt.
  • Options
    There are two arguments at play here.

1) Paragons and Thronebreaker divide. Here I agree with the game team. Paragons and TBs didn't have too much dividing them in terms of events and gameplay... Until recently. This will push the folks to become paragon... A good thing.

2) Monetization on the paragon level. This event... I'm not a fan of. It is a gifting 2.0 pretty much with milestones very obscenely priced. I just absolutely hated it and the fact that I have to participate to keep up with prestige/roster. I hate buying crystals and RNG nonsense. But I had to, to get rare catalysts.
    I'm very surprised at the level of monetization recently. Spring Cleaning and now this, back to back.
    I'm hoping the game team follows up with updates to rewards in game modes, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Milk the paragonian Whales actually. TB whales can't do anything.

I'm pretty sure there are no Thronebreaker whales
    They wouldn't be "whales" if they didn't already bought their way up to the highest possible title
  • Options
    Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187

There are two arguments at play here.

1) Paragons and Thronebreaker divide. Here I agree with the game team. Paragons and TBs didn't have too much dividing them in terms of events and gameplay... Until recently. This will push the folks to become paragon... A good thing.

2) wMonetization on the paragon level. This event... I'm not a fan of. It is a gifting 2.0 pretty much with milestones very obscenely priced. I just absolutely hated it and the fact that I have to participate to keep up with prestige/roster. I hate buying crystals and RNG nonsense. But I had to, to get rare catalysts.
    I'm very surprised at the level of monetization recently. Spring Cleaning and now this, back to back.
    I'm hoping the game team follows up with updates to rewards in game modes, fingers crossed.

My opinion. Totally Agree on 2. Disagree on 1. I don’t think what basically amounts to limiting 7* to paragon is the way to divide. Content is the way. Personally I think this method of limiting 7* won’t push TB to paragon rather it will drive players to leave the game. My thoughts.