**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So much for "free week of AQ"

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★

Ezmyr said:

*Sighs deeply in disappointment at @Ezmyr 's lack of banter.. pretending like he has a life and too busy to Forum troll with me* 😔

Your prestige is bad and you should feel bad.
    Git Diablo

Now do that with diablo.

Do better
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

Ezmyr said:

*Sighs deeply in disappointment at @Ezmyr 's lack of banter.. pretending like he has a life and too busy to Forum troll with me* 😔

Your prestige is bad and you should feel bad.
    Git Diablo

Now do that with diablo.

Do better
    Haha.. nice!
    Diablo is for sec 1 and 2 + the KGs
    But Herc is for sec 3 + Scorpion

edited May 2023
    Got the 2 KG solos, but no Scorp solo this time.. close, but had to rev up to finish him
    But a Scorp solo does feel good when it happens
    Also.. my Diablo finally lost his yellow bar on the Tigra lol (she's gnasty)... along with KP.. RIP 😂
    This week was not that smooth.. tbh
    I rarely use a revive and I used 6 this week. Had 2 in overflow from last SA.

Luckily my ally runs pierce on day 1, it was pretty clear something's not right, block damage was adding up pretty quick.
    Day 3 with protection, every fight was taking 4+minutes to clear.
    Have people itemed out and not finish.
    Definitely one of the worse week of AQ.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    Sorry to those Kabam used as guinea pigs. Intentionally or not, Quality Control (via communication notice [Jax is trying] or double checking their work) is not their strong point.

Has anyone confirmed if the other difficulties stayed exactly the same? I think they have personally.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

Sorry to those Kabam used as guinea pigs. Intentionally or not, Quality Control (via communication notice [Jax is trying] or double checking their work) is not their strong point.

Has anyone confirmed if the other difficulties stayed exactly the same? I think they have personally.

I believe it was just map 8.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Best part about it is that this is at least the 2nd time they have done this, which implies that they didn't learn from their mistake the last time it happened

The only difference is that back then it was switching from 5* to 6*, now it's 6* to 7*
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    What I've seen most from TB EQ is the power gain for them makes such a difference. It's 5-hit combo and bait a special. Rince and repeat. Really annoying.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Typhoon said:

@Demonzfyre I'm confused. I've been told so many times that all you do is support whatever Kabam does. Did someone hack your account? Seriously though, I'm glad I'm taking a break from high AQ lol

Demonz asking for compensation in 2023 is a sure sign we are in the mirror dimension.
    I am tempted to take a leaf out of his own book and tell him to step down to a lower map if he can’t handle this.
    Go for it. But the difference is I'm not doing content that is/was above my level. Map 8 wasn't difficult before but these changes make the mode even worse. Today, my R4 Knull was KO'd from 3 hits from Hulkbuster, when I was boosted.

Also these changes are meant to be this high.
    I won’t do that. I don’t do map 8 but I totally understand your point. You are absolutely justified.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★

Ezmyr said:

Tell me about it. R4 Moleman with class advantage 1 hit from nearly full health.

Do better..

oh the alliance mate troll got him! thats awesome dude

Ezmyr said:

Tell me about it. R4 Moleman with class advantage 1 hit from nearly full health.

Do better..

oh the alliance mate troll got him! thats awesome dude

We're officers in the same BG and friends.. we all troll each other daily on Discord. Couldn't pass up the chance when I saw his post 🙃
  • I've been making light of the situation via banter with alliance mates and a talented Herc player named SirGames, but everything mentioned in this thread is true. The stats aren't just stats.. because HP and attack stats also tie into every node, mod and character interaction.. causing different issues in each fight.

That map was tuned for 6 star stats.. it was changed without communication or a reward update. Players lost items/currency as a result. It's pretty simple. Some form of comp is called for.

And yes the AI is next level shady.. which serves to just compound any game performance issues.
    Edit: And the Scorpion boss continues to defy spacetime with his near instant recovery and his missing hit box at times.. but now with 48k attack rating on day 5.

that scorpion AI is the worst... ever. I agree about scorp. he is downright awful.

I've been making light of the situation via banter with alliance mates and a talented Herc player named SirGames, but everything mentioned in this thread is true. The stats aren't just stats.. because HP and attack stats also tie into every node, mod and character interaction.. causing different issues in each fight.

That map was tuned for 6 star stats.. it was changed without communication or a reward update. Players lost items/currency as a result. It's pretty simple. Some form of comp is called for.

And yes the AI is next level shady.. which serves to just compound any game performance issues.
    Edit: And the Scorpion boss continues to defy spacetime with his near instant recovery and his missing hit box at times.. but now with 48k attack rating on day 5.

that scorpion AI is the worst... ever. I agree about scorp. he is downright awful.
    Even though I'm literally expecting it and prepared for it at this point.. he still manages to sp1 intercept me one way or another half the time 😂
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

This week of AQ didn't have any cost to enter. Kabam wanted to give people a chance to try out a new map without the cost associated with it. For some reason, after day 1, the defenders changed to 7* defenders with dramatically increased stats. This has honestly been the most costly AQ I've had in a very long time.

I am not the best out there and do use health pots and revives here and there but nothing like the past 4 days. I itemed out one of the days and used all 15 available items on day 4 but finished my paths.

Here is Ronin on day 1 of what Map 8 was-

This is Ronin on day 5 currently-

These are King Groot mini and Toad Bosses-

The fights have been ridiculous. The A.I isn't normal. I haven't been able to capture the A.I issues yet but intercepting is way off due to the speed of the defenders dash in and they turtle all the time.

On top of the A.I behavior, the increase in Health and Attack makes the fights worse. Fights are longer and blocked hits are worse. I truly feel bad for those who actually used this free week to try Map 8. Definitely wasn't the week to do it and it wasn't the week to make the switch to 7* defenders. I am aware that the health and attack values weren't meant to be but why make the switch on a free week?

I hope there is some sort of compensation. More skilled players than me have used way more items this week. I can imagine top 20 AQ was even worse given the increase from the higher prestige.

While I'm talking about AQ, it needs a desperate change to resources that you can use. I went through so many items because of champions larger healthpools from being R4's.

1. Get rid of the daily purchase limit on health pots and revives. If you aren't going to give percentage based ones or increase their values, we need a way to buy more at a time. 4/revs per week and 2/pots per day is silly.

2. Rev's need to be percentage based. They don't need to be like AW where it's 1 glory or anything but we need 40% rev's in AQ. 4k health is nothing.

3. Health Pots need to be updated. 9.5k ones need to be cheaper and we need to be able to buy single 14k or higher ones with glory.

4. We need 6hr boosts that can work with AQ and AW at the same time. The common boosts can be just for everything else but AQ and AW and we should be able to use them at that the same time since the 6hr ones don't apply to my champs if I am question.

5. I'd like to see boosts like Power Start 1 or invulnerability in AQ as well. If you aren't planning on making it fun, then let us have those advantages that AW has to get the pain of AQ done and over with.

6. I think it's time that the ticket system gets scrapped. We don't need a cost entry for it any more. It really has no beneficial effect.

That's all for now. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

P.S- I am serious about compensation. I don't ask for it a lot but it's really needed. Good luck today for everyone doing day 5 on map 8.

AQ consumables are a total joke. It’s my least favorite game mode for lots of reasons, but I couldn’t agree more about AQ pots should be percentage based.

I also find AQ AI to be the most frustrating and I know it’s a bit of a tinfoil hat statement but I don’t think the 2 is things are completely disconnected
  • I've been making light of the situation via banter with alliance mates and a talented Herc player named SirGames, but everything mentioned in this thread is true. The stats aren't just stats.. because HP and attack stats also tie into every node, mod and character interaction.. causing different issues in each fight.

Even though I'm literally expecting it and prepared for it at this point.. he still manages to sp1 intercept me one way or another half the time 😂
    dont forget his super fast heavy and sp1 in your face when you try to punish it.... lol

I've been making light of the situation via banter with alliance mates and a talented Herc player named SirGames, but everything mentioned in this thread is true. The stats aren't just stats.. because HP and attack stats also tie into every node, mod and character interaction.. causing different issues in each fight.

dont forget his super fast heavy and sp1 in your face when you try to punish it.... lol
    Of course, that's his go-to way of sp1 intercept.. but he got me with a different one last night.. At the moment I selected a dash in input.. he had no special.. the passive power gain from the node managed to give him a bar at the exact moment my dash would have connected and he was able to activate it.. I whiffed and I got Scorp rolled 😂

Hercs face says it all.. "Seriously?"
    edited May 2023
    Will bring this thread back to front, after first page calms down a bit with the 7* posts.
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    I thought something was amiss. I normally don't use a revive against Toad on any day and can usually solo him. My 6r4 Nimrod @ 94% health was KO'd by the 2nd hit of Toad's Sp1 (started fight @ 100%, was down to 94% from block/parry damage), evaded part 1, got tagged by part 2, insta-dead); got Toad down to 43% before I died, though. Went back in w/ 6r4 Herc was only at 3%, got Toad down to 9%, but died just from the Paralytic Poison. Used an L2 team revive to bring them back, finished Toad w/ Nimrod. A lot of alliance-mates used a lot more items than usual this series.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Just wanted to bring this back up.
  • Agreed. Looking for input into this.
  • HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 211 ★★
    Hope there will be a compensation for “free week AQ”😂😂😂
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Can we get any news on this? I think we deserve to know before the next aq cycle so we can plan for using a ton of items or just moving down a map where there isn’t an issue with scaling.
    edited May 2023
    Send me my lvl 2 revive correction care package which gives a GINORMOUS 1650 hp for a 50k hp attacker. Next cycle is almost upon us.
  • L8RdaysL8Rdays Posts: 26
    I really want to keep this thread bumped up. We have a new cycle starting soon and we need to know from Kabam what is going to happen following last round's ridiculousness, as well as what we should expect to see as defenders. Hopefully not the over-tuned garbage we got to enjoy in an already terrible game mode.