**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buff for Forgotten Champions

FullmasterFullmaster Posts: 9
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Kabam started to improve the old characters very passively, and now they have completely abandoned this idea, preferring the characters that appeared in the game a month ago. Which characters would you like to buff first?

I'm still waiting for when they remember about Iron Man, Vision, Iron Fist and other old characters. For example Iron Man. It does not have any mechanics, for example "reactor overload", you can make it a variable ability that gives bonuses to attack and control the enemy's energy. It is possible to change the animation of the 2nd special attack and make it just forward, without jumping, to properly combine with the "reactor overload" mechanic.

Also add the number of charges for this mechanic, in the amount - 100. Add an animation of the explosion of repulsors to medium attacks, which also replenishes the passive skill "reactor overload", also use SP 1 to charge his passive. Depending on the number of "Reactor Overload" charges, the Iron Man could receive a sp 2 attack bonus. With 25 Reactor Overload charges, Iron Man can deal direct shock damage from medium attacks, finishing with a light attack consumes 10 charges and drains the opponent's energy.

You can also add the mechanics of increasing the duration of the sp 2 animation so that the beam from the reactor lasts longer, depending on the accumulated charges of the "reactor overload" . At 50 charges, SP 2 Iron Man increases the duration of his reactor beam and adds the number of hits dealt by the second SP. Also, at 50 charges, his SP 2 could deal direct damage, which increases depending on the number of charges. At 100 charges, Iron Man gains an aura and an overloaded reactor that grants new attack bonuses for a limited amount of time, such as 20 seconds. With an overloaded reactor, Iron Man gains a bonus to Attack per stack, and gains the ability to inflict Passive Shock Debuffs with each Repulsor Touch and his SP.

You can add energy burn when the aura is active for medium and special attacks. For sp 2, add additional direct damage while the aura is active, as well as inflicting shock with each hit. With shock active, Iron Man could also control the opponent's auto-block, as Nebula does.

What do you think about the improvements of old characters? What abilities would you like to add to them?

[edited for formatting]
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Ansh_A said:

Agree with your post.

But please use pararaphs or bullet points next time. A blob of text like this is intimidating to read.

I'm sorry. I don't know English well, so I used google translate
  • Options

I'm amazed Dr Strange hasn't been buffed.
    It's the only version of him and he's pants.

I really expected that they would release at least a version from the film. Supreme Spiderman still seems like a strange decision to me
  • Options
    They are slowly updating a lot of champs. Just got to be patient.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Good idea, but I understand why they do things this way.

First off, they didn't abandon the champion rework programme. But buffing old champs means coming up with a brand new set of abilities and brings a big balancing issue with it. It takes longer to put a rework together. And that's why they prefer to do small balance changes to new champs over reworking old fossils.

And personally, I think it's better to keep the new additions balanced than slowly reworking old champs one by one. If I were to choose between 1 complete reworks or having 2 new champs tweaked, I would choose the two new champs, because that way the amount of balanced champs actually increases, whereas if they chose to do 1 buff over 2 tweaks, the number of unbalanced champs is increased by one.

Anyway, I wonder what old champ is getting buffed next. I don't expect any changes to Ant-man (Future) and Cassie, so they should have their hands free for another buff hopefully.
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

First off, they didn't abandon the champion rework programme. But buffing old champs means coming up with a brand new set of abilities and brings a big balancing issue with it. It takes longer to put a rework together. And that's why they prefer to do small balance changes to new champs over reworking old fossils.

And personally, I think it's better to keep the new additions balanced than slowly reworking old champs one by one. If I were to choose between 1 complete reworks or having 2 new champs tweaked, I would choose the two new champs, because that way the amount of balanced champs actually increases, whereas if they chose to do 1 buff over 2 tweaks, the number of unbalanced champs is increased by one.

Anyway, I wonder what old champ is getting buffed next. I don't expect any changes to Ant-man (Future) and Cassie, so they should have their hands free for another buff hopefully.

I guess I didn't put it right, I didn't mean to say that they completely abandoned the improvement of the old champions. It's just that improvements aren't always good. You're right that character rework can be a lot of work, but those improvements were more noticeable before, for example, Ant-Man was pretty weak. I am ready to wait and I don’t mind that processing can take a long time, but in this case you are worried about the quality of processing, so I want the priority to be directed to old recognizable characters
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

I guess I didn't express myself correctly, I didn't mean to say that they completely abandoned the reworking of old champions. You're right, the reworking of old characters takes a lot of time and effort, I'm ready to wait, but in this case I start to worry about the quality of this reworking, for example, Ant-Man turned out to be very weak, but the improvement of the classic Hulk looks more successful. I also want the priority to be directed primarily to old characters, for me their processing is more important than some new characters
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Buffs don't have to involve coming up with new abilities. Very little about Ant-Man was "new' - buff immunity, poison/Shock immunity, Power Sting, Glancing debuff... All repurposed from other champions or nodes.

I mean, it's fun when they do new stuff like Hawkeye's "Perfect Release" mechanic, or Black Panther's "Panthers Might", but personally, I'd rather that all the old champions became useable within 1-2 years, rather than it taking five.
  • Options
    HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    If have any small tweaks on new champions, like Mantis. Kabam forgets about old champions, there are old champions that only need number adjustments that are simpler and kabam ignores just a small adjustment in a single new champion.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I would love to see Green Goblin reworked. His animations are great. He is so underwhelming. Pulled as my first 2 5* from I itial pool and never took past R1.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Edit 6*
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★

Kerneas said:

I guess I didn't express myself correctly, I didn't mean to say that they completely abandoned the reworking of old champions. You're right, the reworking of old characters takes a lot of time and effort, I'm ready to wait, but in this case I start to worry about the quality of this reworking, for example, Ant-Man turned out to be very weak, but the improvement of the classic Hulk looks more successful. I also want the priority to be directed primarily to old characters, for me their processing is more important than some new characters
    Antman got like 3 or 4 updates to his kit and he is still undesired champ. That time could have been well utilized for older champs like Groot or Moonknight.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Kabam doesn't have the resources to rebalance new champions and buff old ones at the same time. If they had the resources, I'm sure they would do it.

It is very important to kabam that we don't see another herc/kitty come into the contest. By having the rebalancing program in place, the devs can get creative with champion design and try new things knowing they can reel the champion back if they go too far.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Kabam doesn't have the resources to rebalance new champions and buff old ones at the same time. If they had the resources, I'm sure they would do it.

They probably could figure it out and do them at the same time if they truly wanted to. I'd rather have buffed champs where they bumped their low hanging fruit numbers quickly rather than overly slow reworks with new mechanics no one asked for.