Options

Pause, Maybe?

I mean let's be real the games really, really messed up atm so why not take a few months to shut it all down and get it fixed permanently and thoroughly? Some people would probably be pissed but I'm assuming it'll be majorly appreciated. (please tell me if I'm being dumb, idk how managing a game works)

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    SUPREME77 said:

I mean let's be real the games really, really messed up atm so why not take a few months to shut it all down and get it fixed permanently and thoroughly? Some people would probably be pissed but I'm assuming it'll be majorly appreciated. (please tell me if I'm being dumb, idk how managing a game works)

They've gone on record before and it's been pointed out by plenty of other people over the last couple years that they're not just going to shut down to fix the bugs.

They've straight up said that shutting down and redirecting all resources would not be the fix all you think it would be.

Not to mention they are under obligation from not only the higher-ups at Netmarble but also from Marvel Comics to release content to correspond with any new projects that have been announced. So they're never going to take an extended break for the game even if it is to try and fix everything.
  • Options
    what are the issues you are facing?
  • Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144

SUPREME77 said:

They've gone on record before and it's been pointed out by plenty of other people over the last couple years that they're not just going to shut down to fix the bugs.

They've straight up said that shutting down and redirecting all resources would not be the fix all you think it would be.

Not to mention they are under obligation from not only the higher-ups at Netmarble but also from Marvel Comics to release content to correspond with any new projects that have been announced. So they're never going to take an extended break for the game even if it is to try and fix everything.
    Welp thanks for pointing out im really, really dumb 😂
  • Options
    SUPREME77 said:

SUPREME77 said:

Welp thanks for pointing out im really, really dumb 😂
    You're not dumb.

A lot of people don't realize the behind the scenes stuff and they presume that it's as straightforward as "do one thing to fix the whole game" when it's really much more complicated than that. And for the record, I wouldn't be mad if they took time off to fix things but knowing that it doesn't really work like that, I'm not going to put my eggs all in one basket.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,134 ★★★★★
    SUPREME77 said:

If you don't know how development works, don't make suggestions like this. Shutting down the game would do absolutely nothing. Why you ask? Because developers don't work on the live version of the game. It's the reason why we have patches and updates.

Developers work on a what's commonly called the "dev" version. There are other versions as well that could exist that they work in. The Beta client is another one of these.

Developers work on the Dev version where they create all the new updates and implement big fixes. They then load that version for us to download and write over the old version every month.

Shutting the game down for months would literally accomplish nothing.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,749 ★★★★★
    What I say is my opinion only, treat it as such.

Shutting the game down would be catastrophic, because many, many players wouldn't return, the company would have no income and they'd be under even greater pressure.

Also, there are issues in the game, that have been there for months or even years. I think some of these aren't fixed, because they simply can't be fixed. It's not in devs' power to fix them, not because the people would be incompetent, but because the game is so complex, that it's not in human power to find the exactly right spot.

And lastly, most games suffer from bugs,even serious ones from time to time and it's fine. Players are usually tollerant, because the developing company makes sure to communicate transparently and show the players their gratitude for patience (at least verbally, but often with a small gift). This isn't seen in mcoc, but whether it's because we barely ever see a "thanks for patience" message, or we as a community are too entitled, that I don't know.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★
    Few months ... that's a bit extreme 🤣... I have always wondered whether them having like a 1 day shut down like every quarter would help find and eliminate issues within the game but then if I've thought about this then no doubt Kabam have too and deemed it unimportant/unnecessary 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★
    However, I do believe they should remive BGs until its working as intended, even if that takes months to fix. Leaving that going every month knowing full well it costs to play the mode is just despicable
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Few months ... that's a bit extreme 🤣... I have always wondered whether them having like a 1 day shut down like every quarter would help find and eliminate issues within the game but then if I've thought about this then no doubt Kabam have too and deemed it unimportant/unnecessary 🤷‍♂️

Basic google search would tell you why. It's very simple. Devs don't work on the live/prod version of the game.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,580 ★★★★★
    The game used to have maintenance and shut down for hours …. It’s not unheard of for the game to be down or come down .
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,556 ★★★★★
    Let's shut down the highways because they have potholes.
  • Options

Let's shut down the highways because they have potholes.

Actually if you pay attention to how they do Highway Maintenance, they try not to close the highways, they find a way to work with it still active, so if anything Kabam is like a road repair crew: nothing's going to get fully shut down, but you will notice some delays and a couple of sections that are going to be very annoying to navigate through.
  • Options

The game used to have maintenance and shut down for hours …. It’s not unheard of for the game to be down or come down .

I remember those shutdowns, I believe those were for other things that weren't related to the input issues.
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 170
    Mackey said:

However, I do believe they should remive BGs until its working as intended, even if that takes months to fix. Leaving that going every month knowing full well it costs to play the mode is just despicable

But if they did that, how would I get my daily dose of half a dozen “match making is unfair” posts?
  • Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 149 ★★
    I don't know why in other games devs can have a planned maintenance for 4-8 hours, players get compensation after that and everyone is happy. Here, instead of fixing inputs, we get dumb offers daily and emoticons for a broken aspect of game. Oh yeah, and devs saying "we made aware the tech team of issues, we'll come back SOON (>10 years) with more info"

"Did you find a bug that affect OUR ability to earn $$? OMG, we'll fix that in nanoseconds!!!"
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,451 ★★★★
    SUPREME77 said:

Pausing is for "cowards" according to Whitworth and others.
  • Options

That was server maintenance. Not game/bug maintenance.
  • Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 149 ★★

Working as intended
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,580 ★★★★★

That was server maintenance. Not game/bug maintenance.
    As if you don’t remember emergency maintenances to deal with various bugs in the life of this game …..