**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7 star prestige too rushed

startropicsstartropics Posts: 523 ★★★★
7s are already overtaking the top 5 6s at low sig levels.

At sig 40, 11 champs come into the top 5.

At sig 60, the number expands to 32 champions, where an IMIW beats 6* Surfer for second place.

For better context on why this is rushed, this is what top prestige used to look like in mid 2019.

It took a year and half from launch and ~140 sigs for rank 2 6s to start beating out the 5s, and it was really hard to pull champs and sigs back then.

We were promised a slow smooth transition from 6s to 7s but what took 18 months then took 2 weeks now. Why was it done like this? 6s are almost irrelevant for prestige now.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Unless you're a whale or really unlucky (lucky?) with your dupes, odds are you're not going to get a high prestige 7* and we still don't know how ascension is all going to work either.

It's just simple numbers. The amount of sigs needed to surpass a top 6* is relatively very low. Wasn't the case with 5s/6s back then.
    6*s were also slow compared to 5*s where a r2 6* is only slightly above the stat pool of a r5 5*. R1 7*s are almost a r5 6* with the exception of sunspot where r1 7* sunspot surpasses 6* sunspot in stats. R2s have a massive stat boost over 6* r5s and a current theory is that ascension should bring 6*s to about the same level as r2 7*s which could mean having an ascended 6* could yield a lot more prestige than a r2 sig 60 7*.
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 365 ★★★
    The numbers are offset by both the very limited pool and the time it takes to gather enough 7* shards to open a 7* crystal...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Unless you're a whale or really unlucky (lucky?) with your dupes, odds are you're not going to get a high prestige 7* and we still don't know how ascension is all going to work either.

It's just simple numbers. The amount of sigs needed to surpass a top 6* is relatively very low. Wasn't the case with 5s/6s back then.
    Certain champs have excelled at low sig high prestige. Gambit is a prime example of this. Also a R2 7* while close to R5 6* is still better statistically, as was the case with R2 6* and R5 5*. This is completely in line with expectations.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,339 ★★★★
    So what I'm hearing is I R2 my 7* duped wiccan?
  • startropicsstartropics Posts: 523 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Pikolu said:

Certain champs have excelled at low sig high prestige. Gambit is a prime example of this. Also a R2 7* while close to R5 6* is still better statistically, as was the case with R2 6* and R5 5*. This is completely in line with expectations.
    The stats might be within expectations but not prestige and the time it took to get there.

It took these players 18 months to get 6s in their prestige. With spenders today it took 2 weeks...

• Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    The top 2 accounts in the game (by PI) both have R2 7*s as their top champ. And it’s not even close.
    You're trying to judge the view from the top of the mountain when we've just started our 7* journey up it...
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Pikolu said:

The stats might be within expectations but not prestige and the time it took to get there.

It took these players 18 months to get 6s in their prestige. With spenders today it took 2 weeks...

That's because the game now is vastly different from back in all aspects. What did you expect?
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 726 ★★★★
    I hate that Auntmai now defaults to 7* r2 when listing champs by prestige.
    And when you click on a 6* champ, it defaults to 7* max rank stats, which doubt they are even correct
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

That's because back in the day, we couldn't rank a 6*'s past rank one for a long time.

Pikolu said:

That's because back in the day, we couldn't rank a 6*'s past rank one for a long time.
    Which means that our 6 star rosters weren't respected as promised and 7s have come to outperform them in stats and in prestige much faster than anticipated, which was my entire point.

Pikolu said:

Which means that our 6 star rosters weren't respected as promised and 7s have come to outperform them in stats and in prestige much faster than anticipated, which was my entire point.
    So you'd rather 7* and beyond to be slow going and barely any added benefits in stats and prestige? Tell me, what exactly would be the point of higher rarities then?
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

You're aware that ascension is going to be a thing right?

Buttehrs said:

Pikolu said:

So you'd rather 7* and beyond to be slow going and barely any added benefits in stats and prestige? Tell me, what exactly would be the point of higher rarities then?
    A higher rarity paves the road for future expansion, it shouldn't come out of the gates and beat it's predecessor.

Sig 20 6r2s never came close to surpassing the 10.6+ needed to beat 5r5s but the sig 20 7s are doing that...

Kabam promised to "respect 6 star rosters". The 5s-->6s prestige transition took 18 months. We're a few weeks into 7s and they've already accomplished that. You don't think this is too fast?
    Prestige only matters for those at the very top of aq. That is such a small percentage of the entire playerbase it doesn't even really matter. And no, I don't think it's too fast. I'd rather the new higher rarities be better in every way out of the box, because that's the entire point of progress and higher rarities in any medium in any IP.
    I'm guessing that many of the disgrees are from players with progressing accounts who instantly benefited from the attack and health stats of r1/25s without having to use any catalysts.

I get it, and 7*s are nice but I don't get why there was so much outrage with the initial announcement and players wanting to preserve the value of their rosters, only for the devs to sidestep the prestige part of that really quickly and yet everyone's seemingly fine with it. The last prestige transition took 18 months, how is two weeks respecting the value of anything?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    7*s were always going to be superior in some way. That's the whole point of a new Rarity. I have no idea by what you mean in terms of respecting 6*s, but a 6* is no longer the highest. Further to that, the amount of people who have a Duped R2 7* is quite small indeed.

I'm guessing that many of the disgrees are from players with progressing accounts who instantly benefited from the attack and health stats of r1/25s without having to use any catalysts.

I get it, and 7*s are nice but I don't get why there was so much outrage with the initial announcement and players wanting to preserve the value of their rosters, only for the devs to sidestep the prestige part of that really quickly and yet everyone's seemingly fine with it. The last prestige transition took 18 months, how is two weeks respecting the value of anything?

I'd say you're wrong.

I'd say you're wrong.
    You have good prestige but you're not prioritizing the top 5. This hurts them the most.
    Something of note to add: with the introduction of relics, PI is adjusted relative to the bond

I'd say you're wrong.
    You have good prestige but you're not prioritizing the top 5. This hurts them the most.
    Hurts who the most? This is to show you that people that are disagreeing with you aren't progressing rosters.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

Or maybe it's the fact that 95% of the playerbase doesn't care about prestige and you're blowing this issue out of proportion
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    The life cycle of new rarity is shortened for profit. I bet we will see rank 3 7* later this year and rank 4 and even rank 5 7* next year. Then 8*. Its just stupid to milk the game like Kabam is doing now.
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    A 6r1 has about the same (if not slightly higher) PI as a 5r4. 6r2 = 5r5
    A 7r1 has about the same (if not slightly higher) PI than a 6r4. 7r2 = 6r5
    It seems like a pretty even comparison to me. People have also already spent many months working for 7* resources so I believe your timeline is a bit conflated but maybe I'm misunderstanding your argument.