**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does kabam test their fight before they put them out?

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
This mantis fight is the biggest BS! Not only are the node combinations rdiculous. The input interactions are completely broken with the fight when I can get a five hit combo in if I lunch special directly after it’s blocked like I was too slow or something. Then the timing of the nude interactions always seems to perfectly drop when you need to do a certain input. Launch special special walk, launch special freeze. Then trying to find an opening catch one. Somehow she blocked you after her combo. Such a joke of a fight!

Comments

• Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

Other problems. If you launch the sp3 in the middle of a combo, the sp3 is counted as a basic hit and it doesnt do so much damage for the power shield node....

That’s BS is that how it’s supposed to work?? or they just leaving like that to grab more money?
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★
    Skydad23 said:

And what’s with the 200% special attack rating increase? None of my specials, are doing 200% such a blatant money grab fight! And seriously with the protection nodes. Can we try to come up with something a little more original?

I didn't find Mantis fight hard so I can't give my proper resposne to that. When it comes to special you won't see much difference unless you use champs that deals a lot of damage on their specials like Bishop, Both storm etc. It's not a cash grab, we had similar case with specials a while back where people thought you would 1-shot with one special.

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I was able to take out 25% with a 4* Hyperion. You should be doing fine with 6* r3s
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I beat her 15 times and I’m a sloppy, medium-skilled player.

You have to intercept a lot.

It’s a hard fight, for sure.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    I used Herc s1 into s2. Any champ with a hard hitting s2 should be alright as long as you play it appropriately.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I mean… I think there is enough recent evidence where this is a fair question to ask (here’s looking at you prowess power launch, then super nerf), but this Mantis fight isn’t necessarily the hill to die on as it’s a borderline case. It could be bugged, and the sp3 on the power shield most definitely is, but it’s also a doable fight.
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★

Other problems. If you launch the sp3 in the middle of a combo, the sp3 is counted as a basic hit and it doesnt do so much damage for the power shield node....

you still on this?? lol
  • Options
    monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    just use champs that can purify debuffs. I found it a great fight. I used MoleMan but Apoc did well too.
  • Options
    i had no issues using an r3 sunspot/bishop to solo her everytime. Who are you using?
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    Admittedly it's annoying that the sp3 sometimes doesn't interact with the node correctly. They should at least acknowledge this issue and does seem they should have tested this better.

Even so, it is an annoying fight but not overly difficult so not sure where you are getting it is a money grab. First time I did it, I used sp3, saw didn't behave intended and then adapted, it's not hard. At most should only cost a couple of revives which are basically free, so again not a money grab.
  • Options
    vertiGovertiGo Posts: 85
    I have no idea what is going on with his fight, but so far I've been doing roughly 2-6k per special 1/2 with Angela (6* r4) AA (6*r3) Hulk (7* r1), and I've had one sp3 land from the many I've thrown. Is this node glitching to mean special bonus damage is still being negated by 90% or is there just some really awful luck going on from my side. I don't know that I've ever had such low numbers from any of these champs. Never mind allegedly boosted by 200-600% attack
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    vertiGo said:

I have no idea what is going on with his fight, but so far I've been doing roughly 2-6k per special 1/2 with Angela (6* r4) AA (6*r3) Hulk (7* r1), and I've had one sp3 land from the many I've thrown. Is this node glitching to mean special bonus damage is still being negated by 90% or is there just some really awful luck going on from my side. I don't know that I've ever had such low numbers from any of these champs. Never mind allegedly boosted by 200-600% attack

There's a bug with Power Shield 2.0 that registers any sp3 as a basic attack if you use it while or right after using a basic attack. Just stop attacking for a moment before using your sp3 and it'll work
  • Options
    vertiGovertiGo Posts: 85
    Sp3 aren't doing any damage at all regularly, but my other specials are also doing fractional damage is my point. No way an R4 Angela is only doing 3k total damage with an sp2 otherwise
  • Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    edited June 2023
    I can say Mantis is waaaay too annoying but doable. I've done with Bishop r3. The only bug encountered is 0 damage from sp3, but kabam doesn't care, so is my fault, I guess - I haven't use Unitman synergy 😂😁😁