**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Difference between hard and unreasonable

2»

Comments

• Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Im officially rating this game 1 star after fight Ice Phoenix. What was the team thinking when they added her? There is only one champ immune to coldsnap yet you make it so powerful. If you wanted to make something different give us someone with powerful buffs and 300k health, but killing all of my characters off in the 1st 10 seconds is just a money grab. Stop spitting in our face with stupid content that is made for 10% of your customers. Im definitely rating this game 1 star now. 300 units in and still no closer to killing this dumb character you decided to pull out of a hat. Wouldn't recommend this game to anyone honestly.

If you are referring to the Uncollected difficulty Ice Phoenix.... it is intended to be HARD. The new higher difficulty is for end game players, hence the amazing end game level rewards for clearing it.

I wouldn't expect to be able to just blow through an Uncollected difficulty with only 4 star 5/50 champs.

On a side note, here are a few 4 star 5/50 champs that can handle the Uncollected Ice Phoenix:

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

With Uncollected being for end game players though, I recommend just using one of your 5 star 4/55's and don't get hit. I had no problem using 4/55 Star Lord and 4/55 Captain Marvel.

Skill champs makes her attack 12k so thats a no, rogue attack is terrible, and only spenders have Mephisto. I wish they gave everyone 5 star SL though. The truth is that Ice Phoenix is not meant for skilled fighters. Its for anyone who has the health and units to withstand coldsnap. They could of just replaced her with The Collector. Would of been way easier seeing as how you can use more than just 1 or 2 characters to beat him. And the collector doesn't have physical resistance, power gain, bleed and poison immune, etc. . . Dont just make up a dumb character though smh

One of my alliance mates destroyed Uncollected Ice Phoenix with a 5/50 Rogue
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I wonder if you guys realize that my opinion is already stated and yall saying that it wasn't hard for you is irrelevant to me. I dont care how any of you feel honestly. Ice Phoenix is stupid and there's a thread with hundreds of people who feel the same. This message was to Kabam and his team. Already gave them a **** rating and all. But im glad you guys beat Ice Phoenix aka The Collector on Steroids.

I also don't care how any of us feel, honestly. I prefer to focus on facts.

Uncollected Ice Phoenix is tough, sure, but doable for end game players that the Uncollected difficulty is meant for.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    In terms of how many potions I used, I got to say that I found the Collector harder than Ice Phoenix. She isn't hard to actually fight based on combat, she's only a nuisance thanks to that crappy coldsnap damage. I can take her out in 1 fight with my 5* R4 Magik unboosted. All about intercepts and parrys (at certain times).

If you can't do it, boost up. I am quite sure a maxed 4* with a champion or health boost (even if it is lesser) should be able to survive the initial coldsnap.

As what others mentioned, try to bring champs that can either negate or remove the coldsnap. Popular examples include AV, Mephisto, King Groot, Kingpin, Groot, Rogue, etc.If you don't have any of those champs, make sure to save your strongest champs for her (ie don't use your strongest champs for the fights before to save on health).
    King Groot won’t remove the Coldsnap if it’s at the beginning of the fight. It’s placed on him before his furies are.

Very insightful info, I don't have king groot, but someone in a chat on line was saying his kg took full coldsnap damage, so I believe you. Could you possibly provide a screenshot of this info? Trying to help someone out. Thx. @Etaki_Lirakoi
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Anonymous wrote: »
    In terms of how many potions I used, I got to say that I found the Collector harder than Ice Phoenix. She isn't hard to actually fight based on combat, she's only a nuisance thanks to that crappy coldsnap damage. I can take her out in 1 fight with my 5* R4 Magik unboosted. All about intercepts and parrys (at certain times).

If you can't do it, boost up. I am quite sure a maxed 4* with a champion or health boost (even if it is lesser) should be able to survive the initial coldsnap.

As what others mentioned, try to bring champs that can either negate or remove the coldsnap. Popular examples include AV, Mephisto, King Groot, Kingpin, Groot, Rogue, etc.If you don't have any of those champs, make sure to save your strongest champs for her (ie don't use your strongest champs for the fights before to save on health).
    King Groot won’t remove the Coldsnap if it’s at the beginning of the fight. It’s placed on him before his furies are.

Very insightful info, I don't have king groot, but someone in a chat on line was saying his kg took full coldsnap damage, so I believe you. Could you possibly provide a screenshot of this info? Trying to help someone out. Thx. @Etaki_Lirakoi
    Here you go mate.
    83cz116665fc.jpeg
    pzu6s5891w9f.jpeg

Dueling high level Iceman and the Coldsnap will not be shrugged off because it’s at the beginning of the fight.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »

Here you go mate.
    83cz116665fc.jpeg
    pzu6s5891w9f.jpeg

Dueling high level Iceman and the Coldsnap will not be shrugged off because it’s at the beginning of the fight.

Thank you again.
  • Options

My only problem is with Modok who keeps auto-blocking every other hit, it’s beyond annoying & frustrating -_- o_O I really hope the playable character does not have that, he would be so frustrating to fight in arena.[/quote]

Black widow will prevent him from auto blocking, i assume Crossbones will too.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Pardon for not reading the other comments, but...

That's my beef with other content. E.g., modok lab expert mode, from hard which is 5k to expert which is 15K+ PI

Last night, I bumped into a 22K iceman and soon as three champs got wrecked, I quit. Not my battle.

Side comment aside, you got opponents with high PI, aggressive and smart AI, and 6 buffs. I know, I know, get better skills. But cmon, we wanna take a shot at shards needed to strengthen our roster. But to feel doubtful about your skill after such fight was not worthwhile. And to not get a five star sig stone after a stressful fight and using a lot of resources to finish it... was sweet icing on the cake (sarcasm intended).

But if this auto blocking was part of the 8 hour maintenance just to please some players and piss some, I get it.

JUST MAKE THE GAME WORTHWHILE TO PLAY.

(BUT THEN AGAIN, i'M AN MCOC AND CRYSTAL ADDICT, SO DONT TAKE MY WORDS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT)

While the PI is high, the base health is only 30-40k which isn't much at all
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Im officially rating this game 1 star after fight Ice Phoenix. What was the team thinking when they added her? There is only one champ immune to coldsnap yet you make it so powerful. If you wanted to make something different give us someone with powerful buffs and 300k health, but killing all of my characters off in the 1st 10 seconds is just a money grab. Stop spitting in our face with stupid content that is made for 10% of your customers. Im definitely rating this game 1 star now. 300 units in and still no closer to killing this dumb character you decided to pull out of a hat. Wouldn't recommend this game to anyone honestly.

Answer look at lagacy69's video or guides 1st before complain
  • Options
    Fanoin wrote: »
    My team is cb sparky hulk x23 at 5/50 guillotine at 4/40 and yes these are my best options and highest champs.

You say that like that's not a fantastic questing team.
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    OP is pretty obviously just bad at the game 5:50 unboosted smse and starlord both soloed ice phoneix for me, u just suck
  • Options
    FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    I hate unavoidable damage and consider it very cheap, but the uncollected difficulty is the hardest mode in the game and is probably intended for teams of built up 5*.
    My biggest gripe is that certain champs make passing certain challenges so much easier, but (whether you play free or spend) the champs you get are decided by RNG. If luck gives you the right champs early, you’ll grow faster than someone of equal skill who got meh champs.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    LOL have u seen the post lately? the content is suppose to be hard and challenging.

dude was complaining about spending 300 units on a boss? and decide just to rate it a 1*?
    and blaming this game was a money grab? THIS IS A MOBILE GAME, THIS TYPE OF GAME IS MENT TO GENERATE HUGE AMOUNT OF INCOME.

either u work around it or open up your walet, look up all the people who did LOL when it came out, would u ever think that content was beatable back in the day?
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    I hate unavoidable damage and consider it very cheap, but the uncollected difficulty is the hardest mode in the game and is probably intended for teams of built up 5*.
    My biggest gripe is that certain champs make passing certain challenges so much easier, but (whether you play free or spend) the champs you get are decided by RNG. If luck gives you the right champs early, you’ll grow faster than someone of equal skill who got meh champs.

It’s not intended for teams of built up 5s. I’ve used 4/40 4s and even max 3s in the first two chapters. You guys feel entitled to great rewards instead just f putting in work. There are 2 difficult fights in this. Save up 4hr daily’s, farm potions in Heroic/Master or just admit most of y’all aren’t ready for his and spent 2-3 Odins besting the Collector. Let some of us enjoy harder content and grow some **** sack.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LOL have u seen the post lately? the content is suppose to be hard and challenging.

dude was complaining about spending 300 units on a boss? and decide just to rate it a 1*?
    and blaming this game was a money grab? THIS IS A MOBILE GAME, THIS TYPE OF GAME IS MENT TO GENERATE HUGE AMOUNT OF INCOME.

either u work around it or open up your walet, look up all the people who did LOL when it came out, would u ever think that content was beatable back in the day?

To be fair he was complaining about 300 units and being no closer to killing her. You can 100% the uncollected level without spending any units though.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

To be fair he was complaining about 300 units and being no closer to killing her. You can 100% the uncollected level without spending any units though.

ok but she isnt to the point where nobody "cant" beat her.
    so he had to spend units? oh no what shall we ever do?

kabam should give everyone GOD tier champs to destroy all game content right?
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    [quote=

On a side note, here are a few 4 star 5/50 champs that can handle the Uncollected Ice Phoenix:

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

With Uncollected being for end game players though, I recommend just using one of your 5 star 4/55's and don't get hit. I had no problem using 4/55 Star Lord and 4/55 Captain Marvel.

King Groot is good?
  • Options
    ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Uncollected Ice Phoenix really block me out from taskmaster even after i spent sooo... many resourse and unit :D so sad, hope i could get to 5*r4 soon this month to do it again.
  • Options
    Zzz wrote: »
    Uncollected Ice Phoenix really block me out from taskmaster even after i spent sooo... many resourse and unit :D so sad, hope i could get to 5*r4 soon this month to do it again.

I've learned not to try to spend past content unless I'm making enough progress to make it worth it. It is way cheaper to exit out and by energy refreshes to try again. And if you are spending resources at the *beginning* which makes exiting and trying again expensive, well that's your problem there. If you're spending at the beginning, the boss at the end is impassable.
  • Options
    SuperballieSuperballie Posts: 31
    Dude, no point saying get good. Most of us, 90% of players can never be as good as the 10%, no matter how many years we've been playing. Same as no matter how many hours you try, you cannot grow taller. I'm in since the begining and still have no chance of doing LOL. We love Marvel characters though and are only asking for an easier just as rewarding level of play so we can also enjoy the game and not spend our lives being upset or feeling cheated.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    FYI for people thinking Mephisto is a great option he's not. While he doesn't take coldsnap damage his damage output is horrible especially since ice Phoenix is immune to incinerate damage. Mines a r3 5* and I quit about 100 hits in. Can he do it if you have no other options, yeah he can but expect a marathon. I had better options
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Dude, no point saying get good. Most of us, 90% of players can never be as good as the 10%, no matter how many years we've been playing. Same as no matter how many hours you try, you cannot grow taller. I'm in since the begining and still have no chance of doing LOL. We love Marvel characters though and are only asking for an easier just as rewarding level of play so we can also enjoy the game and not spend our lives being upset or feeling cheated.

1. this is not true, but people need to be honest with themselves about why they can't beat something. to quickly dismiss everything a person can't beat as a money grab is doing nobody any favors. you can evaluate stuff like, did i mess up on my evade timing? was it too early or too late? evaluating your own performance is a quick way of getting more skillful, but if you blame kabam for your shortcomings every time you can't beat something, then you'll never get better at this game because you'll always have an excuse other than yourself as to why you couldn't get past a certain champ/node.

2. there are easier levels of play, there's easy, normal, heroic, and master quest if uncollected is too hard, but you won't get the same level of rewards, and rightfully so. it would be asinine to think that everything can be achieved easily and you can get awesome rewards for nothing.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

That's a ridiculous comparison, nothing can be done to increase your height except for drastic surgery while you can easily become more skilled at the game with a few hours of practicing. If you have been playing since the beginning and can't do LOL that is entirely your fault not some natural obstacle holding you back. 4* Starlord has been in arena's multiple times and first path of LOL is quite easy with him if you are skilled which you can become with some practice. You're asking for rewards you didn't earn which is ridiculous, easy content should not be just as rewarding as more difficult content
  • Options
    Hey guys -

This thread is starting to turn argumentive and honestly it looks like it began pretty early. I'm going to be closing it down with the reminder that y'all treat one another with respect and keep it within forum rules. It's okay for everyone to have an opinion and it's okay to disagree with them, but please remember this is a public forum and posting here means you wish to have constructive conversations with your peers.
This discussion has been closed.