**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulkling vs Galan

Who is better and why?

As an attacker with no suicides.

Comments

• Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★

007Bishop said:

Cyborg17 said:

BeastDad said:

It completely depends on the content. Both of their fighting styles are different and the utility is different as well.

I agree. But Hulkling more usefull than Galan. So Hulkling > Galan
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    BGs
    since now it's a form of content
    Hulkling has much higher usability in BGs compared to Galan.Hulkling and Galan are used almost equally in all other contents and even in BGs their usability
    Anyways for me, both are equals and 3rd best Cosmic after Herc and CGR
    Galan was literally made for bg's hulklings the better defender galans the better attacker, hulklings crit rate is a deal breaker for me
  • Options

Anly said:

007Bishop said:

Cyborg17 said:

BeastDad said:

It completely depends on the content. Both of their fighting styles are different and the utility is different as well.

BGs
    Hulkling has much higher usability in BGs compared to Galan.Hulkling and Galan are used almost equally in all other contents and even in BGs their usability
    Galan was literally made for bg's hulklings the better defender galans the better attacker, hulklings crit rate is a deal breaker for me
    Galan's not the better attacker, Hulkling is faster in non armor matchups. Finishes with way higher health always too.
    Hulklings still not faster in non armor up and he dosent finish with more health they both have their own ways of sustainability both very different but very strong.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    As always "it depends".

You can ask the same question about Warlock vs. Namor, Appoc vs. Kitty, or any other champs.

There is a reason why all tier list videos put 5 minute disclaimers in that its opinion / and that it always depends on what you are trying to do... it just "trends" certain ways.
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

007Bishop said:

Cyborg17 said:

BeastDad said:

BGs
    Galan's not the better attacker, Hulkling is faster in non armor matchups. Finishes with way higher health always too.
    Hulklings still not faster in non armor up and he dosent finish with more health they both have their own ways of sustainability both very different but very strong.
    He is way faster in non armor matchups lol
    Hulking isnt faater, and galan he dominates almost every matchup he gets
  • Options
    Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★

I'm starting to sour on galan. I've got him at r3 but his damage seems slow for eq and story quest. I could r4 him, and awaken him, but I'm not sure I want to.

I don't have hulkling but he looks fantastic.

Which rotation are you doing?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    MLM a couple of times, parry heavy then special, typically sp1. Sure he can pop for 55k which is good for bgs, but that's just not enough in story quest.

Of course I used him for an 8.2 peni fight but that's the perfect matchup.
  • Options

Both are amazing champs, I have both at high rank and it’s hard to say who’s better.

Hulking is just a Swiss Army knife. Useful in just about any match up, there’s some match ups he’s a little better in, but overall he’ll always do about the same thing. Which is destroy everyone with an easy and fun playstyle. His pierce makes him a good block attacker, he’s got a ton of different buffs, and he does ramp up slightly faster when triggering his immunities. Also his regen is underrated I ate a magneto sp2 in battlegrounds and it took me down to 25%, with his regen and adrenaline I finished the fight at around 90%. He’s also probably the better defender.

Galan is amazing in normal match ups but when the opponent has armor buffs or try’s to power burn, power drain, power lock, or special lock, he becomes an absolute nuke for that fight. A lot of people are saying he’s slower than hulkling but those people probably don’t know the best rotation. In battlegrounds if you build to sp2 enter harvest mode before throwing it, you’ll inflict 9 incinerates which do great damage along with the harvest. Then build to sp1, enter harvest mode again, and that sp1 will finish the fight. He’s one of the fastest battleground attacks. He’s also a monster one defense but not as annoying as hulking.

Overall both champions are amazing with great utility and amazing damage. I prefer Galan as I find his playstyle enjoyable and when it’s a match up that benefits Galan, it’s insane how quickly he can nuke down the opponent. Also he’s a playable Galactus, that’s pretty cool.

Very nice analysis.

Am I right in guessing that Galan is much better in shorter fights? Most damage comparisons against ROL Winter Soldier he seems slow compared to Hercules, CGR, etc
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★
    Galan has more utilities
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    Hulkling has utility defense and versatility over Galan
    But Galan has faster match ups where he’s super effective
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    I have both and they are solid cosmic champs..I have Galan R4 awakened, and Hulking R3 awakened. I tend to use Galan more because of big numbers he gets once you heavy after reaching 100 planetary mass. Harvest activates at that point in which you become unstoppable, and your opponent takes direct damage after the timer expires even if you don't hit them. Also, you can increase planetary mass as well while unstoppable.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Galan has more utilities

Uhh how? Hulkling has double immunities (poison and shock) and the same immunity to power manipulation that Galan has. The only bit of utility that Galan trumps Hulkling in is nullify stuff.
    Doesn’t Hulking counter nullify anyways by re-applying the buff as a passive or something like that?
  • Options
    Wolf911Wolf911 Posts: 147
    Definitely not biased for having first r4 as hulkling and not having galan

but i would say go for hulkling

sure galan is faster in small healthpool and armour up matchups but in the long run hulkling is better

here are my reasons

immune to poison, shock

immune to power steal, burn, etc

pseudo immune to nullify cuz his indestructable and unblockable become passive if nullified

better defender

consistent damage even in longer fights

pretty reliable regen ( and massive one at that )

has intimidate

and most importantly u don't have to parry at all considering many nodes punishing parry and stun immunity this is a massive W for hulkling
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    edited May 2023

Both are amazing champs, I have both at high rank and it’s hard to say who’s better.

Hulking is just a Swiss Army knife. Useful in just about any match up, there’s some match ups he’s a little better in, but overall he’ll always do about the same thing. Which is destroy everyone with an easy and fun playstyle. His pierce makes him a good block attacker, he’s got a ton of different buffs, and he does ramp up slightly faster when triggering his immunities. Also his regen is underrated I ate a magneto sp2 in battlegrounds and it took me down to 25%, with his regen and adrenaline I finished the fight at around 90%. He’s also probably the better defender.

Galan is amazing in normal match ups but when the opponent has armor buffs or try’s to power burn, power drain, power lock, or special lock, he becomes an absolute nuke for that fight. A lot of people are saying he’s slower than hulkling but those people probably don’t know the best rotation. In battlegrounds if you build to sp2 enter harvest mode before throwing it, you’ll inflict 9 incinerates which do great damage along with the harvest. Then build to sp1, enter harvest mode again, and that sp1 will finish the fight. He’s one of the fastest battleground attacks. He’s also a monster one defense but not as annoying as hulking.

Overall both champions are amazing with great utility and amazing damage. I prefer Galan as I find his playstyle enjoyable and when it’s a match up that benefits Galan, it’s insane how quickly he can nuke down the opponent. Also he’s a playable Galactus, that’s pretty cool.

You probably aren't considering the fact that Hulkling reaches his sp2 quicker than galan and kills most champions in the combo after sp2 which is usually unblockable
    And hulkling gains increased attack for each unique buff on him too
    He is probably the fastest BG attacker after CGR in any normal matchups without any class advantage or disadvantage
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Galan has more utilities

Uhh how? Hulkling has double immunities (poison and shock) and the same immunity to power manipulation that Galan has. The only bit of utility that Galan trumps Hulkling in is nullify stuff.
    Doesn’t Hulking counter nullify anyways by re-applying the buff as a passive or something like that?
    That's only for his unblockable and indestructible buffs(was their a third one?)
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 651 ★★★

Very nice analysis.

Am I right in guessing that Galan is much better in shorter fights? Most damage comparisons against ROL Winter Soldier he seems slow compared to Hercules, CGR, etc
    I wouldn’t say one is necessarily quicker than the other but neither is as fast as CGR. Hulking has consistent high damage through the whole fight, while Galan builds up for huge bursts of damage. So in a fight like ROL at 500k health, one full burst of damage from Galan won’t finish the fight, so if you complete his harvest before ramped enough to finish off the opponent, then you’ll have to ramp up abit again to finish the fight. So certain size healthpools Galan may be slightly slower than hulking. But hulking isn’t a champ that gets stronger the longer the fight goes on, he’s just more consistent.
  • Options

Very nice analysis.

I wouldn’t say one is necessarily quicker than the other but neither is as fast as CGR. Hulking has consistent high damage through the whole fight, while Galan builds up for huge bursts of damage. So in a fight like ROL at 500k health, one full burst of damage from Galan won’t finish the fight, so if you complete his harvest before ramped enough to finish off the opponent, then you’ll have to ramp up abit again to finish the fight. So certain size healthpools Galan may be slightly slower than hulking. But hulking isn’t a champ that gets stronger the longer the fight goes on, he’s just more consistent.
    Yeah that makes it an easy decision for me, I struggle with champions who only rely on their “one big burst” like Quicksilver, Shang Chi, etc.

I much prefer consistent damage so Hulkling sounds like the one for me.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 651 ★★★

Very nice analysis.

Yeah that makes it an easy decision for me, I struggle with champions who only rely on their “one big burst” like Quicksilver, Shang Chi, etc.

Yeah hulking is very easy to use, the only thing you have to manage is timing your unblockable charges so it lines up with your sp2 for the extra fury. But if you have both champs I’d definitely recommend ranking up both eventually.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★

Very nice analysis.

QS and Shang both have better reach in longer fights too though. QS burst can tear through most content with one burst cycle if you time everything right and Shang is super easy to ramp again and again with his damage potential being much higher