**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Valk or Shang Chi? And why.

2»

Comments

• Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Laceros said:

Who is better overall? Valkyrie or Shang Chi? And why

Shang chi is easily the best skill champ.He can do Stuff that kingpin nd nick fury can't do... He is better than valkyrie too. Shang chi is highly underrated because of the hype kingpin nd nick have
    Nick and Kingpin smoke him lol
    Both are way better in BGs, like it isn’t close
    Obviously both are better in war
    Shang has zero defensive potential
    Way longer ramp
    Completely disagree... Yes kp nd nick r great defenders but shang chi has consistent damage... Kinpin only bypass shang chi dmg when opponent inflict a lot debuffs ,also his purify isn't guaranteed without synergies. Nick has insane damagw nd second life,makes him better choice for bg,but for general questing shangg chi rules.. he has a lot of utilities
    His ramp is so long compared to those two lol
    Spoken like a guy who doesn't know how to use Shang chi.

He can kill most champs in t4 wars, BGs with one sp2.

Valk build up is much longer and she needs 11 hits to counter Unstoppable. Sure she has her use, which is quite different from Shang chi, but I've yet to find content where SC fails miserably and Valk triumphs.

If you have to use valk's heavy in the fight for any reason, you lose her buffs and hence her dmg potential.

SC only increases his dmg as fight goes on, no matter what combos are used.
    Shang-chi’s ramp-up IS longer than kingpin and NF..

And Valkyrie doesn’t have a long build up at all. By the time you hit your level 2 you’re good to go.

King pin and NF are different champs.

Not trying to convince you, what lvl wars do you play?

And what's your BG rank?
    Tier 3 war and typically sit in mysterium. Does that qualify my opinion for you..🙄

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Shang Chi is the best skill champ by a bit. It's SC (even unduped) > KP/Valk > Nick F.

Why? There's no way to stop him on attack other than Thorns type damage reflection and Thing's protection? But the top of the Skill class is packed very tightly. You can't go wrong either way.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

I'd say shang chi as he hits really hard and also is the best counter for any champ who evades or becomes unstoppable and also he doesn't have any immunities but he can purify any effects on him by certain hit combo

Strongly disagree that Shang chi is the better unstoppable counter. He’s dependant on placing a slow debuff.

All a sig 200 Valkyrie needs is 10 hits (either on the defender or into the block) and unstoppable is made redundant for the rest of the fight.

I prefer Valkyrie - her play-style lets you get around so many different nodes.
    Valkyrie is obviously the better unstoppable counter at 200 sig,while shang chi does it unawakened.. I can only remember of she hulk boss in 8.1 where she becomes debuff immune when she throw specials,In almost every other place shang chi works fine just like valkyre
    Yeah agreed, not disputing how good shang-chi is (he’s awesome!).

I just disagree with an earlier comment saying shang-chi is the best unstoppable counter.
    Valkyrie is the best unstoppable counter,but shang chi is the most practical unstoppable counter... Just like vision power control is better than doom,but doom power control is more practical. Valkyrie is a great champ on her own,she doesn't need that unstoppable countering ability to perform her fullest.. It's just a nice utility
    How is Shang-chi more practical? Valk needs 10 hits then you don’t even have to think about unstoppable again for the entire fight.

Shang-chi has to constantly manage and re-apply the slow debuff (that’s without worrying about nodes such as tenacity, debuff immunity etc.) That doesn’t sound more practical to me.
    Because Shang Chi counters unstoppable faster than valk in a fight
    Valk cannot counter unstoppable fast on fistcuffs or any node that prevents her from gaining buffs, Shang Chi does his stuff unawakened while valk needs sig 200 to achieve what you are saying
    Both have their limits
    On fisticuffs even Shang chi cannot counter unstoppable because no debuffs. In any case both champs are awesome but Valkyrie’s unstoppable counter is definitely easier to maintain than chi’s because you only need to get 1 buff.
    It's impractical to assume that every player who owns a Valk has her at sig 200 and say that her unstoppable counter is better based on something which is completey reliant on having her Awakened
    I agree with you it was a mistake on my part about fistcuffs but For any player who has Shang Chi and Valk(unawakened or at low sig) Shang is definitely the better unstoppable counter
    But since the OP asked about overall better champion imo it's still Shang Chi
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Laceros said:

Shang chi is easily the best skill champ.He can do Stuff that kingpin nd nick fury can't do... He is better than valkyrie too. Shang chi is highly underrated because of the hype kingpin nd nick have
    Way longer ramp
    Completely disagree... Yes kp nd nick r great defenders but shang chi has consistent damage... Kinpin only bypass shang chi dmg when opponent inflict a lot debuffs ,also his purify isn't guaranteed without synergies. Nick has insane damagw nd second life,makes him better choice for bg,but for general questing shangg chi rules.. he has a lot of utilities

Valk build up is much longer and she needs 11 hits to counter Unstoppable. Sure she has her use, which is quite different from Shang chi, but I've yet to find content where SC fails miserably and Valk triumphs.

If you have to use valk's heavy in the fight for any reason, you lose her buffs and hence her dmg potential.

And Valkyrie doesn’t have a long build up at all. By the time you hit your level 2 you’re good to go.

Lol Shang Chi builds up enough charges to kill or almost kill most defenders in AW and BG by the time he reaches sp2
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★
    Valk counters more at sig 200.
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

I'd say shang chi as he hits really hard and also is the best counter for any champ who evades or becomes unstoppable and also he doesn't have any immunities but he can purify any effects on him by certain hit combo

Strongly disagree that Shang chi is the better unstoppable counter. He’s dependant on placing a slow debuff.

All a sig 200 Valkyrie needs is 10 hits (either on the defender or into the block) and unstoppable is made redundant for the rest of the fight.

Valkyrie is obviously the better unstoppable counter at 200 sig,while shang chi does it unawakened.. I can only remember of she hulk boss in 8.1 where she becomes debuff immune when she throw specials,In almost every other place shang chi works fine just like valkyre

I just disagree with an earlier comment saying shang-chi is the best unstoppable counter.
    Valkyrie is the best unstoppable counter,but shang chi is the most practical unstoppable counter... Just like vision power control is better than doom,but doom power control is more practical. Valkyrie is a great champ on her own,she doesn't need that unstoppable countering ability to perform her fullest.. It's just a nice utility
    How is Shang-chi more practical? Valk needs 10 hits then you don’t even have to think about unstoppable again for the entire fight.

Shang-chi has to constantly manage and re-apply the slow debuff (that’s without worrying about nodes such as tenacity, debuff immunity etc.) That doesn’t sound more practical to me.
    Valk cannot counter unstoppable fast on fistcuffs or any node that prevents her from gaining buffs, Shang Chi does his stuff unawakened while valk needs sig 200 to achieve what you are saying
    Both have their limits
    On fisticuffs even Shang chi cannot counter unstoppable because no debuffs. In any case both champs are awesome but Valkyrie’s unstoppable counter is definitely easier to maintain than chi’s because you only need to get 1 buff.
    It's impractical to assume that every player who owns a Valk has her at sig 200 and say that her unstoppable counter is better based on something which is completey reliant on having her Awakened
    I agree with you it was a mistake on my part about fistcuffs but For any player who has Shang Chi and Valk(unawakened or at low sig) Shang is definitely the better unstoppable counter
    Valkyrie counters more champs and nodes than Shang-chi.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★

Shang Chi is the best skill champ by a bit. It's SC (even unduped) > KP/Valk > Nick F.

Why? There's no way to stop him on attack other than Thorns type damage reflection and Thing's protection? But the top of the Skill class is packed very tightly. You can't go wrong either way.

Shang is slow in BGs, while having zero defensive value. Kingpin is a significantly better defender and faster in BGs, especially in debuff heavy matchups. Nick fury is the best skill dual threat by a mile and definitely better than shang.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Graves_3 said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Both have their limits
    Valkyrie counters more champs and nodes than Shang-chi.
    I hope you know the meaning of "imo"
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    Valk needs high sig to access her full potential, while Shang doesn't need sigs at all. IMO Shang is better as he counters more things and has more utility, but Valk is insane as well.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    They are both great and have a large amount of overlap in what they can do.
    I like Shang Chi better than Valkyrie, and it is just personal preference.

I don't like the 'hitting into block' playstyle, since the enemy AI is too fickle for my tastes. Shang Chi can do his thing regardless of if the enemy AI turtles all the time or behaves normally. (I have a similar feeling about Spot, who is great, but requires a different playstyle and manipulating the enemy AI).

I also don't like the weird "90% chance to purify a non-damaging debuff". I don't like how it excludes damaging debuffs, and how there is a chance it won't process (I still don't know what it means, as it scales with block proficiency. Does that mean when the opponent goes unblockable or Psychoman is on the block mode, that the purify chance goes away entirely?).

They both have minor detractors or things you can point to to say why one is worse (Valkyrie in fights that penalizes buffs, Shang Chi in fights that prevent debuffs), but I think it just comes down to your personal playstyle.
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Both have their limits
    Doesnt Shang Chi not place slow against mutants, valk can still counter unstoppable against mutants
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Laceros said:

Way longer ramp

King pin and NF are different champs.

Not trying to convince you, what lvl wars do you play?

And what's your BG rank?
    Tier 3 war and typically sit in mysterium. Does that qualify my opinion for you..🙄

That tells me that you know what you're talking about, however, SC is still better than Valk imo
    Ah yes, because war tier and BG rank totally is a worthy gauge for someone's opinion being valid or not 🤡
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Both have their limits
    Doesnt Shang Chi not place slow against mutants, valk can still counter unstoppable against mutants
    Valk can't get buffs against some Mystics either. Doesn't mean she's still not good.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @FiiNCH sig 200!?!? that's all?
    Glad to know that's all I need for Valkyrie to perform like a Sig 0 Shang Chi.
    She is definitely better. ; )
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

@FiiNCH sig 200!?!? that's all?
    Glad to know that's all I need for Valkyrie to perform like a Sig 0 Shang Chi.
    She is definitely better. ; )

If you’re comparing champions why wouldn’t you compare them at their full potential..?

And at sig 200, Valkyrie will be a better unstoppable counter than Shang-chi.