**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stop Complaining About Ice Phoenix

Time for a huge realization.

SOME PARTS OF THE GAME AREN'T MEANT FOR EVERYONE TO DO. SOME REWARDS AREN'T MEANT FOR EVERYONE TO GET.

If you are at the point where you have spent a full team revive and still can't get ice Phoenix down after 10 player attempts. Then you probably don't have the roster or skills for uncollected difficulty. Realize it. Stick with master or heroic. It's OK.

How you became uncollected, but have such a huge problem with one 30k Ice Phoenix, is beyond me. But get over it. Get better. And stop, COMPLAINING.

--Thanks

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I agree - what fun is the game if you can just walk through all the content?
  • Actually its the unfair damage people are complaining about. Ive completed her but i found her harder than collector
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Agree with all the above
    I don't see how anybody that's fought the collector can seriously say that a 30k Iceman with no additional buffs is harder than the collector with bane.

Preach.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    If Ice Phoenix kills your attacker from coldsnap before you can fight her. That's probably a sign from Kabam saying you shouldn't be there.

This guy right here is spot on. Well said.
  • I don't see how anybody that's fought the collector can seriously say that a 30k Iceman with no additional buffs is harder than the collector with bane.

It is harder, if you are not good at evading Iceman's (and Ice Phoenix's) special one. Its probably a good idea to practice that before attempting the Uncollected version. Lots of things can survive one cold snap. But if you have to eat another from getting clipped by SP1, your odds diminish rapidly and the fight can end much faster than it will with the Collector. You can wear down the Collector. But if you keep getting clipped by Ice Phoenix's SP1, you'll have an easier time in the Labyrinth than with that fight.

If you can reliably evade SP1 and don't take too many blocked hits, the fight becomes a much more conventional fight once you outlast the initial cold snap and becomes much easier than the Collector's bag of tricks.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    That makes no sense "that is a sign from kabam that you shouldn't be here" yeah ok so people who are uncollected should not be there I thinm what you are trying to say is people who are not willing to spend should not be there right? I managed to finish mine recently but still I just do not agree with a word you are saying except I do think that in a way that people should realise their limit.
  • That makes no sense "that is a sign from kabam that you shouldn't be here" pfft yeah ok so people who are uncollected should not be there I thinm what you are trying to say is people who are not willing to spend should not be there right? I managed to finish mine recently but still I just do not agree with a word you are saying.

Being uncollected is a prerequisite for that difficulty level. Kabam is not saying all uncollected should be able to complete that difficulty.

And you can spend money to progress in the game, or you can spend time to progress in the game, or you can be patient and progress slower and get there eventually. Spend time, spend money, or take a break from that difficulty level and return when you and your roster is stronger. That's how all the content in this game works.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    That makes no sense "that is a sign from kabam that you shouldn't be here" pfft yeah ok so people who are uncollected should not be there I thinm what you are trying to say is people who are not willing to spend should not be there right? I managed to finish mine recently but still I just do not agree with a word you are saying.

Plenty beat her without spending..... whats your point? If youre complaining shes to hard, then uncollected isnt for you. Its simple and theres nothing wrong with it.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Well I said I did it but ok. What I am trying to say is only 2 of the bosses out of the entire thing that are the challenges whereas every other fight from my view could not be classed as a challenge tasky was tricky from first but that was it.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    With my maxed 4*’s- between coldsnap and 5 blocked hits = death.

I get that you don’t want easy content, but isn’t that a bit ridiculous? Even a tiny bit
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't see how anybody that's fought the collector can seriously say that a 30k Iceman with no additional buffs is harder than the collector with bane.

It is harder, if you are not good at evading Iceman's (and Ice Phoenix's) special one. Its probably a good idea to practice that before attempting the Uncollected version. Lots of things can survive one cold snap. But if you have to eat another from getting clipped by SP1, your odds diminish rapidly and the fight can end much faster than it will with the Collector. You can wear down the Collector. But if you keep getting clipped by Ice Phoenix's SP1, you'll have an easier time in the Labyrinth than with that fight.

If you can reliably evade SP1 and don't take too many blocked hits, the fight becomes a much more conventional fight once you outlast the initial cold snap and becomes much easier than the Collector's bag of tricks.

If you look up Dork Lessons on YouTube, he shows the timing to avoid that L1. It’s a good vid for any who are having trouble.
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    Thebgj wrote: »
    With my maxed 4*’s- between coldsnap and 5 blocked hits = death.

I get that you don’t want easy content, but isn’t that a bit ridiculous? Even a tiny bit
    U are not supposed to get hit, EVEN with block hits
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Well I said I did it but ok. What I am trying to say is only 2 of the bosses out of the entire thing that are the challenges whereas every other fight from my view could not be classed as a challenge tasky was tricky from first but that was it.

I didn’t revive for either MODOK or Ice Phoenix, I don’t have a 5*R4.
    It’s not easy, but you can do it if you are good enough
  • TevuhTevuh Posts: 21
    I have trouble staying alive without taking any blocked hits or anything, i have the skills but i dont have the right champs. I dont think I should have to spend for a fight that I am skilled enough to beat.
  • lordmarsh09lordmarsh09 Posts: 63
    All I'm saying is that you shouldn't demand the difficulty get changed if you can't do it. Not that you shouldn't be able to. I understand frustration, but don't say it should be changed for you because in your eyes you ultimately must be the best player with the all known wisdom on what's too hard and what's impossible for everyone else.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited December 2017
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Tevuh wrote: »
    I have trouble staying alive without taking any blocked hits or anything, i have the skills but i dont have the right champs. I dont think I should have to spend for a fight that I am skilled enough to beat.

Save up 4 hr daily’s, halls of healing is coming, Heroic/Master give plenty of health potions and revives. You get a 10% and 20% attack/health boost a week from node removal. Plenty of ways to save up free items for that so you don’t have to spend.
  • machoyaxmachoyax Posts: 28
    Agreed with OP. The skill element in this is:

- keeping 1 or 2 champs at full hp throughout the fight
    - Know how to evade icemans sp1
    - Intercept and not take blocked damage

This fight is all about skill
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Qwerty wrote: »

i don't mean to target you, but this is the problem.

everybody thinks they're super duper skilled at this game and that it's just the kabam being money grubbing, but the truth is they're not as skilled as they believe they are.

if you're bringing at least a 5/50, you can beat ice phoenix if you don't take any block/parry damage. that's the measure of this being a fight that you're skilled enough to beat. if you have to rely on block/parry damage so much so that you're dying, you aren't skilled enough to beat her in one fight.

To be fair, Tevuh said he has the skills but not the right champs. I’ve been in that boat before. The one kind of champ that luck would not give me for the longest time was energy control. Any path or challenge that required energy control was brutal for me. I didn’t have the champ for the job and ate a lot of l3s because of it. Now that I have an energy control champ (Dr Voodoo), it’s much easier to tackle those energy control paths.
  • Qwerty wrote: »

everybody thinks they're super duper skilled at this game and that it's just the kabam being money grubbing, but the truth is they're not as skilled as they believe they are.

if you're bringing at least a 5/50, you can beat ice phoenix if you don't take any block/parry damage. that's the measure of this being a fight that you're skilled enough to beat. if you have to rely on block/parry damage so much so that you're dying, you aren't skilled enough to beat her in one fight.

To be fair, Tevuh said he has the skills but not the right champs. I’ve been in that boat before. The one kind of champ that luck would not give me for the longest time was energy control. Any path or challenge that required energy control was brutal for me. I didn’t have the champ for the job and ate a lot of l3s because of it. Now that I have an energy control champ (Dr Voodoo), it’s much easier to tackle those energy control paths.

The thing is, "the right champ" is often the best possible champ, not the absolutely required champ. Needing the best possible champ is proof your skills could be improved. There are many fights that I can do if I use certain of my champs but not others, and yet other players can complete those fights with champions I cannot. You can argue I have the skills with the right champs, or you can argue I'm not skilled enough to finish those fights with champions perfectly adequate.

Its really that every match up requires a certain skill level to win, and if you think you need a champ to win its possible you only need that champ because you lack the skills to use a less optimal one. I used to think, for example, that Hyperion was unbeatable without power control. Now I regularly beat him without any power control. It comes down to how good your skills are at baiting his specials most of the time.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »

my point is that not having the right champs isn't a valid argument because he's dying from block damage. in other words, he needs to get better at fighting w/o taking damage regardless of what champs he brings.
  • mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    You know what’s more annoying than posts complaining about ice Phoenix? Posts complaining about posts complaining about ice Phoenix... I mean, I seriously don’t get it, are you feeding your ego with those posts, like some form of bragging how you killed her without items? How you’re very skilled player???
    Reality is that most people killed her by having the right champ since the game is designed that way, some have more luck with their champs and some don’t, lesser number of people killed her with actual skill and I can bet that those people are the ones giving good advices here while not sounding like **** and for your info, people that are uncollected but don’t have roster to kill her bcoz they die from coldsnap only are actually more skillful than you since they managed to beat the collector with those same champs but didn’t had unavoidable damage in that fight...
    Stop feeding your ego, you look like idiots... There are few good advices here so follow their example and either give advice or ignore the post...
    edited December 2017
    You know what’s more annoying than posts complaining about ice Phoenix? Posts complaining about posts complaining about ice Phoenix... I mean, I seriously don’t get it, are you feeding your ego with those posts, like some form of bragging how you killed her without items? How you’re very skilled player???
    Reality is that most people killed her by having the right champ since the game is designed that way, some have more luck with their champs and some don’t, lesser number of people killed her with actual skill and I can bet that those people are the ones giving good advices here while not sounding like **** and for your info, people that are uncollected but don’t have roster to kill her bcoz they die from coldsnap only are actually more skillful than you since they managed to beat the collector with those same champs but didn’t had unavoidable damage in that fight...
    Stop feeding your ego, you look like idiots... There are few good advices here so follow their example and either give advice or ignore the post...

You mad? You seem mad? I also heard that only people who are mad shorten "because" to "bcoz"- but that might just be a rumor.
    Raganator is mad because he's having a realization, a big one. He's finally coming to terms with the fact that I was right, he's fighting it, but itll be alright.
    Nevermind I meant Malexander I didn't realize you were replying my bad raganTor
    Raganator is mad because he's having a realization, a big one. He's finally coming to terms with the fact that I was right, he's fighting it, but itll be alright.

Lol...I refer you to the second post of this thread.

Wow you were so different then everyone else on this post way to be super edgy and above everything else.
This discussion has been closed.