**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds match making

CharliejiggensCharliejiggens Posts: 568 ★★★
edited June 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues

How is this a fare match up my base team rating is below 700k and im onoy uncollected keep getting matched witb people like this absoute joke
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    SilentArisSilentAris Posts: 56
    edited May 2023
    You're absolutely right iam also a uncollected player and get matched to paragon players no way i will able to win match
  • Options
    CrownCrown Posts: 28
    The match up is for league not individuals
    Like if you in gold 1 you will fight with gold 1
    If you get in gold 1 you good player but you need more heros to go forward
  • Options
    CrownCrown Posts: 28
    Reas again what i write
    If you dont get it i cannot help

Or just stop playing after you reach high class eaxy
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    DNA3000 said:

If you can't beat their roster, you can't beat them.

If Kabam is comfortable with this messaging, I think it would be very helpful for Kabam to adopt and lead BG discussions with this.

Many players mistakenly believe that BG is not a mode that is meant to provide roster weighted results.
    DNA3000 said:

One of only two things are going to happen next. One: players accept this and move on. Two: players get disgruntled and decide to boycott the game mode and force changes.

My guess is that "roster overmatched" players will quit the mode.

I'm now running into my weaker roster opponents just conceding matches or conceding during or following the first fight. I track my BG fight data, and my last 6 opponents (in a run of 37 matches) who had weaker roster than me conceded before the first fight (4) or after the first fight (2).

Maybe they're just using Victory Shields and quitting vs. bad roster matchups. But at a 1:6 ratio to get "good roster matchups" (IF they even win that one) that would make each win cost 540 Units. Which seems iffy to be a thing. Maybe they're just burning Energy to farm BG events. But at that 1:6 ratio, that would be 90 energy for a potential win. So I'm guessing they're just farming the "complete 3 matches" Event. Dunno. I don't have better data to analyze.
    DNA3000 said:

If that happens, the change that will happen is UC players will get segregated into their own little division of BG, isolated from everyone else and with severely nerfed rewards. Because they aren't going to get the same rewards for wrestling in the kiddie pool.

I don't think they would need to nerf the rewards. They can just set the prices in the BG store by Progression Title.

I also don't think it's just UC players who will quit though. I am Thronebreaker and I think most players would quit at my Progression level for the matchups I'm seeing.

I've played 80 matches. 75% of my matchups (60) were vs. higher level accounts than me. I won 100% of my matches that were vs. my roster level (6 matches) or below my roster (14 matches).

I am personally currently fine with those numbers and my progression and BG play experience. But I am not a normal player. And my experience and interactions with others seems to indicate most players would melt down with those types of results. MCOC just isn't that kind of game, and most MCOC players don't deal well with (1) disgrace and failure, (2) unreliable and poor rewards, and then (3) getting emoji trolled.

The "ducks unlimited" model needs ducks. Otherwise it's hunters unlimited. And that doesn't work very long before hunters eat themselves up.

You need F2P players to feed to spenders. Otherwise you lose the numbers for faster/better matchmaking, and you also just set hunters to eat each other and push each successive low tier of hunter up the ladder to be cannibalized and then quit too.

Any player complaining of roster mismatches is a duck. They feed the hunters. You don't have to change the mode to address their complaint. But you probably need to change the mode to add something else, something hunters don't care about, that motivates the duck to keep playing. Even just upping the rewards for the BG Solo Event if that gets them playing more. Keep the ducks playing, to keep feeding the hunters, to keep the mode running, to keep spending on the mode going. That or start coding for Arena Style AI opponents.

Almost all PvP fighting games rely on critical mass of player numbers to get timely, quality matchmaking. You gotta build the ecosystem to support that.
    DNA3000 said:

They are going to be free of ever matching against higher stronger rosters, and no matter how skilled they are they will continue to be forced to beat up weaker players over and over again and get teeny tiny UC-caliber rewards until they rank up roster and graduate to the higher divisions where it will be "fair" to allow them to fight stronger players for higher rewards.

I personally think it would be better for everyone in the long run if they all fight in the same pool of players. There's at least a chance for players like you to advance much farther than your roster and progress would suggest. But if BG eventually devolves into a segregated competition, the lower progress players will have no one to blame but themselves.

If players are gonna quit the mode anyway, it's actually to their ADVANTAGE to get the rewards at their Progression Title nerfed.

For most players, MCOC is a zero sum game. Value is relative to what other players have and get. For zero sum game players, any mode a player does not use, they would want to be garbage rewards, so that they don't have to worry about their not playing the mode.
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★

Dont make me laugh the game is ment for all players not bang outs like yourself and people that paid stupid ammounts of money they said they would make it easier for ALL SUMMONERS to climb just becasue u paid for all the champs u have i work hard in this game i dont PAY my way through it like u and others my team rating is lower than 700k yet im facing big account with minniunm 4 mill rating people like u me laugh

You're facing 4 million rating people because they're in the same tier platinum 2 with you. Still there are many low rating players in platinum 2, so you've a chance to get matched with them.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★

Dont make me laugh the game is ment for all players not bang outs like yourself and people that paid stupid ammounts of money they said they would make it easier for ALL SUMMONERS to climb just becasue u paid for all the champs u have i work hard in this game i dont PAY my way through it like u and others my team rating is lower than 700k yet im facing big account with minniunm 4 mill rating people like u me laugh

That is your problem. YOU should play against all ratings, not just the ones that favors you. As DNA said it's a competitive mode not solo content. You compete for same rewards as all the others, you are aware of that so don't come here and complain about it, that is how it should be.
    If you don't want to accept the facts, you should take a break and wait for next season.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    im a small paragon and finally not stuck in gold bracket. i like the matchmaking changes :)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

im a small paragon and finally not stuck in gold bracket. i like the matchmaking changes :)

I'm stuck in Gold 2 because the Matches are much higher. I'm TB, mind you. Still, it's just shifted Brackets for me.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I went on a 12-match winning streak last night through Plat and Diamond.

4 matches vs similar accounts as mine
    2 Cavs who wasted our time trying to beat me
    6 forfeits

With how difficult it was to get here, I don't feel bad at all for crushing so many accounts that have no business in the highest tiers of the VT.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★

More prove that battlegrounds matchmaking needs to be fixed constantly getting paragon kr thronebreaker accountw with stupid high base team rating of 2mill mininum im onlt 706k please kabam u cant move uo or get wins when u constantly get matched agaisnt accounts like these surpose to be easier to move up how is this easier

The solution is to just match randomly since Bronze 1…
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    Counter point, this has been the best/most fair battleground season to date, with the medal changes and Improved matchmaking. Just be happy you can make it to platinum, spend the rewards to improve your account and come back stronger next time. If you can't beat the best you shouldn't expect to get to the highest points of Victory track.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,797 ★★★★★

Hiw are u ment to win mwtches like this im been stuck in plat 2 constaly getting matched sith these cracked accounts im not playing bqttlegrounds again tl they sort this out

How are you in Plat 2 when I am struggling to get out of Gold III? :D
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,797 ★★★★★

I'm stuck in Gold 2 because the Matches are much higher. I'm TB, mind you. Still, it's just shifted Brackets for me.
    Well, I can give you a bye and you can move up to Gold I.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,689 Guardian
    xNig said:

More prove that battlegrounds matchmaking needs to be fixed constantly getting paragon kr thronebreaker accountw with stupid high base team rating of 2mill mininum im onlt 706k please kabam u cant move uo or get wins when u constantly get matched agaisnt accounts like these surpose to be easier to move up how is this easier

The solution is to just match randomly since Bronze 1…
    Or to eliminate the VT and just throw everyone into the deep end of the pool in GC (and adjust the rewards commensurately).

It is the VT that is the abberation, not GC. GC is a pure, mathematically proper, competition. Driven by ELO, winners move up and losers move down the end. VT is an attempt to allow for more casual players to participate to some extent without being exposed to the full effects of genuine competition and with the ability to gain significant rewards from participation. But it must balance those properties with its other function, which is to gateway the Gladiator Circuit. Players must eventually sort themselves out into the stronger competitors who will enter GC, and the weaker players who won't.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,689 Guardian
    zaspacer said:

Almost all PvP fighting games rely on critical mass of player numbers to get timely, quality matchmaking. You gotta build the ecosystem to support that.

I made that case in beta. The very first, closed beta, before a single match had been fought outside of Kabam. I'm well aware of the requirements of a turnstile game mode. The VT is the result of that requirement. The VT is grindable. The VT offers (significant) milestone rewards. The VT has ratcheting, where you can lose trophies but you cannot lose rewards. The VT is specifically there to encourage participation, and it rewards participation.

But only up to a point. If the VT starts weighted more heavily towards participation than competition, it must eventually transition to being weighted more towards competition than participation, because it eventually leads to the GC which is purely competitive and offers essentially no rewards for participation. At some point, players must accept that in a competitive mode, they will often lose, and their rewards will come from their competitive strength, not A-for-effort.

If the mode can't survive unless it bribes players for participation all the way up to GC and beyond, then our playerbase doesn't deserve a PvP mode, because it doesn't have a critical mass of players who actually want to compete. If BG is just going to become another arena, we already have an arena. The development resources would be better spent on something the playerbase can handle.
This discussion has been closed.