**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds match making

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

More prove that battlegrounds matchmaking needs to be fixed constantly getting paragon kr thronebreaker accountw with stupid high base team rating of 2mill mininum im onlt 706k please kabam u cant move uo or get wins when u constantly get matched agaisnt accounts like these surpose to be easier to move up how is this easier

The solution is to just match randomly since Bronze 1…
    Or to eliminate the VT and just throw everyone into the deep end of the pool in GC (and adjust the rewards commensurately).

It is the VT that is the abberation, not GC. GC is a pure, mathematically proper, competition. Driven by ELO, winners move up and losers move down the end. VT is an attempt to allow for more casual players to participate to some extent without being exposed to the full effects of genuine competition and with the ability to gain significant rewards from participation. But it must balance those properties with its other function, which is to gateway the Gladiator Circuit. Players must eventually sort themselves out into the stronger competitors who will enter GC, and the weaker players who won't.
    Yeah I agree with that. Just remove VT.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

More prove that battlegrounds matchmaking needs to be fixed constantly getting paragon kr thronebreaker accountw with stupid high base team rating of 2mill mininum im onlt 706k please kabam u cant move uo or get wins when u constantly get matched agaisnt accounts like these surpose to be easier to move up how is this easier

Or to eliminate the VT and just throw everyone into the deep end of the pool in GC (and adjust the rewards commensurately).

It is the VT that is the abberation, not GC. GC is a pure, mathematically proper, competition. Driven by ELO, winners move up and losers move down the end. VT is an attempt to allow for more casual players to participate to some extent without being exposed to the full effects of genuine competition and with the ability to gain significant rewards from participation. But it must balance those properties with its other function, which is to gateway the Gladiator Circuit. Players must eventually sort themselves out into the stronger competitors who will enter GC, and the weaker players who won't.
    I really don't understand why they even added the VT. It was never mentioned and the beta all was GC rules. The VT has been the #1 issue with BGs because starting everyone at zero every season and adding prestige matchmaking has been a disaster.

IMO, BGs would be so much better if they lasted 2 weeks and all the rewards were put into the rank rewards. Eliminate the VT and put everyone in the GC. After each season freeze the scores and put a match requirement on future seasons to qualify for rewards, just like AW. It really isn't that hard.
  • Options
    WarickXxWarriorWarickXxWarrior Posts: 17

Match making in this mode is screwed. I get that as you get higher there are going to be less player’s equivalent to you to match you to, but how as a Bronze 2 am I not able to find another fricken Bronze 2 and end up against higher rated players. They win fair and square, I don’t mind the fights but the match making is not based on league if even the lowest leagues get screwed
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

im a small paragon and finally not stuck in gold bracket. i like the matchmaking changes :)

I'm stuck in Gold 2 because the Matches are much higher. I'm TB, mind you. Still, it's just shifted Brackets for me.
    Well, I can give you a bye and you can move up to Gold I.
    That seemed to have been the hump. I'm in P2 now. Just went up from P3. Appreciate the thought though. :)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    To be honest, this is the first Season I've felt invested enough. I used to play casually between Bronze 1 and Silver 3. The extra progress has been motivating for me, so from my perspective, the changes have been positive this Season. There's always room for work, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I really don't understand why they even added the VT. It was never mentioned and the beta all was GC rules. The VT has been the #1 issue with BGs because starting everyone at zero every season and adding prestige matchmaking has been a disaster.

IMO, BGs would be so much better if they lasted 2 weeks and all the rewards were put into the rank rewards. Eliminate the VT and put everyone in the GC. After each season freeze the scores and put a match requirement on future seasons to qualify for rewards, just like AW. It really isn't that hard.
    The problem is, to be frank, most MCOC players aren't really all that excited about cutthroat competition. This game has not cultivated such players, because it doesn't have many opportunities for them. High tier war is the closest thing besides BG, and it is loved by less than 1% and hated by everyone else.

Alliance war as a game mode can survive when only 10% of the players actually participate. It can survive if even only 1% of the players actually participate on a competitive level. But BG is a turnstile mode. It cannot survive in any form if there is less than a critical mass of players. Something like 250k players participate in BG to some degree, but probably less than a quarter of those participate on a strongly competitive level. Once you drop from hundreds of thousands of players to only tens of thousands of players, you start to run into critical problems, the most critical of which are death spirals. If too few players participate it gets harder to find matches. More players give up trying, and this can end up in a vicious cycle of fewer players playing, making it less attractive for those left. It isn't often that games that suffer this problem recover before crashing into the ground.

The VT is there to offer more casual players an opportunity to participate in a less competitive situation where they can earn rewards for participation as well as competition. The hope is that this increases the number of players willing to play, and also allows players who would become active competitors an on ramp to the game mode. In the same way that the spenders of this game that keep it alive come from the free to play playerbase, the competitive players of Battlegrounds also have to come from somewhere. Lowering the barrier to entry increases the chances that the participation level will remain high enough to be self-sustaining.
  • Options

I keep getting screwed with either high qccounts or connection isssues the last pic i took i djdnt even get to do that fight due to connection issues

You're in Plat 1. Get good.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited June 2023

Kabam u need to sort this out

Hum i never saw a draw ... You are platinum 1 now ... Good for you... I guess ... Welp pointless perseverance sometimes pays (even if most likely were because of internet and input issues)... Which means it is not working as intended
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    Also you are saying this like if you did,nt got anything for reaching plat II/I or that you could get higher than platinium in past seasons this matchmaking is basically getting the UC and (most of)caliver get far but not VT and not everyone >3.000.000 payed or got completly carried by money (a bit yeah but you also need skill that i assume you have a bit since you ARE in plat and have 6 years in the game after all even if you have only 700.000 potency probably thats why you believe that)
  • Options

Been plqying for 6 years never had a problem untill now dont tell me to get good when you yourswkf are proberly modding

lol, how have you been playing for 6 years and have that roster?

I also love that the only argument for someone being better than you is that they're modding. Talk about the trophy generation.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

And my roster i worked hard for and got lucky with some of the champs like doom apoc and stuff i created my account years ago ive spent some money on units and summmoner sginal i only got uncollclected a couple of months ago

UC is the 4th progression level... U can get there with 4*, u should be happy u got to Plat.
  • Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    Skill issue frfr
  • Options
    Sigh.. progression/roster denial...
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Anit no skill issue anit no denil ive worked hard and my account shows it i dot lucky with my roster coppin u saying u cant get uncollected with 4 stars u can and seatin man of legends proved it so did bryan grant two of the best players ive ever watched so u clearly have not gotten a clue my argument is the matchmaking process getting matched with paragon accounts just because u probs payed your way through the game and gotten the best champs out there dont mean that the f2p players should have to do the same just to progress it should be even for every single player thats playes the game not just intented for the whale accounts i have a valid argument and thers nothing u can say that gonna change that plus i got diamond in the end but tha match making process still need to be improved

I said u can't.. I said your account is low you should be happy where u got...
    Uncollected is the 4th level of progression...
    You are in denial if u think you should be higher...
    Btw.. i got long time ago when it came out with 3 and 4*...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian

U clearly dont listen i dont care about ranking or titles my argument is the matchmaking process i couldnt care less if my team rating is low i should not be getting matched with paragon after pargon accounts with a base team rating of 2 mill plus your never gonna win against them when your team rating is lower than 800k u dont stand a chance i knw people who are uncollected and got glad circuit so it is possible but u cant progess whe u get matched with payed or high rating accouts its impossible

Really, you shouldn't get matched against those accounts. You should be getting matched against lower Paragon and Thronebreaker accounts earlier, causing you to lose and never reach them. The reason why you are running into those super strong accounts is because the game protects you against matches higher than yourself until you rise so high (Platinum) that the average player is much, much higher than you.

You are correct that this abrupt change shouldn't happen. Instead, you should have been facing progressively higher and higher accounts as you progressed upward through Silver and Gold. You should have been stopped before you reached Platinum or higher. The game *allows* players like yourself to rise higher than you would ordinarily be able to, so that you can participate for longer and earn more rewards than you would otherwise get.

Complain about it all you want. If you complain long enough, maybe Kabam will fix this. Fixing this would involve relaxing the match limits, ALLOWING you to match against higher opponents sooner than later, so that you get stopped long before reaching those high roster accounts. That's what fixing this "problem" is. You're being handed matches you can win, so you aren't stopped from progressing upwards sooner. That's a gift handed to lower progress players. It is a gift I myself advocated for to some degree long before a single player played a match outside of Kabam. But it is also advocacy I have come to partially regret. I didn't consider the predictable entitlement that gift would engender.

I now think the correct thing to do is to implement a "fairness" flag. Anyone who complains they are getting matched against accounts that are too strong will automatically get this flag. Any account that is flagged with the fairness flag will no longer be protected from higher matches in BG. They will instead see what they should be seeing, if fairness was the only requirement. They would see increasingly stronger match ups as they progressed higher in VT. Silver matches would be stronger, Gold would be even stronger. They would no longer see this dramatic jump in difficulty in Platinum, because they would never *see* Platinum unless they were so strong they were able to climb over Cavs, TBs, and lower Paragons to get there. Everyone else who takes their BG rewards without complaint would continue to get the curated easy match ups until Platinum.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

just because u probs payed your way through the game

I love how you always say this yet if players have played consistently for 6 years they will have at least a 2,5mil account f2p. I'm close to 3mil myself without paying my way through content. If you have played for 6
    years but you played on and off (and those off periods are multiple periods of 3/6
    months to 1 year) then you're haven't playing for 6 years but rather 2 years or something. I don't think you should count the off periods.

Regarding everyhting else - see DNA's response above.
This discussion has been closed.