**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are we going to be allowed to play MCOC on the Apple Vision Pro?

ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
This will be a game changer in almost everything, especially gaming for us gamers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9qSaGXFyg

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    If all you want is to play the game on a virtual big screen, why hope for a port when you could play on something like a Rokid Max today?
  • Kabam Jax said:

This device will flop. I say that as a 30-year-long Apple user with so many Apple devices it is embarrassing.

I don't disagree. Google Glasses tried... I just don't think general consumers are interested in this future Apple has dreamt up (or the associated pricetag).

As for "will you be allowed to play" - I don't know, at this point in time, but I ask: Is this how you'd want to play MCOC?
    It also looks too big and more like an oculus. I know we gotta start somewhere, but google glasses was on the right path. I think when these do become legit and mainstream, it will be just like regular or prescription glasses. Lots of studies will have to be done though and such. All this to say, I hope it flops
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,395 ★★★★★
    This product will be an enormous fail, such a wasted opportunity to release something that consumers actually want.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

This device will flop. I say that as a 30-year-long Apple user with so many Apple devices it is embarrassing.

I don't disagree. Google Glasses tried... I just don't think general consumers are interested in this future Apple has dreamt up (or the associated pricetag).

As for "will you be allowed to play" - I don't know, at this point in time, but I ask: Is this how you'd want to play MCOC?
    Maybe? Don’t know. It’d be worth trying. Using hand gestures or voice control instead of tapping a screen; I can see benefits. Basically it comes down to type of “input” really for the controls. And then it would come down to preference if you tested it enough. It is a game on mobile devices and an ocular device fits that mold as well.

As an aside, it’s likely years away, like a decade at least, but I can definitely see this as some kind of future of gaming. It’s up to companies to decide if they want to alter their existing games for that kind of playing, but equally games will be developed with this in mind.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

In first person, duh. Lemme shoot those CGR lightning beams and teleport through dimensions like Chavez while beating up Ultron.

• JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,203 ★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Maybe? Don’t know. It’d be worth trying. Using hand gestures or voice control instead of tapping a screen; I can see benefits. Basically it comes down to type of “input” really for the controls. And then it would come down to preference if you tested it enough. It is a game on mobile devices and an ocular device fits that mold as well.

As an aside, it’s likely years away, like a decade at least, but I can definitely see this as some kind of future of gaming. It’s up to companies to decide if they want to alter their existing games for that kind of playing, but equally games will be developed with this in mind.
    I dont think they could handle issues in that device, we already have endless very impactul bugs already in Phones, you wanna try to keep everything working properly on such an advanced device? I dont see it working
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

I dont think they could handle issues in that device, we already have endless very impactul bugs already in Phones, you wanna try to keep everything working properly on such an advanced device? I dont see it working
    I’m not saying it would. Merely that it would be fun to try. Saying “dex” or swiping in motion could be just as fun as swiping on a phone.

Anyway. I do agree I don’t think mcoc could do it yet. And it is a significant time away from becoming commonplace. But I stand by that it’s coming eventually.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    I be happy with kabam just blurring the background a little bit to give it a slight 3D effect. I love 3D!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Kabam Jax said:

It is easy to slam the thing, and I'm certainly not going to be lining up to buy one at $3500 USD, but on the other hand I don't think it is smart to completely dismiss the thing. The thing is actually pretty clever. Most of the industry has gone the direction of lighter and cheaper. Apple being Apple went in almost the opposite direction, going more full featured and priced to match.

As the industry is discovering, making a $400 headset that actually works is an extremely difficult engineering task. No one wants to pay $400 for a novelty headset they don't really need. But the Apple thing is not a headset, it is a complete computer. It is, in effect, a VR wearable Macbook. $3500 is ridiculous for a headset. But it isn't totally ridiculous for an actual high performance Apple computer that *happens* to be a headset.

It is impossible to predict how people will react to that. I recall when the iPad launched. It was ridiculed even more then than the Apple VR headset is being ridiculed now. And that's because people learned their lesson. The iPod was ridiculed, the iPad was ridiculed, and even the iPhone was originally ridiculed. The problem with betting against Apple is that you are not betting against the product, you are betting against Apple's ability to convince people they want to buy something. The pool of Apple VR customers is going to be small of course, but they will come from the pool of people willing to spend $1200 on a phone, $1500 on a tablet, $600 on a watch. Most of them aren't going to be willing to spend $3500 on a VR headset, but Apple doesn't need most of them. It just needs like five percent of them to be curious enough to try it out for it to become the trend setter of the market.

As for playing MCOC on it, I think that's highly unlikely because my understanding is that at least initially apps need to be written for or ported to it. I doubt Kabam has the resources to prioritize such a port.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

It’s clearly not aimed at the average person that owns an iPhone paid through a contract or an Apple Watch. I’m pretty sure they will sell, to the right target market. Then in a year or two we’ll have lite models and the first gen will be cheaper. It’s a tried and tested model.
    Bottom line is, I would not bet on Apple missing a step. They’ve been playing this game too long.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,589 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

But the Apple thing is not a headset, it is a complete computer. It is, in effect, a VR wearable Macbook. $3500 is ridiculous for a headset. But it isn't totally ridiculous for an actual high performance Apple computer that *happens* to be a headset.

Is it ??

Or is it just basically a “modified” UI interface to your actual Phone/Tablet (like a very fancy 2nd screen) ?

If it is a separate full computer, that means storage, pics, videos, notes, and anything else (settings, etc) that are in your main device would have to be Sync’d to the Cloud, to be able to share them between everything.

Which, yes, I understand a lot of ppl do. But others who only use a single device, they may not use Apple Cloud for storing everything.

*OR* (I guess) maybe shareable locally via like Bluetooth or other wireless connectivity, without having to grab them from the Sync’d internet ??
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

But the Apple thing is not a headset, it is a complete computer. It is, in effect, a VR wearable Macbook. $3500 is ridiculous for a headset. But it isn't totally ridiculous for an actual high performance Apple computer that *happens* to be a headset.

Is it ??

Or is it just basically a “modified” UI interface to your actual Phone/Tablet (like a very fancy 2nd screen) ?

If it is a separate full computer, that means storage, pics, videos, notes, and anything else (settings, etc) that are in your main device would have to be Sync’d to the Cloud, to be able to share them between everything.

Which, yes, I understand a lot of ppl do. But others who only use a single device, they may not use Apple Cloud for storing everything.

*OR* (I guess) maybe shareable locally via like Bluetooth or other wireless connectivity, without having to grab them from the Sync’d internet ??
    One of the key highlighted features of the product is that it will not need a phone or tablet to function. It is a completely stand alone device, although it of course integrates with the rest of the Apple ecosystem if you have those other devices. Sync is through iCloiud for the most part, and it runs its own apps directly on the headset (although how apps sync is as much a function of how they were designed, not a specific Apple headset limitation). It will also have its own app store, presumably like Apple TV does.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

This product will be an enormous fail, such a wasted opportunity to release something that consumers actually want.

The question is what do consumers really want?
    What can we all collectively agree upon and say “We want this!”
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 763 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I agree this would be a weird way to play... but what about google's new support to play their apps on PC?

https://play.google.com/googleplaygames

I could certainly see doing many activites from PC, although I can't say i see doing something "critical" like war from it.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,752 ★★★★★
    I just had to share this here. Just to remind you how insanely expensive it is.
  • pikapika Posts: 74
    Recent popular Android games started to make PC versions of their game for a better experience, I like to see one day mcoc on PC port too, rather blame the keyboard or Joystick than input issues on phones.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    AR augmented reality really is the future. It is mind boggling the things that we will do with it, and what it will be capable of doing. whether this Apple device is the true start we will see, but I do not think many people realize the vast applications and different things this will be able to be used for.