This month's side quest (June 2023) is just unbelievably not worth it.

ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
This month's side quest has been disappointing compared to previous ones in Marvel Contest of Champions. The rewards, especially the relic-focused ones, have been underwhelming. The grinding required has become more repetitive, lacking creativity and excitement. Even the 6-star awakening gem is probably the only one worth putting effort into -- when you look at what needs to be done to get it -- seems like not worth the effort to grind for it anymore.

It's important for us to address this issue, Kabam. We wonder what discussions have been taking place during your game planning sessions. It feels like someone may have overlooked certain aspects. This side quest doesn't meet the expectations of both new and seasoned players. In the previous month's side quest, players at the Uncollected and below levels could obtain over 8000 6-star shards if they performed well beating the Threat Levels way above their level. However, this month's rewards offer no more than 2500 shards. Additionally, players are required to engage in tedious duels or search for specific champions within story quests just to get started.

It's disheartening to express the level of frustration experienced when repeatedly defeating a particular Spider-Verse champion in order to acquire a mere 10,000 spider-bots, which can be traded for unappealing and underwhelming rewards. Offering only 1400 7-star shards is quite disappointing. If we were to grade each aspect of the side quest, it would fall short in every category.

Given the circumstances, it may be better to redirect our focus to the arena or the Battlegrounds, despite its known bugs. Alternatively, we can immerse ourselves in the story this month and explore 8.2.

We sincerely hope that this side quest marks the end of such disappointing experiences.

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,509 ★★★★

I’m only able to purchase 8 Bundle 14 and 4 Bundle 15 which has the r4 materials so a can become Paragon, but I don’t even have one r4, and the amount offered is not enough to rank up 3 champs. So the effort to do this months SQ is not worth it, I won’t be able to come close to Paragon

I hope this is sarcasm. Why in the world would a side quest give enough materials on a single month to take 3 champions to rank 4? That is bafflingly unrealistic. If you want paragon, clear story content.
    I’m saying, for the effort, is not that worth
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    It's worth it for me, got 6* herc from the shards I bought from the spider exchange store... then my solo event happened to be done in a couple of spiderverse fights got the awakening gem from the objectives (didn't have to wait a month) to use it on herc.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    Whatever, I am almost done with it. Store is good as we can choose whatever we want.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    edited June 2023

I’m only able to purchase 8 Bundle 14 and 4 Bundle 15 which has the r4 materials so a can become Paragon, but I don’t even have one r4, and the amount offered is not enough to rank up 3 champs. So the effort to do this months SQ is not worth it, I won’t be able to come close to Paragon

100% TB SQ gets you 1/3 to 1/2 way to a 6r4*. The bundles get you even further. There's enough content with enough rewards for a tb to get their 3 6r4s within 2 months or less without $$.

If you're looking for instant paragon, you'll have to wait a month and save up those ducats...
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I dunno anything about rewards. But I actually like the SQ. I’ve done 4 or 5 runs, and have been surprised a couple times by the champ/node combo. It’s not completely free of challenge. I’ve had to plan a bit, review matchups etc. I mean, that’s all I want? It’s not my job, I’m not comparing union contracts to see if my rewards match up? I just want the content to be fun.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

It's worth it for me, got 6* herc from the shards I bought from the spider exchange store... then my solo event happened to be done in a couple of spiderverse fights got the awakening gem from the objectives (didn't have to wait a month) to use it on herc.

This is so fair.

Game developer needs to consider having start time rotated around the world so that some others can benefit a little.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,219 ★★★★★

One has to wonder how others achieved paragon when side quest didn’t used to have any r4 materials at all hmmmm
    Let me see, buying???
    Act 7.1-8.2, Battlegrounds, 100% eq, Carinas Challenges, ,I'm probably missing something else too
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 938 ★★★

Are you nuts? Why would you get three r4s from the side quest? In 2026, maybe, but not today.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    for cavalier, rewards are ok but could have been better.. 6* shards and some tier5 basic catalyst fragments.. but no tier6 basic fragments or tier5 class catalyst fragments.. hopefully next month's side quest is better.
  • ManbatnManbatn Member Posts: 71
    I agree I did everything there was to do last night and it was very underwhelming for paragon
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    edited June 2023

Valroz said:

This month's side quest has been disappointing compared to previous ones in Marvel Contest of Champions. The rewards, especially the relic-focused ones, have been underwhelming. The grinding required has become more repetitive, lacking creativity and excitement. Even the 6-star awakening gem is probably the only one worth putting effort into -- when you look at what needs to be done to get it -- seems like not worth the effort to grind for it anymore.

It's important for us to address this issue, Kabam. We wonder what discussions have been taking place during your game planning sessions. It feels like someone may have overlooked certain aspects. This side quest doesn't meet the expectations of both new and seasoned players. In the previous month's side quest, players at the Uncollected and below levels could obtain over 8000 6-star shards if they performed well beating the Threat Levels way above their level. However, this month's rewards offer no more than 2500 shards. Additionally, players are required to engage in tedious duels or search for specific champions within story quests just to get started.

It's disheartening to express the level of frustration experienced when repeatedly defeating a particular Spider-Verse champion in order to acquire a mere 10,000 spider-bots, which can be traded for unappealing and underwhelming rewards. Offering only 1400 7-star shards is quite disappointing. If we were to grade each aspect of the side quest, it would fall short in every category.

Given the circumstances, it may be better to redirect our focus to the arena or the Battlegrounds, despite its known bugs. Alternatively, we can immerse ourselves in the story this month and explore 8.2.

We sincerely hope that this side quest marks the end of such disappointing experiences.

kabam Jax banned my account don't mind me y'all i just came here to get this profile banned he's a simple coward and the truth with god will always prevail!!
    Captain_rogers / Anly
  • FuriousfireFuriousfire Member Posts: 10
    Yeah as TB player I think it's not worth it playing this month's SQ.
    Good thing is I can happily take a break and invest that time to do something productive in real life 😁
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    I found this side quest very repetitive and restrictive.
    Especially That node which made it mandatory to use a bleed DOT based attacker who can counter evade.

Since we have 7stars defenders that reduces reliablity of crit based attacker it prolongs the fight. And top it off with Doom boss on an unstoppable on knockdown node, really not fun without a proper counter .

All in all it is catered to paragons who are not restricted with the roster. And the SQ still fails to make any significant contribution to their rosters.
    So Apart from instant access, SQ is a let down due to its restrictiveness.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,765 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

I found this side quest very repetitive and restrictive.
    Especially That node which made it mandatory to use a bleed DOT based attacker who can counter evade.

Since we have 7stars defenders that reduces reliablity of crit based attacker it prolongs the fight. And top it off with Doom boss on an unstoppable on knockdown node, really not fun without a proper counter .

All in all it is catered to paragons who are not restricted with the roster. And the SQ still fails to make any significant contribution to their rosters.
    So Apart from instant access, SQ is a let down due to its restrictiveness.

They put another node on the bleed node that let you counter evade regardless of the champ…and yes, TL5 is catered toward Paragon players. That was their intention.
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Member Posts: 153
    Valroz said:

Offering only 1400 7-star shards is quite disappointing.

You have to think 7* are still basically new. They are not going to be handing out a lot like 6* shards. That is going to take some time.

• AnmaelAnmael Member Posts: 73
    Perhaps dumb question, are we able to run the same side quest multiple times to get the same set of rewards again? The mail about this was not completely clear and we have recently had quests where if you ran the same quest on repeat you would only get the rewards the first time through. I don't want to waste my S.E.I.Z devices...
    Thanks to anyone who can confirm:)
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,765 ★★★★★
    Anmael said:

Perhaps dumb question, are we able to run the same side quest multiple times to get the same set of rewards again? The mail about this was not completely clear and we have recently had quests where if you ran the same quest on repeat you would only get the rewards the first time through. I don't want to waste my S.E.I.Z devices...
    Thanks to anyone who can confirm:)

Yes. You should only run the most difficult one you can handle and you can use all of your entries on the same one.
  • AnmaelAnmael Member Posts: 73
    Much appreciated for the clarity:)