**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Matchmaking insanity

Dear Kabam,
A known problem for a while is the matchmaking system in battlegrounds and it still seems to be a problem. This problem is in this game-mode since the beginning. First it was sandbagging and now we just get deathmatches.
I will show you some accounts that you let me fight up against and tell me if its a fair match please.

P.S. Lets not even talk about the alliance bug that has been in the game for over 4years now.
Please do something about the matchmaking system to make it fair for all players and not only the people with big accounts.

Comments

• Options
    TriasEUTriasEU Posts: 110
    Has the problem maybe something to do with relics?
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Sometimes some matches aren't fair but there is no way around it, you need to hope you win them
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    In conclusion it's an issue only you can fix for yourself by developing your account more
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    I understand some people when they complain about the matchmaking in bgs some cases are ridiculous, like for me today, I'm currently in bronze 3 and relatively ok roster with 0 Rank 4 champs and I'm matching with players who are thronebreaker with multiple r4s I even matched with multiple paragons and quit as soon as I saw their multiple Rank 4 roster I mean that's ridiculous. I should be matching with cavalier players with similar rosters to mine, if they beat me then fair play but being matched up with paragons way above my level is ridiculous.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I agree with mitigating Matches up to a certain point, but in D1, it's random within that Bracket. That's fair, as it will be the same in the GC.
    If it's any consolation, I feel you. I'm stuck in D2. Just haven't had the string of luck yet. I'm TB.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★

I agree with mitigating Matches up to a certain point, but in D1, it's random within that Bracket. That's fair, as it will be the same in the GC.
    If it's any consolation, I feel you. I'm stuck in D2. Just haven't had the string of luck yet. I'm TB.

Still one tier below. Time is running out. 🤔
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Another one of these posts
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

I understand some people when they complain about the matchmaking in bgs some cases are ridiculous, like for me today, I'm currently in bronze 3 and relatively ok roster with 0 Rank 4 champs and I'm matching with players who are thronebreaker with multiple r4s I even matched with multiple paragons and quit as soon as I saw their multiple Rank 4 roster I mean that's ridiculous. I should be matching with cavalier players with similar rosters to mine, if they beat me then fair play but being matched up with paragons way above my level is ridiculous.

The problema is that at this point there are none
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    Your are playing a competitive mode.

Imo if you’re cav just get to p3-d1 whatever you like. And then work on story. Titles are what gets you better rewards. Bgs for now should be fun and a good source of rewards but not your focus.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

So u r a Cav with multiple r3s that should face Cavs... Hmmm yeah no
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Coppin said:

I should be facing cavs with "similar rosters" (as I clearly said), didn't say I should be stomping on all cav players who I face, i also stated that if a cav players has multiple r3 like me then fair game may the best man win, but being put against paragons with many r4s is ridiculous and it seems you missed my point mate.
    If you look properly, I clearly stated that going up against paragons at my level is stupid and is completely unfair if I'm in bronze 3 and got a decent r3 roster why am I facing paragons with more than 3 r4's doesn't make any sense.
  • Options

Coppin said:

I should be facing cavs with "similar rosters" (as I clearly said), didn't say I should be stomping on all cav players who I face, i also stated that if a cav players has multiple r3 like me then fair game may the best man win, but being put against paragons with many r4s is ridiculous and it seems you missed my point mate.
    If you look properly, I clearly stated that going up against paragons at my level is stupid and is completely unfair if I'm in bronze 3 and got a decent r3 roster why am I facing paragons with more than 3 r4's doesn't make any sense.
    No, that's not how matchmaking works. You match people in your tier.
  • Options

Coppin said:

That's silly though, based off what your saying then, for example why should a UC account be stomped on every match by paragons and cavs? I'd say that'd be unfair.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Replace Mutants with UCs.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

That's silly though, based off what your saying then, for example why should a UC account be stomped on every match by paragons and cavs? I'd say that'd be unfair.
    Its supposed to be a competition, competitions are not fair
  • Options

Coppin said:

Why should you face lesser competition and get the same rewards for those who face harder competition? If you're in diamond 1 and you match with a TB or Paragon in Diamond 1, it's a fair match because you've both made it there.

In traditional playoff structure, the weakest team always plays the best team unless there's a bye. For example in a 8 team playoff, 8 plays 1. Those teams are competing for the same rewards like you are competing for the same rewards. If you're an 8, you aren't guaranteed or required to match another 8. You want to move up, you face harder opponents.

To this day, I can't understand why people still don't understand this.
  • Options

Coppin said:

To this day, I can't understand why people still don't understand this.
    Because Game Developer makes them thinks otherwise through that undisclosed match-making algorithm.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Coppin said:

If that's who is in front of them, it would be unfair to specifically go looking for weaker players to give them a "fair" match.

VT is a competition ladder. To move up, you should be able to beat the players in your ladder rung. At the bottom, there's a whole mix of players, some with strong roster and some with weak roster. On average, you should be able to beat move of them than you would lose to, to prove you are better than the average player in that rung. When you move up, you should be able to beat the players in that rung, and so on.

Because each BG season resets everyone's VT ladder rung, initially the lower rungs are full of both strong and weak rosters. This means there's no way to face "the average player" in that rung, you just have to face a random match out of that rung. In the very lowest rungs, the game biases your matches towards players closer to your roster strength. But eventually, it requires you to face *all* the players in your ruing, because that's the fair thing to do. If some players only face so-called "equal" matches then they get to advance to higher rungs even though they aren't facing the actual strength of the players at that rung.

That would be like having an alliance of UC players getting to tier 1 in alliance war getting masters rewards because they only had to face other UC alliances, and did not have to face the actual strength of tier 3 alliances and then tier 2 alliances and then tier 1 alliances, and then just racked up 8x multiplier points without facing any of the top alliances at all, because it would be "unfair."
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Tbh, there's a chance you might not even make Diamond 1 without the matchmaking advantage.
  • Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    bro, get good
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    It's so unfair that you have to face players in your same tier who are playing for the same rewards. I hope Kabam fixes it so you get a win every match you get next season.