**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

In-game Global Chat Censor [renamed for clarity]

Anas_wick99Anas_wick99 Posts: 75
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Why i can't say what i want in game chat,the game send my message like ##### but I didn't say anything violent or sexual
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    I think It censored América Chávez in my chat (i Talk spanish)
  • Options
    Anas_wick99Anas_wick99 Posts: 75
    They sensor "Strongest members"😂
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 633 ★★★
    it is kind of silly because it censors my in-game name, which is the same as my name here
  • Options
    It’s not really a free speech problem as it is a problem trying to balance being able to chat in game vs the need to censor certain words or patterns to keep it appropriate
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 171
    global is trash for many reasons.
  • Options
    La_FlameLa_Flame Posts: 26
    love me abit of global
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    The issue isn’t free speech, it’s that I can’t type the following without it nuking the whole sentence.

“Do you know player123? He was previously in your alliance”.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    You don't know what "free speech" means.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    While it's not a "free speech" issue, their censoring algorithm (or whatever you want to call it) goes overboard sometimes. I've had actual champion names get censored at times, which is hilarious. When someone was cheating in my alliance and I had to kick them, I couldn't put out a "We don't accept cheating!" message in the alliance chat because the word "cheating" got censored. I've been unable to warn my mates that exploiting a bug or something might get them banned, because something in there got the whole message censored.

It's annoying. But it's still not a free speech issue. I never went to prison over it.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,768 ★★★★★
    Todd, is that you?

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    Kabam has an AI that gathers data to determine what words and phrases are bad and which aren't. It isn't the greatest at actually getting the bad words, but I have fun with the not bad words that it censors. In my global, you can't say "galan is" for whatever reason. Makes it very hard if you're talking about galan.