Options

Lifecycle, Groot and Roster Wipeout :⁠-⁠\

Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
Hey, i was trying to do the story content post cav, and i came across this node called lifecycle. I was doing just well, until Groot the magnificent wiped my entire roster (i think me relying on parry was a problem).
Is there an easy counter that can put an end to the lifecycle node for good? It becomes difficult to act within the limited max 3 second window when the ai holds block and your heavy gets intercepted...

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★
    Yeah, lifecycle takes a while to get used to. Not great.

Another option is to use DOT. Sometimes that little extra will knock them out if you can't get your last combo in.

Otherwise, use lots of specials (for knockdowns) or Doom with his heavies.
  • Options
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w istg you wouldn't believe me if i told you that SP3 takes several clicks to works in these dire situations (atleast so I have observed since the past month). These clicks alone can cost me a huge health blow out, and can kill the timeframe of lifecycle.
  • Options
    @ReignkingTW i guess for the DOT, i would need to use really specific champs that cause huge bleeds/shocks/incinerate or degens....and for that i have to r3 an entirely different lot from my roster.

I guess, I'll just take the long way.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    @Shake_a_Quake Wanna post a pic of your roster so we can see what you're working with?

It is a pretty terrible node to get used to and when it's on Groot specifically, it can be even more tricky since he shrugs debuffs much quicker (makes DoTs less reliable).
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,767 ★★★★★

Yeah, lifecycle takes a while to get used to. Not great.

Another option is to use DOT. Sometimes that little extra will knock them out if you can't get your last combo in.

Otherwise, use lots of specials (for knockdowns) or Doom with his heavies.

The DoT has to be passive to bypass Lifecycle because Lifecycle blocks DoT damage.

In theory, Longshot might work
  • Options

@mgj0630 that's my roster for reference
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    If you’ve got even a low star level White Mags, throw him on your team and use his prefight on a hero or metal champ. It’s a passive stun for the same duration as your parry would be. That’ll give you openings to knock him down to disable lifecycle
  • Options
    Have you tried your America Chavez yet? She can build up power pretty fast to throw back to back specials, and be unblockable, so you could get him inside the life cycle window.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Chavez would run through groot..she is great for life cycle in general and she can get easy knockdowns with her heavy
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★

@Eb0ny-O-M4w istg you wouldn't believe me if i told you that SP3 takes several clicks to works in these dire situations (atleast so I have observed since the past month). These clicks alone can cost me a huge health blow out, and can kill the timeframe of lifecycle.

1) store an sp3 for the end
    2) knock down as often as possible. If you're having trouble with stun window just spam specials to build up to 3 seconds. That's 6 specials if you just can't sneak a heavy in.
    3) for goodness sakes use a striker. That's good for long enough of a stun to heavy and sp3 at the end.
    4) Make sure the lifecycle icon deactivates before hitting sp3.

You're going to want to figure it out if you have any designs on thronebreaker since this fun guy awaits you:

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,580 ★★★★★
    I didn’t see him in the pics of ur roster but Void is great vs lifecycle
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @DUHveed i never knew that would come in handy, I'll take that 4 star white mags asap, but I'll prolly lose out on one high ranking and potent champ, to place white mags....

@SidDDragon are hood and bwcv of no use at all tho? Bcoz then i have to r2-r3 my Chavez and that will take a lot of resources ...plus her playstyle is difficult for me to get adjusted to. But I'll definitely bring her up if that's the way.

@klobberintyme the spirit bar of a striker's take quite some time to fill....and i use them mid fight to gain an advantage, i guess I'll save that for the end instead. Thanks a lot for all of that!

@World Eater unfortunately i have void only as a 3 star.....and i can't cheese these champs with 3 stars, like Lagacy, Swedeah or Seatin :⁠-⁠\
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    Name good counters for symbiote supreme please
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    5th said:

Generally speaking....

Torch will melt him.

Besides him, some other good options would be any of the buff immune champs like S2099, Titania, or even Red Guardian.

Overseer would also be good.

But more specifically, it depends on the nodes, cause by himself, Sym Supreme is a pretty easy defender to fight. If your asking in relation to a specific piece of content where you're facing him, post a pic of the nodes he has, and you'll get a better answer.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,351 ★★★★★
    Take Groot down to really low health such that your heavy hits won't knock him out and let him regenerate back, then after knocking, use sp3 when timer is on cooldown
    And don't use any champ who is heavily dependent on DoT damage
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★
    5th said:

Anyone? Avoid having buffs, bleed immunes help.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,412 ★★★★★
    @Shake_a_Quake
    A few characters who can easily inflict Passive DoT effects, which can be helpful on Lifecycle:
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Silver Centurion
    • Kate Bishop
    • Archangel
    • Goldpool (with synergy)
    • Ebony Maw
    • Torch (with prefight)
    • Nimrod
    • Sauron
    • Shuri
    • Storm (Pyramid X)
    • Stryfe