Battlegrounds: What in the actual…

Y3LLOWTRA5H_Y3LLOWTRA5H_ Member Posts: 23
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Just got to platinum ii in BG and I’m facing monster after monster roster. Literally lost 12 matches IN A ROW. I haven’t won a single round. I’m a cavalier with 9088 champ prestige and I’m going up against rosters that look like they belong to seatin man of legends or the like. Serious what in the eff is going on with matchmaking?
Case in point, this is what I’m seeing on average:

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Y3LLOWTRA5H_Y3LLOWTRA5H_ Member Posts: 23
    Apparently I’ve done quite a bit with the roster I currently have to get to platinum ii. I’m not using daddy’s credit card to whale out on this game. It’s taken me since 2017 (off and on, mostly off) to 3 months ago to get my first 6 star and I’m proud to say I’ve barely spent a dinner’s worth of $ on this game. But for fairness and logic’s sake, what is the point of facing a defender who is rated at 19k (who then multiples by 3x) when the best champ I have to attack is 13k.
    I’m scratching my head. There’s gotta be a better way to match fighters up
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w
    I somewhat agree with your point here. What are players with these rosters doing in my bracket? But as I mentioned above, when facing a defender with a 19k base rating and I have 4 champions rated above 8400, there’s really only so much that can be done, even against an average player with a death squad of a roster. I’ve picked up a total of 4 round wins since I posted this, but still not a single victory.
    Also wondering: if I use an elder mark, I seem to be drawing even heavier competition. Is that normal? I’m also drawing plenty of platinum 1’s but never a platinum 3.
    @coppin it’s been an Sisyphus type uphill battle since day 1 but I’ve just been trying to hit my rewards and picking up some victories along the way and occasionally running the odd streak enough to level up
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,932 ★★★★★

@Eb0ny-O-M4w
    I somewhat agree with your point here. What are players with these rosters doing in my bracket?

Like I was saying previously, they are there because they are not rushing it, playing it via the objectives.

Is a pretty good spot to escalate especially on the final week. I was able to win 4 matches in like 2 minutes or so, because all opponents quit at the champion ban screen.
    I never quit. Lol.
    When did I say I deserve the same or better rewards than whale accounts? Are you having auditory hallucinations? The crux of my argument is matchup disparity
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 427 ★★★

Apparently I’ve done quite a bit with the roster I currently have to get to platinum ii. I’m not using daddy’s credit card to whale out on this game. It’s taken me since 2017 (off and on, mostly off) to 3 months ago to get my first 6 star and I’m proud to say I’ve barely spent a dinner’s worth of $ on this game. But for fairness and logic’s sake, what is the point of facing a defender who is rated at 19k (who then multiples by 3x) when the best champ I have to attack is 13k.
    I’m scratching my head. There’s gotta be a better way to match fighters up

I'm "scratching my head" on why you think you deserve the same or better rewards than those "monster accounts" without having to face them
    He doesn't get the same or better rewards. For being in the same tier, the rewards he has access to in the store is lesser. Unless you believe that account is camping at Cav to get easy fights (and hoard tokens, while giving up other rewards in rest of the game) and that they can get to Paragon in a week whenever they choose to.
    edited June 2023
    Thank you. And you’re absolutely correct, bg store nerfs trade in values the lower your milestone.
    Does the matchup algorithm prevent cavaliers from facing thronebreakers or paragon? I feel like im hardly ever facing cavaliers since I got to platinum 3
    He clearly said “in store”. What’s with the attitude around here lol
  • Vegas_babyVegas_baby Member Posts: 15

Thank you. And you’re absolutely correct, bg store nerfs trade in values the lower your milestone.
    Does the matchup algorithm prevent cavaliers from facing thronebreakers or paragon? I feel like im hardly ever facing paragons since I got to platinum 3

I was interested in this issue and expressed my opinion. But the whole forum quickly hated me. Want rewards, be a whale or don't cry, friendly community :)
    It’s a tough crowd for sure lol. I guess I’d have my panties in a twist too if I spent all my allowance on mcoc and Mountain Dew code red and all I got to show for it was nerd neck and early onset carpal tunnel
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 427 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    Coppin said:

Its the same rewards.. the gates can be unlocked..
    Like every post u make about this issue..
    You want to remove the store gates? Then remove the matchmaking algorithm...
    You want to be matched with equal rosters.. deal with the store gates...
    You act as if the store restrictions are negative instead of being something to incentive

It's the other way round. If the matchmaking restrictions are to be removed, then remove store gates with it.

Otherwise, accept that a compromise has been made (by balancing rewards and matchmaking) so that a broader player base has a good playing experience.

Stop telling people they don't deserve their nerfed rewards, for playing fairly under current conditions (which they had no say in).
    What makes you think you speak for the community? Lol.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Its the same rewards.. the gates can be unlocked..
    Like every post u make about this issue..
    You want to remove the store gates? Then remove the matchmaking algorithm...
    You want to be matched with equal rosters.. deal with the store gates...
    You act as if the store restrictions are negative instead of being something to incentive

It's the other way round. If the matchmaking restrictions are to be removed, then remove store gates with it.

Otherwise, accept that a compromise has been made (by balancing rewards and matchmaking) so that a broader player base has a good playing experience.

Stop telling people they don't deserve their nerfed rewards, for playing fairly under current conditions (which they had no say in).
    You just wrote exactly what i did..
    Remove store gates remove the matchmaking
    Keep the match making . Keep the gates....
  • Vegas_babyVegas_baby Member Posts: 15
    Newbies are not welcome here. Players consider the competition absolutely fair when their account rating exceeds the opponent's rating by 3 million. Many people are happy with these matches.
    I believe stature and I are asking: IS THERE EVEN AN ALGORITHM GOVERNING THE MATCHMAKING, CURRENTLY”
    because if there isn’t, then having paragon access to store rewards would be mighty nice

I believe stature and I are asking: IS THERE EVEN AN ALGORITHM GOVERNING THE MATCHMAKING, CURRENTLY”
    because if there isn’t, then having paragon access to store rewards would be mighty nice

There is.. its how u got to Plat...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,482 ★★★★★
    I do wish there was more respect for what people are communicating instead of the onslaught on every matter pertaining to BG Matchmaking. People are allowed to express themselves without being called entitled. Regardless of whether we agree it's an issue or not, we don't need to insult Players.
    For the record, when the subject comes up that many times, there may be another side to it. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the way things are. I would just like to point out that you can't dismiss the feedback that many times without some kind of logical validity to it.

I do wish there was more respect for what people are communicating instead of the onslaught on every matter pertaining to BG Matchmaking. People are allowed to express themselves without being called entitled. Regardless of whether we agree it's an issue or not, we don't need to insult Players.
    For the record, when the subject comes up that many times, there may be another side to it. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the way things are. I would just like to point out that you can't dismiss the feedback that many times without some kind of logical validity to it.

They gave him respecful answers.. then decided didn't like the answers and talked about he made his account better and so on ..
    Not the community's fault he is in denial and refuses to understand its a competition and 9k prestiege won't cut it ..
    Lol there you go speaking for the community again lmao. Just save yourself the characters typed and use the Victorian “we” already
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,482 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

They gave him respecful answers.. then decided didn't like the answers and talked about he made his account better and so on ..
    Not the community's fault he is in denial and refuses to understand its a competition and 9k prestiege won't cut it ..
    I'm not likely going to take suggestions from someone who tells me there's no problem, and I need to get better.
    It's about approach. Newer Players are clearly struggling with the drop-off. They have a right to have a hard time with it. We don't need to belittle them.
This discussion has been closed.