**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds: What in the actual…

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,386 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

I do wish there was more respect for what people are communicating instead of the onslaught on every matter pertaining to BG Matchmaking. People are allowed to express themselves without being called entitled. Regardless of whether we agree it's an issue or not, we don't need to insult Players.
    For the record, when the subject comes up that many times, there may be another side to it. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the way things are. I would just like to point out that you can't dismiss the feedback that many times without some kind of logical validity to it.

They gave him respecful answers.. then decided didn't like the answers and talked about he made his account better and so on ..
    Not the community's fault he is in denial and refuses to understand its a competition and 9k prestiege won't cut it ..
    I'm not likely going to take suggestions from someone who tells me there's no problem, and I need to get better.
    It's about approach. Newer Players are clearly struggling with the drop-off. They have a right to have a hard time with it. We don't need to belittle them.
  • Options
    Vegas_babyVegas_baby Posts: 15
    Truth is not born in this dispute. Whales celebrate greatness. Newbies suffer from PvP. The judge in the face of Kabam ignores what is happening.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 520 ★★★
    We love pancakes!
  • Options
    Y3LLOWTRA5H_Y3LLOWTRA5H_ Posts: 23
    Apparently I’m getting some warnings for offensive speech so I’m going to go concentrate on making some “disposable income” so maybe I can whale out in the future with “not my daddy’s card” lol. Peace in the Middle East ✌️ maybe some of y’all should put the shoe on the other foot and try taking vacations and hanging out with attractive women (or men, if that’s your thing) for a change. I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 426 ★★★
    edited June 2023

I believe stature and I are asking: IS THERE EVEN AN ALGORITHM GOVERNING THE MATCHMAKING, CURRENTLY”
    because if there isn’t, then having paragon access to store rewards would be mighty nice

Sorry. That's not what I'm asking.

There is a matchmaking algorithm. This works at lower levels and protects accounts like yours from matching up against top end accounts even if they are in the same tier.

Since that protection is there, the rewards you have access to are also lower.

You are not going to have access to Paragon store rewards while avoiding those accounts.

There is a school of thought where you wouldn't have access to those rewards even if you were facing all those accounts. That's a different discussion.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I do wish there was more respect for what people are communicating instead of the onslaught on every matter pertaining to BG Matchmaking. People are allowed to express themselves without being called entitled. Regardless of whether we agree it's an issue or not, we don't need to insult Players.
    For the record, when the subject comes up that many times, there may be another side to it. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the way things are. I would just like to point out that you can't dismiss the feedback that many times without some kind of logical validity to it.

They gave him respecful answers.. then decided didn't like the answers and talked about he made his account better and so on ..
    Not the community's fault he is in denial and refuses to understand its a competition and 9k prestiege won't cut it ..
    I'm not likely going to take suggestions from someone who tells me there's no problem, and I need to get better.
    It's about approach. Newer Players are clearly struggling with the drop-off. They have a right to have a hard time with it. We don't need to belittle them.
    2017 is not new
    All I'm saying is that some of the judgments can be a bit harsh and ward off people from the Forum at times. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, and I think it's important not to be too confrontational when someone is frustrated. That can lead to defensiveness rather than communication.
    You can't paint every Player who brings up the issue of Matchmaking with the same paint brush.
  • Options
    Vegas_babyVegas_baby Posts: 15
    Where are my awards for the military season, damn it! I need them now to improve my deck, instead of waiting a week. I have to get closer to the whales and give an equal fight! :D
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Sorry I use my disposable income on vacations and hanging out with attractive women lol.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

2017 is not new
    All I'm saying is that some of the judgments can be a bit harsh and ward off people from the Forum at times. I've been guilty of this myself in the past, and I think it's important not to be too confrontational when someone is frustrated. That can lead to defensiveness rather than communication.
    You can't paint every Player who brings up the issue of Matchmaking with the same paint brush.
    I know about being harsh.. been warned many times; but there are times when people ask, get an answer and start using non sense excuses...
    I have seen players get the same answers and say "oh yeah makes sense... I will get my account better".. I have given harsh responses as well as polite ones depending on the tone (probably quite childish on my side as well)..
    I just don't understand how some players refuse to accept where they are in the game... 1 6*... In Plat asking why he can't climb...
    I guess I'll just stay away from this type of posts
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,050 ★★★★
    I’m beating guys with 5k prestige over me in the gc. It’s very tough but it’s possible, and if anything it’s practice to see what the higher level guys are using. All you can do is try to progress your roster since platinum is the cut off zone for similar account matchmaking.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Sorry I use my disposable income on vacations and hanging out with attractive women lol.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

2017 is not new
    I know about being harsh.. been warned many times; but there are times when people ask, get an answer and start using non sense excuses...
    I have seen players get the same answers and say "oh yeah makes sense... I will get my account better".. I have given harsh responses as well as polite ones depending on the tone (probably quite childish on my side as well)..
    I just don't understand how some players refuse to accept where they are in the game... 1 6*... In Plat asking why he can't climb...
    Well I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away from any discussion. I just think that sometimes it's good to explain the system rather than direct it at someone personally is all. It's less chance of friction. Take it as you will.
  • Options
    This peach of a human started off by saying I’ve only reached platinum ii by virtue of easy matchmaking that somehow benefitted me and that this will be my peak, whereby I inferred he meant I won’t go any further, then calling me entitled and so on... Have you ever met anyone who responds well to this sort of vibe you put out?
    I also didn’t say I had on 6*. I said I pulled my first 6* 3 months ago. For such a critic you sure don’t read very critically @Coppin. Is berating new members in the forum where you find the most joy in the Mcoc experience?
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

2017 is not new
    Well I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away from any discussion. I just think that sometimes it's good to explain the system rather than direct it at someone personally is all. It's less chance of friction. Take it as you will.
    The system was explained, the answer wasnt to the liking of the OP... That's when I directed .. (i know childish) but its the only way some people seem to understand
  • Options

This peach of a human started off by saying I’ve only reached platinum ii by virtue of easy matchmaking that somehow benefitted me and that this will be my peak, whereby I inferred he meant I won’t go any further, then calling me entitled and so on... Have you ever met anyone who responds well to this sort of vibe you put out?
    I also didn’t say I had on 6*. I said I pulled my first 6* 3 months ago. For such a critic you sure don’t read very critically @Coppin. Is berating new members in the forum where you find the most joy in the Mcoc experience?

Well my mistake on the 6*... The other part about getting to Plat its true.. its the way matchmaking works...and they explained it to u before i even answered
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Just gonna leave this right here:

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Just gonna leave this right here:

I'm confused. Is the person who was complaining that his account was too weak to face the stronger accounts now trying to brag on his account?
  • Options
    I’m demonstrating the level of competition I’m facing regularly at platinum ii, that’s obviously not my roster. Do you have a different version of Mcoc where you ban your own champs in bg?
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I’m demonstrating the level of competition I’m facing regularly at platinum ii, that’s obviously not my roster. Do you have a different version of Mcoc where you ban your own champs in bg?

Sorry can't read minds, no clue what your trying to prove and honestly wasn't worth trying to figure it out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Sorry can't read minds, no clue what your trying to prove and honestly wasn't worth trying to figure it out
    You misinterpreted their point and then just insulted them for no reason. I don't think they're the one not worth talking to at this point.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153

You misinterpreted their point and then just insulted them for no reason. I don't think they're the one not worth talking to at this point.
    Don't be shocked, he always does this. Honestly annoying. If he has done BGs himself, he would have known what @Y3LLOWTRA5H was showing. Unless he does not do BGs.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 502 ★★★
    Congrats on making it as far as you have so far. Now you get paired up with everyone for the same rewards. Up to this point you have had easier matches. Hopefully at some point you get a few in row that are easier. Everyone hits their ceiling at some point. Also occurs in GC.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,294 ★★★★★
    @Y3LLOWTRA5H_ don't use the f2p p2w excuse, I'm 100% f2p and have one of those accounts you're facing. Just played the game for longer than you probably.

This game is progression based. In the past lower accounts like yours had an easy time reaching GC. Which was unfair for bigger accounts. I know where you're coming from, fair matchups etc. This game is not like a MOBA for example, where you face opponents in the same skill bracket with access to all the same champs. Rosters matter in this game. So in a competitive game mode you have to face competition. Either be it skilled or roster based.
    Kabam kept the old "unfair" algorithm from bronze to platinum so people can still have a sense of progress. After platinum you're competing with everyone.
    I think the main thing people have to accept is that this game and this game mode specifically is competitive in 2 ways: roster and skill. Which usually differs from other games where you have access to the same roster and only skill matters
  • Options
    @Suros_moon i should be grateful? Lol. I posed a question wondering what’s up with the massive hike in competition between platinum i : platinum ii; I didn’t insult your religion or call your mothers names, relax sheesh.
    By your sage logic, shouldn’t I be running into at least ONE player with a similar roster as mine who has downhill skiied his/her way to platinum ii as well? 🙄
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 467 ★★★

@Suros_moon i should be grateful? Lol. I posed a question wondering what’s up with the massive hike in competition between platinum i : platinum ii; I didn’t insult your religion or call your mothers names, relax sheesh.
    By your sage logic, shouldn’t I be running into at least ONE player with a similar roster as mine who has downhill skiied his/her way to platinum ii as well? 🙄

Yes. You should be grateful. Idk if you were reading my comment in an angry voice but it was a simple matter of fact.

You ran into all of them… on your way to platinum. You were artificially given an easier path, now you're on the same track as everyone else. There isn’t a way to know for sure what the percentage make up of “good accounts” at plat is, but my guess is that more players with developed rosters are more dedicated to playing every game mode, including battlegrounds, so you’ll see a much higher saturation of players with good accounts at every higher rank even with the artificial skew dropping of people in your situation higher than they would otherwise be. If you play long enough, you’ll probably find someone at your level, but there’s going to be many more dedicated players with good accounts at higher ranks even if they never allowed low accounts to match high ones. I WAS surprised that you made a post complaining about a system that is already giving you an easier time than other players though
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 467 ★★★
    Perhaps I misread your comment as whining when it was a genuine question about the spike, if so, apologies. It wouldn’t have changed the wording of either of my responses at all though
  • Options

To be honest, what they're saying is true. I've spent time at-length pointing out that it's necessary for Players on the lower end to have some relative success and motivation earlier on in Brackets. Actually, I pointed out that no one wants to hit a wall at the very beginning of the competition. It becomes demotivating.
    The way the system is set up now is at Platinum, the Matches are random within your Tier. This is a compromise. It allows even the earliest Players to gain some success and Rewards, and at the same time still maintains the spirit of the competition. So far, they've implemented a new Token system (2 for a Win, one for a Loss), until Diamond. That's been a success so far in my opinion. There are some changes in the works for a streamline whereby Players will start the Season somewhere in the vicinity of where they ended. Whether that's one or more below, I have no idea.
    I'm afraid you've had a string of Players that are stronger. There is a range at Plat and up. The only suggestion I have is keep trying. You'll get weaker Matches eventually.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 471 ★★★

Thank you. And you’re absolutely correct, bg store nerfs trade in values the lower your milestone.
    Does the matchup algorithm prevent cavaliers from facing thronebreakers or paragon? I feel like im hardly ever facing paragons since I got to platinum 3

I was interested in this issue and expressed my opinion. But the whole forum quickly hated me. Want rewards, be a whale or don't cry, friendly community :)
    Be a "whale" they still need to have skill to advance, there is no fast track. There is no issue with the matchmaking, you are supposed to play against all of them, there is no reason separate smaller and bigger accounts when you compete for same rewards whale or not.
This discussion has been closed.