Is there a lack of drive with the 3 paths for Story Content?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★
It may only be me, but it has me worrying that there may be a lack of drive or ambition with the game, as the story content is going down from 6 to 3 paths per quest.

This also has me worrying that rewards will maybe be lacking too, due to half the number of fights being had.

If anything I would cut down the EQ paths, and keep story to 6, I think 6 is the perfect balance!

Not sure what anyone else thinks, and this isn’t a harsh criticism, just has me worried for the future, and how long that future maybe has left?

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    While I'm not a fan of the change myself, it does help relieve some pressure on kabams quest design team. I just hope this means that we will see a return of back issues or some sort of hard content that is balanced towards paragons and not cavs in terms of difficulty and reward.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I sometimes think those larger maps are intimidating, and perhaps a downward pressure on people moving forward in content. But I also know that I’ve left a lot of act seven undone specifically because the lanes have resources that expire in overflow, I sort of use that as a bank. I obviously did 100% 8.1 8.2 because I needed the R4 gems etc. But 7 was fine just as a repository. I’m assuming that with half the number of lanes that won’t be the same sort of scenario?
  • Mdf77Mdf77 Member Posts: 1
    Story content has typically been the most enjoyable content to complete, so a drop to three paths is disappointing at face value.

My two hopes are that there is not a corresponding nerf to rewards and that the cadence of story content being released improves. It would be great to get story content released more frequently and not every six months.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,797 ★★★★★
    Galactus ate the other 3 paths broseidon.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    I'm in the group that doesn't want to repeat content several times for no good reason. 3 paths is plenty. It could be 14 paths and the tiny, vocal group that loves being extra will still burn through it in a day and then whine about being bored. Kabam probably shouldn't design content around them if it will keep the much larger segment from ever completing it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    I think, story mode is generally "one and done", we explore it and never look at it again, and the longer it's there the easier it gets for the player base so its value for the effort spent by the game team starts to drop the minute it is released.

That quest dev time is probably better spent on monthly/special content/anything with a time limit since it is replaced on a regular basis and the content can be tuned over time to keep the upper tiers of difficulty relevant to roster strengths.

• zernixzernix Member Posts: 82
    I'm fine with 3 paths as long as the rewards aren't nerfed in comparison.

There's nothing super exciting about story content, it's basically the same as TB EQ but more health. So I'm cool doing less work, but again as long as they're not giving us less rewards.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    3 paths is the right way to go.
    GJ Kabam!