BG’s season 9 node - are they fair for a 400k point requirement?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,346 ★★★★★
Nodes for next season were revealed to be a buff toggle unstoppable (every 9 seconds for 3 seconds) and a node that gives 60% of a bar of power when buffs are nullified (including armor break for armor buffs).

What do you think, does this node add even more fuel to the fire that is already under the absurd requirement of 400k points ? (Calculations were done on another thread to show that the time investment in a typical war season was substantially less than that needed to earn 400k points with an ideal assumption of 100% win rate, meaning the time needed would be even more greater with a 50% win rate)

Personally I’m fine with the nodes as long as the cost of elder marks is lowered for this season or the point requirements are dropped from 400k.

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,346 ★★★★★

Nobody said you’re required to get 400k points.

It’s what a lot of alliances have shifted their focus to given no AW for a season. I’ve seen alliances recruit strictly with a requirement of 400k milestone. Not too mention the obvious, but theres some exceptional rewards for the tumultuous efforts
  • ISO17ISO17 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    Polygon said:

Nodes for next season were revealed to be a buff toggle unstoppable (every 9 seconds for 3 seconds) and a node that gives 60% of a bar of power when buffs are nullified (including armor break for armor buffs).

What do you think, does this node add even more fuel to the fire that is already under the absurd requirement of 400k points ? (Calculations were done on another thread to show that the time investment in a typical war season was substantially less than that needed to earn 400k points with an ideal assumption of 100% win rate, meaning the time needed would be even more greater with a 50% win rate)

Personally I’m fine with the nodes as long as the cost of elder marks is lowered for this season or the point requirements are dropped from 400k.

You usually get enough elder marks in the season itself to max out 300K and reach max solo milestones. All that means is either you buy an extra round of elders marks (I think it equates to something like 12 wins if I’m not mistaken?) or just play a lot with energy and use elder marks when you can and when you get them from the ally event. I don’t think it’s a huge ask and not necessarily even an expensive ask
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    I did some maths. If you play 88 matches using all elder marks that would be a cost of 7,920 elder marks. With a slightly higher than 50% win rate, (45 wins/43 losses) and you’ll hit 400k.

The game gives you 3,000 elder marks on the way to the GC. Alliance milestones will give some as well depending how high your alliance scores.

If you average a 50% win rate, you’ll need to buy some elder marks in order to hit the 400k milestone.
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
    400k is absolutely fair. I'm currently sitting at a little over 300k (stuck in Diamond 1, didn't even make GC so it's not like my win rate is the best), didn't buy a single elder mark with units, VT and alliance milestones only.
    If every alliance member makes it to 300k (which is possible, I did it and I'm not the best player or biggest spender out there) anyone can easily hit 400k points with the rest of the elder marks you'll receive from alliance milestones. Keep in mind, if you get to 400k you're getting two free 6* nexus (one of them is a class nexus) and 1.5k 7* shards, so no I don't think elder mark cost or points required should be lowered cause then you're gonna have conqueror players getting 6* nexus crystals and that would just be dumb imo.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    What does the node have anything to do with scoring points? Both players have to fight against the node so whether it's this node or another it makes no difference
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    This seems very easy season and you can get to 400k if you just play that nonstop (which I will bc I need that tech class nexus so I can finally pull starky...)
    The nodes are easy it just depends on the defender
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Anything is better than nuke meta. I say bring on the challenge.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Matty_Ice said:

I did some maths. If you play 88 matches using all elder marks that would be a cost of 7,920 elder marks. With a slightly higher than 50% win rate, (45 wins/43 losses) and you’ll hit 400k.

The game gives you 3,000 elder marks on the way to the GC. Alliance milestones will give some as well depending how high your alliance scores.

If you average a 50% win rate, you’ll need to buy some elder marks in order to hit the 400k milestone.

So about 8000 marks with a 50% win rate? So I’ll need about 16000 marks, got it!
    16,020 to be exact if you lose every match.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Matty_Ice said:

So about 8000 marks with a 50% win rate? So I’ll need about 16000 marks, got it!
    16,020 to be exact if you lose every match.
    Now that’s the kind of game insight I’m looking for!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Polygon said:

The nodes don't really matter. No matter what the nodes are, ultimately 50% of the players will win and 50% will lose every match. The nodes would only matter to a player if they thought they were more likely to win their matches with those nodes, which would imply that everyone else they matched against were more likely to lose. So any nodes beneficial to scoring points for one player would be detrimental to someone else.