**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG Store update for 7* shards does not look viable?

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
Hey there,

Today I pose to you a question if the BG store update for 7* looks viable or not?

You can answer below but here is something that I have to say -

30k 6* shards = 13500 BG trophy tokens
and if I dupe all 3 6-star champs, I get about 275 * 3 = 825 (7* shards)

Now, each 150 7-star shards in store = 1850 BG trophy tokens
For 13,500 trophy tokens I can get (13500/1850) * 150 = 1050 7-star shards

This difference is hardly significant and in the process I am losing out on pulling 6* champs, gold, iso and extra shards if my 6* champ is at max sig.

My opinion -
1. If you have too many 6* champs, don't buy 7* shards since you can get similar amount from dupes + gold and iso
2. If you have less 6* champs, don't buy 7* shards because you NEED to acquire the 6* champs as they are still great for progressing faster.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    There's also a purchase limit. For someone who wants to acquire as many 7*s as they can, buying out the 6* and 7* shards is a viable option. As you said, the difference is not significant enough to deter many from buying the 7* shards. Some may consider them not worth it but there will be plenty of players who do purchase all of them each store reset.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,679 Guardian
    I'm quite enjoying the 1.5 t6b and t3a I can get every week, need those to r5 my Cassie
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 682 ★★★
    @rockykoston ,

Yep I fully agreed with your breakdown, and only want to add that.

Dupping an 6* champs would also give you 20 sigs. The cost of 360 token for 1 generic stone, of course this is generic stone that you can choose who to give, instead of the RNG of a 6* dup.

However I think it still add extra reason to go towards the 6* shards instead of the 7* shard, which based on all of these factor seem a bit over price.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Hey there,

Today I pose to you a question if the BG store update for 7* looks viable or not?

This difference is hardly significant and in the process I am losing out on pulling 6* champs, gold, iso and extra shards if my 6* champ is at max sig.

My opinion -
    1. If you have too many 6* champs, don't buy 7* shards since you can get similar amount from dupes + gold and iso
    2. If you have less 6* champs, don't buy 7* shards because you NEED to acquire the 6* champs as they are still great for progressing faster.

What do you think?

Short answer is that the 6* shards are in general the better deal, but someone earning enough trophy tokens can easily max out the 6* shard option and then the 7* shard option would be a way to get additional 7* shards for someone that wanted to focus strictly on those.

There are 135900 trophy tokens in VT, without counting objectives. Someone who makes it into GC is going to get at least 10k more, and would likely have earned something in the neighborhood of 9-12k from objectives. That's about 160,000 trophy tokens per season, plus whatever you earned in the alliance event. In five store resets (four week season plus one week offseason) the most you can spend on 6* shards is 67,500 trophy tokens (13500 x 5 weeks). If you decide to also buy the 7* shards, you'd spend 32k per week or 160k in five weeks.

So there are players who could theoretically buy all the 6* shards plus all the 7* shards and *still* have trophy tokens left over. The direct 7* shard option makes the most sense for those players earning that many tokens and also wanting to go all out on 7* shards.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    7* are the premium resource right now so they’re going to be overpriced.

The rank up materials however are a very good deal so I take my wins where I can.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hey there,

My opinion -

What do you think?

Short answer is that the 6* shards are in general the better deal, but someone earning enough trophy tokens can easily max out the 6* shard option and then the 7* shard option would be a way to get additional 7* shards for someone that wanted to focus strictly on those.

There are 135900 trophy tokens in VT, without counting objectives. Someone who makes it into GC is going to get at least 10k more, and would likely have earned something in the neighborhood of 9-12k from objectives. That's about 160,000 trophy tokens per season, plus whatever you earned in the alliance event. In five store resets (four week season plus one week offseason) the most you can spend on 6* shards is 67,500 trophy tokens (13500 x 5 weeks). If you decide to also buy the 7* shards, you'd spend 32k per week or 160k in five weeks.

So there are players who could theoretically buy all the 6* shards plus all the 7* shards and *still* have trophy tokens left over. The direct 7* shard option makes the most sense for those players earning that many tokens and also wanting to go all out on 7* shards.
    It’s 3.45am here and I should be asleep so I maybe misreading this, but I really don’t think there are 135,900 tokens available just from the victory track each season. There’s 15 levels starting at Bronze, I think you get something 1,800 for Bronze 2 and Vibranium was 6,400ish. If it was 135,900 tokens we’d be getting an average of 9,060 tokens per milestone level in the victory track.

I don’t think I spent any of tokens this season as the store was resetting and can’t remember the exact number but think it’s closer 50,000 trophy tokens from the Victory track.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Wozzle007 said:

DNA3000 said:

Hey there,

My opinion -

What do you think?

It’s 3.45am here and I should be asleep so I maybe misreading this, but I really don’t think there are 135,900 tokens available just from the victory track each season. There’s 15 levels starting at Bronze, I think you get something 1,800 for Bronze 2 and Vibranium was 6,400ish. If it was 135,900 tokens we’d be getting an average of 9,060 tokens per milestone level in the victory track.

I don’t think I spent any of tokens this season as the store was resetting and can’t remember the exact number but think it’s closer 50,000 trophy tokens from the Victory track.
    I did the math for this a while ago in a completely different thread, but at the moment I do not have the ability to double check it (because the mode is down) and I am going from memory. I will try to find the original calculations somewhere and see if I am double counting something in here.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

Is bad value for now. We can just expect it to be better in a year or so

It ain't rocket science.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I suspect this is the most prudent way to introduce them into BGs. They're already a highly-competitive game mode, and they provide quite a bit of Resources as it is. I think it's a wise choice.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

I suspect this is the most prudent way to introduce them into BGs. They're already a highly-competitive game mode, and they provide quite a bit of Resources as it is. I think it's a wise choice.

Ofcourse
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    I am certainly not dying on this hill but 135k+ tokens a season seems high given I don't remember spending anything this season beyond a few items and only have 70k (including compensation and left overs from last season)

I made GC but couldn't be bothered doing more than a handful of matches.

No way I spent 60k.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Ofcourse
    I'm sure if you ask people, they want more. Only, it's a rarity for people to consider what that more will do to the overall system. The BG Store already provides a great deal of 6* Shards. They amount to Dups which yield 7* Shards.
    There are also Shards in other areas of the game, aside from the Shards in the GC Rewards. It's not a great stretch to understand how accelerating their introduction too much in the BG Store too early wouldn't be good for the game overall. It takes time for the game to adjust.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,679 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

Hey there,

My opinion -

What do you think?

There are 135900 trophy tokens in VT, without counting objectives.
    There are about 45k tokens in Victory track without objectives. You're thinking of how many tokens you get if you finish mysterium+ in GC
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    I blew through so many shards the first few seasons and then realized I had a pretty decent roster that could use my attention.....instead of pulling trash 6 stars I started focusing on building my BG deck and the end result has been much better....BG is easier with a way beefier deck full of r3 and r4....the best value is probably the r4 mats (even though they are becoming more common)....having a deeper deck for bg will ultimately lead to more tokens and less stress.....I'll def be maxing out t3 and t6b any chance I get
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    Ya. We did the math today in the alliance. Where I'm concerned, any 6* is a dupe, some double dupes. Just makes sense to keep getting 6* and T6cc
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    I agree with @rockykoston, the value for 7 star shards isn't there yet. I'm not the top BG player, just made GC and hang out there, so trophy tokens aren't as plentiful as the top summoners, so 6 star shards hold more value to me. I did buy all the T5 basic and T3 alpha since I want to rank up my 6 stars for BG. Those 3 are the best value to my account.
  • Options
    BrazenhutBrazenhut Posts: 131
    edited June 2023
    DNA3000 said:

Wozzle007 said:

DNA3000 said:

Hey there,

My opinion -

What do you think?

I did the math for this a while ago in a completely different thread, but at the moment I do not have the ability to double check it (because the mode is down) and I am going from memory. I will try to find the original calculations somewhere and see if I am double counting something in here.
    It’s 45k tokens in VT and 16800 if you count objectives.