**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Silver surfer tune up

Does anyone think surfer will/ needs a tune up or are people just looking at him in the wrong way

Comments

• Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 443 ★★★

Does anyone think surfer will/ needs a tune up or are people just looking at him in the wrong way

What do you mean looking at him the wrong way? Silver surfer is good where he is now, and not really in need of it.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    He’s pretty good now. Use the Odin preflight and he ramps up a lot quicker and does more damage.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

I think there are very awful character that need tune up.
    Silver surfer is useful as he is and seems alright to me.
    I would really appreciate a proper kit update on following.
    - Groot,
    - Superior Ironman
    - Original miss marvel,
    - Original captain marvel
    - Promixa

Kabam: They have a point. There are some champs that could use a mid 2023 tune up... *looks at Gamora and Storm*
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Ton of other champions need to be looked at, Silver Surfer is adequate for where he is at.

The only thing I would want change is the timers on his buffs, to make it a little less stressful (even if the only thing they did was add the Hulk synergy to his base kit, that would be great).
  • Options
    CaptainWafflesXCaptainWafflesX Posts: 193
    Gogi said:

What do you mean looking at him the wrong way? Silver surfer is good where he is now, and not really in need of it.
    What I’m talking about is everytime I see someone play silver surfer everyone talks trash about how bad he is but i took him to rank 3 and I don’t think he needs a tune up at all but I was just wondering other peoples opinion

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    A damage increase would be nice. Many cosmic champs today do ridiculous damage
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    He is the most mid high prestige champ ever . Never ever useful in any content . Sucks for BG too . Had he not had a high prestige , nobody would care for him and that's a fact.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    Unrelated, but when do we get info on the mantis tune up? I thought she was next in line to be buffed...
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

He is the most mid high prestige champ ever . Never ever useful in any content . Sucks for BG too . Had he not had a high prestige , nobody would care for him and that's a fact.

He has uses, but his damage is a bit above average
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,010 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

He has good utility and serviceable damage.
    Plus counters quite a bit of things
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Though he can benefit from a tune up, but the Cosmic class is already so far ahead that he won't be able to compete with a small tune up
    Perhaps we need some great buffs in other classes to maintain balance

IMO this is the perfect time to buff champs like Cyclops (either both or at least one of them), BPCW, MoonKnight, Elektra, a tune up for Killmonger, Red Skull, Green Goblin, or Ironman
  • Options
    Rohit_316 said:

He has his uses & the damage is also decent
    I got a 7* & I'm not at all mad about it
    But I can agree that most people wouldn't care for him if not for his prestige
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Kabam: They have a point. There are some champs that could use a mid 2023 tune up... *looks at Gamora and Storm*

Gamora and Storm do not need another buff. They are amazing as they are.
  • Options
    cane47cane47 Posts: 40
    I have 7* surfer... what is he good for?
  • Options
    cane47 said:

Search YT videos for how to use him, what he is good for.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Surfer does like the sig level unfortunately so short term that’s a bit of a miss for you. Still, he has good immunities and buffs so he’s not terrible unawakened.

My R3 Surfer is still one of the better Peni counters in bg, he’s got an sp2 that can catch you off guard very easily as well. He’s an extremely well balanced character that people overlook as a prestige option because he doesn’t do what Herc does.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

• Options
    edited June 2023

^^^
    Tell me you don't know how to use Storm and Gamora without telling me you don't know how to use Storm and Gamora.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    The only problem with Silver Surfer is he's in a class with Hercules, Hulking, Corvus, Galan, and many others that are viewed, rightfully so, as top tier champs.

Unfortunately, the community has a tendency to compare every champ to those top tier champs, and expect them all to be the same.

In a straight match up like an arena fight, no doubt Silver Surfer is gonna feel a bit bland.

Take him up against a node that applies incinerate, shock, or cold snap, where Silver Surfer heals from the debuffs, and boosts his burst damage because they count as buffs, and he'll shine.

Most of the modern champs have pretty niche uses, and Siver Surfer is one of them in my opinion.

Frankly, it's no different than taking Corvus into a fight against Maw and claiming he sucks.
  • Options
    cane47 said:

Mainly for nodes putting shock, coldsnap or incinerate debuffs on u, or when u need instant Armor breaks like against Emma Frost, Mysterio, Killmonger, Annihilus or IronDoom

But in most cases we have better champs to deal with the problems that Surfer deals with, maybe except for the instant armor breaks

He is not a bad champion, but not someone u would miss if he is absent from ur roster
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

^^^
    Tell me you don't know how to use Storm and Gamora without telling me you don't know how to use Storm and Gamora.
    Missed it again
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    I recommend checking out some of the 7 star gameplay out on yt especially from Nagase he is extremely underrated but I wouldn't mine a tune up