**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do I always start with a disadvantage in battlegrounds?

Does anyone know why when choosing the characters for the battle in batlegrounds I always have to choose first? This is a disadvantage since when starting the opponent can choose in his next two characters the counters or champions that are best for him to win, this of the turns to choose should be random or at least not occur so frequently, since As I said before, between July 5 and 6 I played more than 30 games and I always have to choose first.
Is it something malicious to favor those who spend money in the game?

Is it some kind of hack or trick for some players?

Anyway, it smells bad to me and it seems to me that playing that game mode is demotivating since they attract us with good prizes this season, that type of "mistakes" makes it frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    I have often wondered this one myself.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    If you pick first, you can force a counter. If they pick first, you have to weigh a counter on the first pass or hope one pops up later. In the end it's all about the champs. If you're presented with duds picking second, does that help?
  • Options
    CrimsomboltCrimsombolt Posts: 7

I too would like to know how it’s determined (I know it ties into draft order but how that is decided as well) however you claiming it’s tied to money spent on the game is false and take away from your post.

I'm not affirming, I'm asking, don't you understand punctuation marks?
  • Options

If you pick first, you can force a counter. If they pick first, you have to weigh a counter on the first pass or hope one pops up later. In the end it's all about the champs. If you're presented with duds picking second, does that help?

of course it is a disadvantage and in no way should it happen so often, the moderators can review my account and see that this is real and I know it happens to many other players that it happens to you more than 30 times like me it is not a coincidence
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    Starting first starting last doesnt matter as much as how you draft how you play your defenders it’s all about how you play you need to get a decent draft and then play well and you can win no win is ever guaranteed
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    Wear your tin-foil hats people… 😏
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 609 ★★★

I too would like to know how it’s determined (I know it ties into draft order but how that is decided as well) however you claiming it’s tied to money spent on the game is false and take away from your post.

Indeed I do. However, as to not get side tracked from your post let me explain it to you, if you get first pick in the draft you also will be placing first defender. This is because, with the first pick in the draft you are able to set the initial tone for the draft. If rng of champ selection benefits you then you can actually win the match during the draft phase so long as you have semi decent skills to backup a good draft.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

True, but equally picking second allows you to pick a defender that your opponent doesn't even get a chance to try and draft a counter for, since you get the last pick. I suppose that is the reason the first and last picks are for 1 champ only.

The main disadvantage comes when actually selecting defenders in each round. Choosing your defender 2nd means you can react to whatever defender your opponent has selected before you.

For example if your opponent only had 1 science champion in their draft and decided to place them on defense, and you were choosing 2nd you would be able to respond to the fact that they no longer have any science champions left, and play a mystic defender.
  • Options

Indeed I do. However, as to not get side tracked from your post let me explain it to you, if you get first pick in the draft you also will be placing first defender. This is because, with the first pick in the draft you are able to set the initial tone for the draft. If rng of champ selection benefits you then you can actually win the match during the draft phase so long as you have semi decent skills to backup a good draft.
    It has nothing to do with skills since regardless of winning or losing the fights, I am talking about why the draft order is systematically repeated, it is supposed that for it to be fair this should have an order that gives the same opportunities to all summoners start first or last, and the fact that someone is forced to always start in the same place is obviously something predetermined and that did not happen in previous seasons and my question is directed to why and not to the result of the encounters
  • Options

It has nothing to do with skills since regardless of winning or losing the fights, I am talking about why the draft order is systematically repeated, it is supposed that for it to be fair this should have an order that gives the same opportunities to all summoners start first or last, and the fact that someone is forced to always start in the same place is obviously something predetermined and that did not happen in previous seasons and my question is directed to why and not to the result of the encounters
    Sounds like a you issue as no one else is claiming they always have the same position. You came here for answers but shoot down anyones response so just learn to play with your guaranteed first to place position you have developed.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

True, but equally picking second allows you to pick a defender that your opponent doesn't even get a chance to try and draft a counter for, since you get the last pick. I suppose that is the reason the first and last picks are for 1 champ only.

The main disadvantage comes when actually selecting defenders in each round. Choosing your defender 2nd means you can react to whatever defender your opponent has selected before you.

For example if your opponent only had 1 science champion in their draft and decided to place them on defense, and you were choosing 2nd you would be able to respond to the fact that they no longer have any science champions left, and play a mystic defender.
    It is true that choosing last gives you the opportunity to select a counter and condition the opponent with your second champion and so on for the rest of the match.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    😭when that happens just start with your strongest defender that wouldn't be easily countered by your opponents picks
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Wear your tin-foil hats people… 😏

Mine's shaped like a fedora
  • Options
    Qacob said:

It is true that choosing last gives you the opportunity to select a counter and condition the opponent with your second champion and so on for the rest of the match.

Sounds like a you issue as no one else is claiming they always have the same position. You came here for answers but shoot down anyones response so just learn to play with your guaranteed first to place position you have developed.

I am just looking for the answer of an administrator and not that of an arrogant pretentious whose answers do not help
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

Let's see I pick first clear disadvantage. Then I place the 1st defender now this is probably the biggest disadvantage of all and could really decide the outcome of the whole series. Then if you have a 3rd match you have to place 1st again for the trifecta. So yeah picking first is a terrible compared to picking second.
  • Options
    JustAGuyJustAGuy Posts: 84
    I’m not sure if that’s really supposed to happen, but what I can say is that I have been experiencing the same issue, though I’m usually picking second. This is out of all my matches up to Diamond 1(Also lost like 40 times in Diamond 2)
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    I’ve noticed that I us

I am just looking for the answer of an administrator and not that of an arrogant pretentious whose answers do not help

Here’s the thing. If the answer has been posted forum mods usually won’t chime in. You don’t get special privileges of a mod/admin response just because you want them. If someone has answered it to their liking they have no need to add to it. This has been true many times over the years and even Miike himself has gone on record saying something akin to “if the answer has been posted there is no need to say the same thing for it to register.” Orange texts doesn’t automatically make their response right or even knowledgeable. (AA anyone)

You claim it’s a disadvantage. I counter claim it’s not. Of my last 10 matches 6 have been me choosing first. I won all 6. I have a better win ratio starting first than I do starting second. Also to put it into perspective I start second more often than not. It just happens to be that I this last run of 10 worked out to give me more starts.

Now this could just be a coincidence, I could just be better than you, or it could not even play a factor.

But you’re asking for something they won’t know the answer to and will have to go to the dev team for. And in that case it WILL take some time.

I want to say it’s RNG on who goes first but then we don’t know. If that’s the case it’s just bad luck from your point of view. It could also be who queued up first. The person who has waited longer goes second.

Either move on or keep crying you are given an unfair opportunity. Either way I don’t think they will give insight into how the order goes.
  • Options
    Today I also played throughout the day increasing to more than 40 matches in which I continue to start first, as I said before I am not talking about the result, I am asking specifically why this can happen, since it is by no means normal, now as I told you Before someone else, I am looking for an answer to this situation and your answer does not help either, nor am I interested in knowing if you are good or bad at playing
  • Options
    You want a response solely from an administrator then perhaps a message to support woulda been a better route. You post to forums you are subject to others opinions on the subject.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Starting first starting last doesnt matter as much as how you draft how you play your defenders it’s all about how you play you need to get a decent draft and then play well and you can win no win is ever guaranteed

It does matter to a degree.

If I'm picking my defender first, that means I'll pick the last defender as well, quite often that results in a "caught with pants down" situation because even though I have the counters to my opponent's champs, he has them too and no matter who I place, the guy placing last has a distinct advantage.

If you've not experienced this, then you're playing a different game.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

Today I also played throughout the day increasing to more than 40 matches in which I continue to start first, as I said before I am not talking about the result, I am asking specifically why this can happen, since it is by no means normal, now as I told you Before someone else, I am looking for an answer to this situation and your answer does not help either, nor am I interested in knowing if you are good or bad at playing

It's alphabetical. Duh.
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    To me, picking first always feels like "playing away", whilst picking second is like being on home turf.

You can still win away. But there is a slight disadvantage as you are more exposed, for sure.
  • Options
    keadmoca1keadmoca1 Posts: 1
    I have often wondered this one myself. it's awful...
  • Options
    K_S_SK_S_S Posts: 14
    It's complete bull ****! I start 98% of the time. And it's a huge disadvantage, especially in tight matches. But the lazy **** wits at Kabam are worried about licking each other's arseholes to give a ****. So **** you kabam
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    See you all have the problem of choosing first... Well 90% of time I am the one who don't choose first, it was the opponent... And with my observation, The person with the lesser roster strength,has to choose first... This may be wrong, but most of the times it was the case for me
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    I would just like to know what determines it.

Is it a combination of factors related to our accounts, decks, champions, etc? If so Kabam might not want to release too many specifics as it would become a system to manipulate and game into bettering our odds at getting first/second pick. Though that in itself may become a whole new strategy attached to BGs.

Or is it purely an RNG determination? The game 'flips a coin'? If so, having this represented on screen might be worth exploring. You already have us stuck waiting in lobbies for a timer to count down, even if both people have finished their fights. What would adding a few more seconds for a proverbial coin flip hurt.