Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

HELP ME!!!! Desperate

Help me!!!

My nephew spent $599.99 of my money on my account Wednesday on the July 4th deals. He’s 7 so I don’t know how he got passed the Face ID but now I can’t pay my mortgage this month. Is there any way I can contact someone to get that refunded?? I don’t know what to do. He spent the units so if they have to delete my account to get me a refund I won’t complain at all I just can’t loose that much money because my nephew is a little demon

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Well, you’ve really only got one option and it’s not a good one.
    Since units from the purchases were spent, Kabam won’t issue a refund. That is their policy regardless of the story behind it.
    You have the ill advised option of going for a refund through Apple/Google, but if that went through then you would have a significant amount of contest credits (negative units) that you would have to spend $600 to pay down before you can earn/use units again or make any other purchases.
    Unfortunately you’re in quite the lose/lose situation. I hope you can get it sorted out.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Too many unknown variables here for me to say for sure but:

If apple and IOS payment options can be limited depending on what you entered into either your apple ID as a payment method (if you’re using Apple).

If it’s a direct line or indirect (via PayPal) contact the bank and explain. That’s not a gaurantee of anything but some may have options or protocols. It’s not the first time a kid has gone behind a parent or guardians back.

If it’s credit card you do have other options. Beyond it being reversed, even at 20% interest your minimum payment next month will be nowhere near $600. More like $120, and possibly less depending on your card, interest rate and payment schedule as laid out per agreement.

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,705 Guardian
    Coppin said:

If it was apple or google u can request the refunds and go to unit jail...

This is what I'd do in that situation. Make sure your masteries are set the way you want them to be because you'll never be able to change them once you get the negative units. Then you can gradually pay the negative units off or just never have to use units the rest of your time on mcoc.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

If it was apple or google u can request the refunds and go to unit jail...

This is what I'd do in that situation. Make sure your masteries are set the way you want them to be because you'll never be able to change them once you get the negative units. Then you can gradually pay the negative units off or just never have to use units the rest of your time on mcoc.
    Your solution is more evil than mine lol..
  • Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    it if was my nephew that little demon would be in a moment making that money back 🤣
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    It’s always the nephew. I could totally see mine doing that too. I think it’s in their genes to annoy their uncles when they’re young.
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    Wonder if he will get reimbursed… if so “I’m giving my 6 year old niece” (😜) my phone during gbc event.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,730 ★★★
    Feel bad for you, if it's true. The problem is some ppl may have buyers remorse and may be lying to get their money back. I'm not saying that you're lying but it would be hard for Kabam to confirm if a person is lying or not.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★
    “Don’t know how he got passed Face ID”

Uh huh.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    I would talk to your nephew's parents. Hopefully you can find a solution where, even if they can't pay you back in full immediately, you can at least pay your most immediate bills.

With luck, you'll get your money back so that neither of you have to foot the entire bill in the end. I'm not well-versed enough when it comes to requesting refunds on things you've already spent to give solid advice, but I suspect that those who are saying you should request a refund directly from Apple/Google are right. Even if that screws up your units, it's better than being out $600.

Good luck. I hope it sorts itself out. It's always sad to see these things happen. Unfortunately, it's not the first time.

To the people making jokes and stuff: *disappointed look*
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

7 year old nephew outsmarted facial recognition. You should be proud, not mad.

That's assuming you 100% believe that story.
  • Options
    EuyyyguyEuyyyguy Posts: 2
    I will gladly have my account deleted if it means I get the money back. I haven’t touched this game in a while