Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

What is with the difficulty increase.

2»

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Cerebrium said:

Maybe you can try again and let us know if it has actually changed LoL. Maybe let us know how many units you have to spend to pass Act 5.

Otherwise it sounds like “when I was young, I used to walk to the shops and got caned at school”, but time has changed and they are not allowed to use cane anymore, or chalk either, or dialup internet and e-scooters as well. Haha 😂

But, seriously if some of you more experienced players can try now and honestly tell us if it is has the same difficulty.

My guess is, while Kabam might let players levelled up more easily to make you feel good. They just
    Increase the difficulties to make up for it. So it is just a “perception” of having higher ranks

They have only nerfed older content, not increased the difficulty.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Cerebrium said:

Maybe you can try again and let us know if it has actually changed LoL. Maybe let us know how many units you have to spend to pass Act 5.

Otherwise it sounds like “when I was young, I used to walk to the shops and got caned at school”, but time has changed and they are not allowed to use cane anymore, or chalk either, or dialup internet and e-scooters as well. Haha 😂

But, seriously if some of you more experienced players can try now and honestly tell us if it is has the same difficulty.

My guess is, while Kabam might let players levelled up more easily to make you feel good. They just
    Increase the difficulties to make up for it. So it is just a “perception” of having higher ranks

This is one of the most tone-deaf and ridiculous requests I've seen in forums in a very sad attempt to avoid admitting that they just aren't good.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but based on what you have said, you are clearly not very good at the game and it's pretty obvious at this point. What your odd request would do is nothing expect waste hours of time for literally no rewards as I claimed them many years ago.

Additionally, it would make you look really bad as at this point as Id have access to far more op champs than were available 5+ years ago when this content was done with much weaker champs. But anyways, I have zero to prove to you and frankly, ignorance cant be cured sometimes.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,102 ★★★★★
    Cerebrium said:

It is true that the levels are more difficult. I still cannot pass Act 5 and stuck on Road to Labyrinth. I have max 5* and 6* r2 and still got totally thrashed. Even the daily quests I noticed have gotten harder as well :-(

This is absolutely a you problem if you have champs ranked that high and cannot complete act 5 or road to the labyrinth
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 777 ★★★★
    There more than a few experienced players that have pushed a brand new account to paragon in a few months.

Cerebrium said:

This is one of the most tone-deaf and ridiculous requests I've seen in forums in a very sad attempt to avoid admitting that they just aren't good.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but based on what you have said, you are clearly not very good at the game and it's pretty obvious at this point. What your odd request would do is nothing expect waste hours of time for literally no rewards as I claimed them many years ago.

Additionally, it would make you look really bad as at this point as Id have access to far more op champs than were available 5+ years ago when this content was done with much weaker champs. But anyways, I have zero to prove to you and frankly, ignorance cant be cured sometimes.
    I took him up on it. I never finished exploring act 5 so I picked a random path in 5.4.1 and completed it with a team of 4* that have been around forever that I had ranked up. I played pretty poorly, got hit by a few specials I tried to dex instead of block, and still finished the path and boss no problem.

Act 5 was a challenge when I first completed it. Now that I’m through the rest of the story content, my skills and knowledge have grown to make it borderline trivial. That’s what everyone here is trying to tell you. Embrace the difficulty, learn to play with/around the nodes, learn about counters, work on dexing and intercepting, and you’ll get better at the game and be able to progress. You may also need to expand your roster instead of maxing a few strong champs.

If there’s a specific quest or path you’re struggling with, tell us what the problem is and post your roster and we can give you guidance. Blanket complaints that it’s too hard won’t get you anywhere and aren’t accurate. It’s easier than it was and maybe not even as hard as it needs to be with the power level you’re able to achieve when you get to it.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

I know about safeguard, lit him up with incinerate and all that good stuff, still didn’t do much. That’s just an example anyway. I feel the game has lost the balance that used to make it fun. The ramp up in difficulty between act 4 and act five is ridiculous. Going from facing champions in the 6,000 - 7,000 range to 12,000 plus with no in between seems a tad much. With opposing champions’ health and attack boosted by 300% at every node, you make one mistake and you’re done. Meanwhile you’ve got to lay in seventy or eighty hits, with zero margin for error. You tell me a way to even THAT out.

Trust, it gets easier at Act 7. Act 5 and 6 were pretty much just Kabam throwing stuff at the wall and tryna see what sticks. Once you get more into it, you'll see much better design in the EQ and more modern content in general. Even just going through Act 6, the nodes and fights get noticably better as you progress.

Edit: You've also gotta remember that you're currently facing content that became pretty outdated 3-5 years ago. There was once a much steadier increase in difficulty with the Side and Event quests being that stepping stone. As time passed, the lower level content got harder and more rewarding. It should start to even out for you pretty soon.
    Act 5.3 is much easier than 5.2 (and some parts of 5.4 are kinda cheeseable)
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    My man's out here complaining about RTTL difficulty when I had to do it with low rank 4*s or 3*s with a tiny pool of champions back then.
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    Cerebrium said:

I have no idea how many revives I used when I first did LOL. I remember using 5* r3 blade and took me over 2 days to do it.

Now when I get really bored I do a run once in a while. Not a single revive is needed with my 6* aegon.

I also do RTTL content a lot because of it is so good for hero use 22 hour event. I can honestly say that there has been no difficulty increase in any of that content.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    All those special quests were considered everest content back in the day...
    They are supposed to be more difficult than others...
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This has to be a troll post
  • Options
    CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 48
    edited July 2023
    I suppose easy and difficult is relative. And maybe there is a secret or pattern to it. I played pretty constantly (hours a day to get this far so hopefully learnt some tricks, but obviously still misssing somethings still 😟)

So I am stuck on Act 5.2.4. and used up about 1500 units reviving and healing and only got halfway, so had to abandon. I have seriously attempted 3 times but realised that I cannot just keep burning hard earned units

Spiderman Supreme 6*r2, longshot 6*r2, wasp 5*r5, cap brit 5*r5, mojo 5*r5

I have also tried dr doom, hyperion, vision all 4* max rank awaken but not max sig

I am saving up units to about 3000 by my estimation to pass 5.2.4 the way I burn through units.

Some of the defenders just totally wipe me out before I even have time to block. Feels like blocking / parry does not work sometimes.

I tried the Yellow Jacket, Dead Pool path as that was recommended by a few people on youtube
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    Cerebrium said:

I suppose easy and difficult is relative. And maybe there is a secret or pattern to it. I played pretty constantly (hours a day to get this far so hopefully learnt some tricks, but obviously still misssing somethings still 😟)

So I am stuck on Act 5.2.4. and used up about 1500 units reviving and healing and only got halfway, so had to abandon. I have seriously attempted 3 times but realised that I cannot just keep burning hard earned units

I have also tried dr doom, hyperion, vision all 4* max rank awaken but not max sig

I am saving up units to about 3000 by my estimation to pass 5.2.4 the way I burn through units.

Some of the defenders just totally wipe me out before I even have time to block. Feels like blocking / parry does not work sometimes.

I tried the Yellow Jacket, Dead Pool path as that was recommended by a few people on youtube

You have a full r5 5* and above team, you should be able to get cab with that roster. Maybe research some videos, ask around in the forums instead of complaining and work on intercepting.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,102 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Cerebrium said:

:| Can we all agree that this is definitely a troll thread, I refuse to believe otherwise