Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

War Placement

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
Is there an explanation of this new placement stuff? I’m confused.

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    So here's the "what we think we know" version.

New placement gives you options (who knows why) to place defenders for your current map, a higher map than current and a lower map than current. again, i have zero idea why that's necessary .. maybe in case you drop in tiers or whatever.

right now it doesn't work. the going theory is that this will sort itself out when placement actually begins. the new phase, the wrong tiers that everyone seems to be in etc.

no one can get to the next "phase" of this thing because it isn't working.
  • Options
    bor001bor001 Posts: 28
    u cannot plan diversity at the moment we have easy & normal maps as an option .. place defenders on easy .. they are not a available to place normal .. its totally confusing .. it will mean diversity planning is next to impossible .. no one seems to be overly worried about it . so to hell with it .. game i have supported since the start becoming less & less fun to play
  • Options
    bor001bor001 Posts: 28
    looks like war maps have reset .. we are on correct tier now
  • Options
    RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    Splendid rollout of a broken system, yet again. I should have known better. I spent a bunch of units re-specing masteries to remove suicides so I could promptly place my AWD and re-spec back to suicides. AWD gets nuked, my placements are gone, and now I will have to waste another bunch of units to place suicideless AWD again. Thanks Kabam!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,742 Guardian
    RC51 said:

Splendid rollout of a broken system, yet again. I should have known better. I spent a bunch of units re-specing masteries to remove suicides so I could promptly place my AWD and re-spec back to suicides. AWD gets nuked, my placements are gone, and now I will have to waste another bunch of units to place suicideless AWD again. Thanks Kabam!

First off (for others), the issue of being Tier 22 and only access to Easy + Normal difficulty map layouts is since fixed (but all these early threads are starting out from that issue).

Now, you can correctly place your defenders in 3 different Map Difficulty Layouts (in order of looking at those new 3 “Map Choice” buttons on bottom of screen)..
    (Left icon) the next LOWER Map from what Tier you are currently in.
    (Center icon) the map difficulty for your current Tier.
    (Right icon) the next HIGHER Map difficulty layout above your current one.

And YES, you have to commit defenders to all 3 of the Maps (and place them on nodes separately, on all 3 of the Maps), if you want to fully set them up. They can be the SAME defenders for all 3 maps, or you can swap out different defenders (some or all) for each of the 3 maps if you want.

As for “quoted” issue above, are you sure you placed defenders in ALL of those 3 possible Map Layouts ?
    Or did you only place them in 1 of the difficulty maps, and after resetting Mastery you happened to now look at one of the OTHER Map Choices (that you never did place them in to begin with), and that is what is showing NOT having placed defenders ?

Or does resetting your Mastery *really* remove your existing defenders off from all the potential maps ?
  • Options
    (follow up to above)..
    Not talking about whether changing masteries actually changes then or not for defenders already placed. Which is indeed a separate issue to be seen as to what exactly will happen in that case.

But just for starters, whether you already set defenders are still set as defenders or not, after having changer their masteries.
  • Options
    FisefarFisefar Posts: 83
    Missing the information about new war that Kabam said to come.
    Placed on a 6 path map. Tried to move other members around, got thrown out, after I restarted the game I had the normal 9 path map n regular nodes + all 3 bgs been reset n I was the only one in war…
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
    Text error or 10x more Power Gain than intended.. the element of surprise will make it more exciting 😌

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,711 Guardian
    @zuffy the alliances can change their defense of the next war the instant attack phase starts. So people will have about 40 hours to shuffle out of and into the BG
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    @SummonerNR even after enlisting 1 bg war why is it showing all 3 bgs when trying to place the defenders??
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @TheParasite you can setup multiple BGs, but have the game only choose to use the first BG. It is similar in purpose to being able to place on multiple maps for the reason that alliances who hover between map tiers won't have to redo defense whenever they move up or down a map.

This way if you want to alternate between 1, 2, and 3 BGs, then you can pretty easily
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

@TheParasite you can setup multiple BGs, but have the game only choose to use the first BG. It is similar in purpose to being able to place on multiple maps for the reason that alliances who hover between map tiers won't have to redo defense whenever they move up or down a map.

This way if you want to alternate between 1, 2, and 3 BGs, then you can pretty easily

if by accident when someone enters other bg instead of 1, previously only the selected bg was showing now all 3 bgs available for entry so that will definitely make some big confusion
  • Options
    this is literally a confusion than easy
  • Options

Pikolu said:

if by accident when someone enters other bg instead of 1, previously only the selected bg was showing now all 3 bgs available for entry so that will definitely make some big confusion
    That's a pain point they will have to fix down the road, the main purpose of the PPP was for the majority of alliances that don't switch people in and out of BGs and to give more time for attack phase for alliances that have people all around the world in them
  • Options
    yes but one more confusion might arrise on the road... what if they want to change defenders in the middle of season...
  • Options
    They have 40 hours of attack phase to swap defenders for the next war
  • Options
    yes, when addressing on the ingame mail, please tell them to mention this part clearly
  • Options
    and the next thing is the mastery swap
    either it has to be like a loadout or else, its burden to watchout for the exact time the matchmaking occurs
  • Options

either it has to be like a loadout or else, its burden to watchout for the exact time the matchmaking occurs

Mastery swap has been a known pain point ever since they pitched the idea of the PPP to us. They currently don't have the tech in game for what they want to do with that yet
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Mastery swap has been a known pain point ever since they pitched the idea of the PPP to us. They currently don't have the tech in game for what they want to do with that yet
    then this is going to be a failure mode for sure until they find out a solution. no one is going to like the idea of them saying "on the roadmap"
  • Options
    As they did a permanent mastery loadout for bgs, they could have thought of something on war placements too... but if they do it they will definitely lose out a lot of units spend by the summoners switching back and forth for placement and attack phases...

before the season gets launch they need to do some serious homework
  • Options

@Pikolu and about the PI situation.. i think something is definitely wrong.. there are 3 rank5 defenders.. is it just displaying without Masteries or is that something to be taken care of
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 650 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

I am really curious how this will work for alliances doing 1 BG wars where the 10 members joining will be different each war.

This is what I’m wondering too. We run two groups and figure out diversity each war.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 777 ★★★★
    We run one or two BG and participation varies wildly. We don’t push AW participation so some wars we have a few, some wars we have two full BG but it’s not the same people from war to war.

If we decide to run one BG, are you only allowed to enter Attack if you have Defenders placed in BG1? So we either have to run 2 BG to let everyone who might join be able to but we may only get 2-3 attackers per BG or we have to run 1 BG and include the 10 people most likely to join?

I can see this new method being helpful for more competitive alliances but it seems like more problems for causal war alliances if that’s how it’s going to work.
  • Options

We run one or two BG and participation varies wildly. We don’t push AW participation so some wars we have a few, some wars we have two full BG but it’s not the same people from war to war.

If we decide to run one BG, are you only allowed to enter Attack if you have Defenders placed in BG1? So we either have to run 2 BG to let everyone who might join be able to but we may only get 2-3 attackers per BG or we have to run 1 BG and include the 10 people most likely to join?

I can see this new method being helpful for more competitive alliances but it seems like more problems for causal war alliances if that’s how it’s going to work.

(guessing, but…)
    If only a 1 BG war, and there were NOT a full 10 ppl who preconfigured defense in BG1, then as before I would say that there would still be those OPEN spots where others could just join in in Attack (up to the max combined of 10, who either preconfigured their BG1 defense + any others who join attack after if there was still extra space).

(unknown, but I'd guess here too…) that if you *DID* place defense, but in a higher BG # that the # of BG's being used in your current war. Question of whether, since you preconfigured defense in say BG3, but you run only a 1 BG war, could you still join BG1 for just Attack only ?? (subject to the 10 Max as mentioned in 1st part above). I think you should be able to.

Problem, as you pointed out, is if 10 people preconfigured for BG1, then that probably does lock out anyone else from joining in on Attack later, since those initial 10 people will be the ones “COMMITTED” to BG1. Even if some of those initial 10 ppl end up not wanting to do Attack (they would have to do “NEW TEAM” and “WITHDRAW FROM BG” in advance of a war if they want to free up their spot for someone else for a particular war.
    **or have Kabam develop this further and allow Leadership to selectively remove a person's defense commitment from a BG before a war, to free it for someone else.
  • Options
    @SummonerNR why cant it be made like old times, hide the other battlegroups when 1 or 2 bgs were enlisted. that would solve the problem, we didnt have any issue on older version of War placement, where it didnt even show the other bgs which are not enlisted, why getting everything complicated
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 777 ★★★★
    That’s going to be a nightmare if someone can take up a spot on BG1 and they are the only one that can back out of it. I was thinking it was going to be bad enough if leadership had to remove them but if nobody can remove them it’s going to cause a lot of headaches and alliance kicks.

In the old system someone can hop in for the wars they know they’ll be able to attack for and skip if they don’t know if they can commit. The combination of no downside of locking up defenders and the fact that they can stay in all season is going to be a problem.

Do you have to attack to get AW rewards or just have your defenders placed for 5 wars? I can see a rush to get your defenders in BG1 to guarantee war rewards with no actual participation now.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 271 ★★★

That’s going to be a nightmare if someone can take up a spot on BG1 and they are the only one that can back out of it. I was thinking it was going to be bad enough if leadership had to remove them but if nobody can remove them it’s going to cause a lot of headaches and alliance kicks.

In the old system someone can hop in for the wars they know they’ll be able to attack for and skip if they don’t know if they can commit. The combination of no downside of locking up defenders and the fact that they can stay in all season is going to be a problem.

Do you have to attack to get AW rewards or just have your defenders placed for 5 wars? I can see a rush to get your defenders in BG1 to guarantee war rewards with no actual participation now.

This. It's the pain points I saw the moment they revealed Set and Forget. Im taking a break in a semi retired alli but the last couple months War was pretty fun. 1bg and whoever wanted to attack placed. Each war we had different ppl and I don't see how that can work for anyone in my current team with this new system.