Options

Jumped directly from Diamond 1 to Uru in BG.

SnurrisSnurris Posts: 429 ★★★
Something happened in BG and when I won last fight in diamond 1 I jumped directly to Uru. It showed vibranium for 1 second and now Uru.

Tried restarting a few times but it remains. Is it safe to play or can it be considered an exploit?

Comments

• Options
    IamnikeIamnike Posts: 232 ★★
    You're once you hit vibranium you are in GC, start climbing bro
  • Options
    IamnikeIamnike Posts: 232 ★★
    Im assuming this is your first time getting there congrats big dawg welcome to the brotherhood
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,768 ★★★★★
    Its how it works. When you get the 5 medals there you enter the gladiator circuit
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 578 ★★★
    Vibranium is the way to say: Congrats! you made it to Legends circuit!
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,139 ★★★
    It is normal, check the ranking on uru III
  • Options
    I think you’re misunderstanding me.
    My alliance mate got this (se picture)
    But I didn’t. I skipped all five medals in vibranium and are now in GC without having to play Vibranium.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w
    Think you’re misunderstanding se above post.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian
    Snurris said:

Something happened in BG and when I won last fight in diamond 1 I jumped directly to Uru. It showed vibranium for 1 second and now Uru.

Tried restarting a few times but it remains. Is it safe to play or can it be considered an exploit?

This is an odd fencepost issue with VT. In terms of promotions, the tier you are "in" is the tier you last achieved. So when you started you were "Bronze 3" because everyone starts there. Your first promotion is to Bronze 2. But the way promotion works is, you earn enough medals to complete the track. So when you earn two medals in Bronze 3, for a brief instant you are in Bronze 3 with two medals. But the game immediately promotes you to Bronze 2 with zero medals.

When you are "in" Diamond 1, that means the last track you completed was Diamond 1. That means there's just one track to go. Whatever you call that last track, it is the track with five medals required and whose finish line is Vibranium. Some people call this track Vibranium, some call it Diamond 1, but either way at some point when you earn five medals in this track, again, for a brief instant you are in Diamond 1 with five medals. But the game instantly promotes you to Vibranium. However, that's it. That's the end of VT. So the game then moves you into GC.

So at the end of the VT bracket you will go from Diamond 1 with four medals, to Diamond 1 with five medals, then instantly jump to Vibranium with zero medals, then instantly jump to GC, all in one burst.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    It's a bit confusing but that is telling you the wins you need (in Diamond 1) to progress into Vibranium – which is Gladiator Circuit.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 thx mate. That’s a bit confusing system. As I showed on my picture above that is my friend playing for five medals in vibranium and I never got that this time so I got a bit concerned. Played in GC before and always played those medals in vibranium.
    So needed to make sure.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Snurris said:

@DNA3000 thx mate. That’s a bit confusing system. As I showed on my picture above that is my friend playing for five medals in vibranium and I never got that this time so I got a bit concerned. Played in GC before and always played those medals in vibranium.
    So needed to make sure.

That’s playing for 5 medals to get TO Vibranium, not to get through it. Your friend should see clearly that are in diamond 1 right now if that is what they are seeing.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian

Snurris said:

So needed to make sure.

That’s playing for 5 medals to get TO Vibranium, not to get through it. Your friend should see clearly that are in diamond 1 right now if that is what they are seeing.
    This is an ambiguous interpretation issue. Say you're just starting and you earn your first two medals. The game promotes you from Bronze 3 to Bronze 2. Now until you reach the point where you promote to Bronze 1, where are you? One interpretation is that you are "in" Bronze 2, because you last promoted to Bronze 2. But the other interpretation is that you are "in" Bronze 1's medal requirements and working towards reaching the Bronze 1 promotion.

The landmark interpretation says you are where ever you last reached. So if you're last promotion was to Gold 2, you're in Gold 2. But the "punchcard" interpretation says you are whatever you are working on/towards. So if your last promotion was to Gold 2 then you are currently working on the Gold 1 punchcard.

It isn't a trivial thing to simply declare one interpretation over the other as the "right" one obviously, because the game mode itself doesn't do things in a consistent way if you believe either one is the sole proper interpretation. The glitch that shows even Kabam was a little fuzzy on this is the point in VT you would call "Platinum 1." When you promote to Platinum 1, the next track requires three medals because the requirements for Diamond go three, three, four. However, the mnumber of medals you get for victory is still two, because your last promotion was Platinum 1 and the medals are two for one "through Platinum." So we get an interesting glitch where the number of medals per win remains two, but the amount you need for promotion drops from five to three. Which is strange, but that's because the two interpretations are colliding here. Medals per win is using the landmark interpretation, while costs per promotion is using the "punchcard" interpretation, and they overlap at Platinum 1/Diamond 3.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 my god! I’ve played this game for many years now but sometimes still feel like a noob.
    I’m not doubting anything you’re saying but have a follow up question.
    When my mate hit Vibranium he got this emote as a reward.

I never got that as a reward. It’s not in my inventory and can’t be used in battlegrounds. Why is this?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,367 ★★★★★
    Snurris said:

@DNA3000 my god! I’ve played this game for many years now but sometimes still feel like a noob.
    I’m not doubting anything you’re saying but have a follow up question.
    When my mate hit Vibranium he got this emote as a reward.

I never got that as a reward. It’s not in my inventory and can’t be used in battlegrounds. Why is this?

Its a BG emote.
    Go into the profile where you set your pic and you'll see "Equip Emotes". It will be there.
  • Options
    @LordSmasher thx mate!