**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

The state of side quest and game in general

Man oh man has this been an EVENTFUL month to start us off. We got 1250 mythic crystals! We got marketing tactics. These aren’t really that but of a deal but it’s more of the point. But the main thing I wanted opinions on was side quest. Can someone explain to me the reason why it has a time lock. There is not a valid one that benefits us. The side quest rewards are nothing special for an end game player like my self. So if we are bored and jus wanted to knock it out to stock up resources, why is that an issue? You allowed it last month and it was very convenient. Some people did that this month before THAT bug was fixed. The new months quests have been out for a DAY. And there have been so many bugs. Plz share thoughts on the way side quest works/rewards. Am I going crazy or am I being logical???

Comments

• Options
    ChimachiChimachi Posts: 20
    I think that last month just showed how short and how little effort goes into it. The fact that the quest has to be lengthened to a month when you can do it all in a couple hours is just proving there laziness
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Easy answer: Because they wanted to time lock the quest.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 257 ★★★
    I think daily entry tokens wasn't a bad idea for a 5 week month as intended for June. Launching new SQ solo objectives weekly has also been very successful in prior months. Implementing them both together seems like a pretty large overcorrection for last month's event, but putting the solo objectives on a weekly expiration timer is just unnecessary.
    A large part about why people ran out of things to play last month was that extra week for SQ/EQ and the artificial removal of war in it's entirety. I think a lot more players are going to be missing entries/objectives for July, or are actually going to be burnout by all of the consecutive time crunches across game modes.
    None of it was helped by an incredibly bugged release either.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
    Don't worry. You'll forget about this month when next month comes.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,160 ★★★
    I agree with op. I’d rather save my time for other things and just wipe out my sq in 1 run too.
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 54
    Burnouts because of side quest is a stretch for justifying to impede full access to complete it. QOL comes to mind. Personally and then MCOC interests and goals set with the time I commit.

Many game modes which offer resources and fun moments to allow players to grow is limited when you constrain access for like SQ.

I’m a 8 year player with a life that has evolved and managed to adapt year after year in order to play the game. It gets challenging as time passes and I get older, my daughter gets older (starting freshman college year), etc etc.

AW, AQ, BGs, Incursion, Monthly EQ & SQ, and arenas all cost invaluable time. The white space or windows of time of playing require prioritization to an extent. So blitzing SQ for example because I have access is super helpful when trying to optimize the time you get to play multiple game modes while living a full life.

Seasoned players like myself are asking ourselves and others similar how can we juggle time to keep up with the trends and meta as it evolves. Last month’s unintended SQ execution was not negative - it was a great solution to address QOL and get players to enjoy more of game modes available.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,160 ★★★
    Man2th said:

Burnouts because of side quest is a stretch for justifying to impede full access to complete it. QOL comes to mind. Personally and then MCOC interests and goals set with the time I commit.

Many game modes which offer resources and fun moments to allow players to grow is limited when you constrain access for like SQ.

I’m a 8 year player with a life that has evolved and managed to adapt year after year in order to play the game. It gets challenging as time passes and I get older, my daughter gets older (starting freshman college year), etc etc.

AW, AQ, BGs, Incursion, Monthly EQ & SQ, and arenas all cost invaluable time. The white space or windows of time of playing require prioritization to an extent. So blitzing SQ for example because I have access is super helpful when trying to optimize the time you get to play multiple game modes while living a full life.

Seasoned players like myself are asking ourselves and others similar how can we juggle time to keep up with the trends and meta as it evolves. Last month’s unintended SQ execution was not negative - it was a great solution to address QOL and get players to enjoy more of game modes available.

I completely agree. With my extra time I actually went into incursions and hit some areas of the game I have neglected for quite some time. Allowing quick runs of sq was a great Qol improvement.
  • Options
    Bee2JayBee2Jay Posts: 108
    Guess they didn't like the way people finished SQ very early last month cos K.Jax talked about it early in this month EQ & SQ info.

Dont know who complained that they were joblesss because they finished SQ faster when there are lots of other areas of the games to delve into

simply put - KABAM TIME LOCKS IT because KABAM WANTS TO TIME LOCK IT

KALAS
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 545 ★★★
    I liked last month's bug that allowed you to finish side quests in a day. It allowed me to spend longer on battlegrounds and even finish a few story quests.

The people who complained are short sighted and Kabam should not be listening to them in the first place. This time lapse approach creates problems because you cant plan your time. Typically, the last week in the month becomes very packed for no reason.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 911 ★★★
    I enjoyed it. It allowed me to focus on 8.2 and other content for once. I almost started a pole to see who else enjoyed being able to nail it all on a random day off. If you wanna wait....wait....but those who wanna smash it out gotta wait with you regardless of what they want? Lame
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,770 ★★★★★
    We used to have daily entries from calendar, where were you complaining then? This is simply better, because a missed couple days won't shoot you in the leg.

As for daily entries, I am not a huge fan myself, I prefer the weekly format, but this is pretty fine by me
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 180 ★★
    You don’t get burned out because you have nothing to do the remainder of the month. You get bored and/or more time to do other stuff. You get burned out because you have too much to do in too little time. With last month, some chose to do all at once, some not. There was no pressure to finishing it fast. I did it fast so that I could take breaks when AQ and Aw were off, thus preventing real burnout.
    The burnout argument is shaky if not straight up made up. It’s only to have one more mechanic to get the player to log back in more often. It’s just a justification for an engagement metric.
  • Options
    ICE.ICE. Posts: 18
    edited July 2023
    I'm seeing many saying they will ban for the glitch with completing all at once compared to the mythic crystal opening. Not even on the same level so won't happen. Mythic crystals was basic theft. Anybody that done that knew what they were doing.. ask yourself how many members looked at the instructions of that Quest??

I know most just play it and don't bother reading in game mails. If your doing something which you think is perfectly normal why should you be punished for it? Makes no sense. Everyone knows you shouldnt open 1250 crystals, thats common sense, not everybody knew that you couldn't do that whole quest in 1 go like starry eyed or gauntlet. Easy mistake to make if your not heavily involved with the mails/twitch and community side of things. You shouldn't be punished for that.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    7 day deadline? On a Wednesday? Only 24 hours to complete the objective? Just nasty.

Just Increase the weekly timer to 28 day timer.
    Creating stupid problems out of thin air. 🙄🤦
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    Bee2Jay said:

Guess they didn't like the way people finished SQ very early last month cos K.Jax talked about it early in this month EQ & SQ info.

Dont know who complained that they were joblesss because they finished SQ faster when there are lots of other areas of the games to delve into

simply put - KABAM TIME LOCKS IT because KABAM WANTS TO TIME LOCK IT

KALAS

The burnout will start when we have this time-locked SQ, AQ & AW all running together and BGs season finishing up. Not something to look forard to.

Allow people to do SQ on their own time at their own pace. It's their game but if they asked I'm sure most players prefer to be able to knock it out whenever they feel like vs waiting on timers.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    Antsiou said:

You don’t get burned out because you have nothing to do the remainder of the month. You get bored and/or more time to do other stuff. You get burned out because you have too much to do in too little time. With last month, some chose to do all at once, some not. There was no pressure to finishing it fast. I did it fast so that I could take breaks when AQ and Aw were off, thus preventing real burnout.
    The burnout argument is shaky if not straight up made up. It’s only to have one more mechanic to get the player to log back in more often. It’s just a justification for an engagement metric.

Correct.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    And here we are, people with all SQ rewards INTACT in thier accounts after 100% exploring bug.