**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

I may get flak for this.....Merge EQ and SQ hereon

Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
It will save the devs, as well as the players from all the hassle. I know you will say, the content can be finished super fast with you sitting free by the end of just a couple of days of EQ+SQ.

But EQ is so monotonous, every damn month with the same rewards. SQ is anyday more exciting, and all of those rewards of EQ can be transferred to SQ. Besides, there could be a weekly time entry, or a daily one, like it is in this SQ, so that summoners don't get bored or finish off the content that fast and easy.
It's just a proposition, feel free to add or negate.

Comments

• Options
    @ahmynuts it's still backed by logic and the current condition of the game. I would love to know what's your reasoning
  • Options
    Watcher6Watcher6 Posts: 43

@ahmynuts it's still backed by logic and the current condition of the game. I would love to know what's your reasoning

I disagree w/this but what they need to do is make SQ rewards volume higher it’s been garbage for the past 3 I think the best one was the vault SQ to it seems like they are giving out the 6* AG now that they pulling back from fragments R4 materials which I would I prefer over an AG
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,650 ★★★★★

I shouldnt have to explain to you why less **** to do is a bad idea
  • Options
    How is it less **** to do, when content is time bound by days or weeks, and gives you combined rewards. I get it, if you are taking the corporate side which sounds legible and fair. But hell do some of you need to learn to step away from phones, and stick your eyes elsewhere
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★

But hell do some of you need to learn to step away from phones, and stick your eyes elsewhere

That's exactly what I do now and won't be able to do with your suggestion, now I can decide throughout the month when I'd like to put time into EQ and just go through it in 2 or 3 sessions when I feel like it.
    With your suggestion if they were to go for a daily one I wouldn't have that choice, I'd either have to play every day, or wait for it all to get saved up and do it in the last week.

I absolutely HATE how this month's SQ is structured because it doesn't allow me to play at my own pace
  • Options
    edited July 2023

But hell do some of you need to learn to step away from phones, and stick your eyes elsewhere

That's exactly what I do now and won't be able to do with your suggestion, now I can decide throughout the month when I'd like to put time into EQ and just go through it in 2 or 3 sessions when I feel like it.
    With your suggestion if they were to go for a daily one I wouldn't have that choice, I'd either have to play every day, or wait for it all to get saved up and do it in the last week.

I absolutely HATE how this month's SQ is structured because it doesn't allow me to play at my own pace
    Agreed. I believe you are advocating for absolutely no time window, or no time bound events. That's why, a week time bound, or 2 week time bound framework is better. I did mention "days or weeks" because there were a massive number of complaints on how boring the month of June was, in the mental infestation quest, with content being exhausted so fast.

But look at having all the hail and heartiness of the SQ, along with rewards combined from EQ, won't that make it more thrilling to play, and more engaging but less time taking, if the scenario above is followed?

That way you are also free early, and haven't exhausted the content.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

There’s a difference between play at your own pace and blitz up front. I ran the SQ 5 times yesterday because I had stashed 5 entries. Will I have to wait the rest of the month to use all my entries? Sure, but I am not required to enter once a day, I can play at my own pace while still not being able to just blitz the content on day 1.

To OP, are you just saying you want to get all the rewards for less effort? Because that’s what it seems like you are saying.
  • Options
    @Furrymoosen hahaha, if you put it that way. Though, it comes from a place, where repeating monotonous EQs with virtually no difference (other than the new champs) seems dull af. It does seem like low effort, but you can have the rewards spread out throughout the EQ+SQ version, so that you get to play, but don't just get all the rewards unless you complete it all.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    Watcher6 said:

I disagree w/this but what they need to do is make SQ rewards volume higher it’s been garbage for the past 3 I think the best one was the vault SQ to it seems like they are giving out the 6* AG now that they pulling back from fragments R4 materials which I would I prefer over an AG
    But therein lies the Crux: you would prefer rank four materials, I would prefer an AG.

If we want different things, and they decided to tailor make the rewards for just me, then where is your incentive to play. That's why they have to find a balance to these things because you risk alienating a good portion of the community by focusing on one type of reward over the other.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

@Furrymoosen hahaha, if you put it that way. Though, it comes from a place, where repeating monotonous EQs with virtually no difference (other than the new champs) seems dull af. It does seem like low effort, but you can have the rewards spread out throughout the EQ+SQ version, so that you get to play, but don't just get all the rewards unless you complete it all.

It’s definitely boring, but at least it’s easy and mindless. My issue with combining the two is that it will almost certainly require more creativity from the team because they’re not going to reduce the effort or the energy cost. What would probably end up happening if they combined things would be just a larger version of EQ with no SQ at all.
    They’re already starting to screw up story content by reducing that to 3 paths per quest. I fear that any attempts to combine EQ with SQ will only end badly. I can’t see them putting in an increased level of effort in this content when they’re already decreasing their effort where it actually matters.
    Ideal world, story content goes back to 6 paths, SQ stays fresh every month and EQ has a path reduction with an energy rework to maintain the cost.
  • Options
    PhiliaPhilia Posts: 87
    edited July 2023
    I never explore EQ 100% that’s why. Rewards are trash except those gold
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,338 ★★★★

It will save the devs, as well as the players from all the hassle. I know you will say, the content can be finished super fast with you sitting free by the end of just a couple of days of EQ+SQ.

But EQ is so monotonous, every damn month with the same rewards. SQ is anyday more exciting, and all of those rewards of EQ can be transferred to SQ. Besides, there could be a weekly time entry, or a daily one, like it is in this SQ, so that summoners don't get bored or finish off the content that fast and easy.
    It's just a proposition, feel free to add or negate.

I agree that it could be better, but I disagree with eliminating EQ.

EQ is monotonous, but it is kind of a core component in a live service game. That is kind of why the rewards aren't the most amazing - you aren't missing out too much if you don't do them, but if you do do them, the benefits of the rewards accumulates over time.

Skip it if it is too monotonous, and make it up via other avenues if needed (Arenas for units, SQ for shards and rank up materials, or paying for offers). Or do it each month, and the rewards add up over the course of time (Eg. One 10% T6cc frag crystal seems inconsequential, but if you get it over the course of a year, that is still quite something)

And that is the balance of being a live service game, the developers need to create things for every type of player without penalizing certain players too much (ie. missing out), and ensure that people keep playing. Some players play multiple times a day, some once a day, some once a week, and some a few times a month.

Besides, if Kabam ever gets back to releasing Back Issues, if you eliminate EQ then there wouldn't be more Back Issues at a certain point.