**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam you should

13»

Comments

• Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

These 9 year old kids parents need to discipline their kids

Why you talking about 9 year-olds that's kinda strange.
  • Options

Op, this is the third post today you have made (on two separate forum accounts) with the exact same wording and subject. There is no need to spam forums on this.

They even have the same exact time stamp genius.
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    We should definitely be forced to pay for a bugged app.
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    DL864 said:

So I think kabam should just go ahead and start charging for their game. So I think it should be something like the sigil and if you pay you get full access to everything. If you are ftp you only get access to story mode and some alliance events. Monthly content aw and bgs would be behind a pay wall. I also think this would help with cheating.

Yeah and they should give atleast 20% profit to you for this brilliant idea.
    80 -20% partnership deal done ✅ 🤝
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

Op, this is the third post today you have made (on two separate forum accounts) with the exact same wording and subject. There is no need to spam forums on this.

This could start something

You two geniuses made your own threads with the same ridiculous post.
  • Options

DL864 said:

That's awesome but that's not my account.
  • Options

DL864 said:

Coming from the person who doesn't know how to hit the "post comment" button only once.

And fyi, there was a third one with exact subject line and exact word for word in post as yours with a different and forums account but has since been removed (which not sure why this duplicate post hasn't been removed as well).

It's pretty obvious that you posted on 2 sperate forums accounts, either that or someone loved your terrible idea so much that they copied it literally word for word just to post themselves on exact same day as you. Sure it could happen, but you could also win the lottery but I wouldn't hold my breath on either.
    I have 1 fourm account tied to 1 game account same name. As far as it posted twice I had spotty service when I made the post so that's the only reason I can think of. I pretty sure the mods would have taken this down if I had used multiple accounts with the same post. So it's petty obvious you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★

These 9 year old kids parents need to discipline their kids

👴
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

welp i guess we'll never know now.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,688 Guardian
    DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

I think you’re forgetting that part of the reason Battlegrounds is functional is because of FTP or low spending players. If you take out everyone who isn’t willing/able to spend monthly you’ll be waiting a lot longer for BG matches.

No this game works cause of whales and low spending players ftp is just a Is plague on this game.
    You'll likely find that those whales account for a very tiny amount of players playing the game. I'd be willing to bet that, for every 1 whale there is at least 10 FTP players, this game could not exist with JUST whales playing it ... who would they match against in BGs? Or even how long would it take them to find a match? Then consider they're whales, if they can't find matches in what's arguably the best mode the game has to offer, then what would make them stick around?
    I'm willing to bet they are way more people spending 10-100 dollars a month on this game then anybody else. Causal spenders make up the biggest portion of this game period.
    I'll take that bet. I will even give you ten to one odds. How much would you like to bet?

I'm willing to go much further than that. I will bet that if you take all the active players who have spent *any* amount, at *any* time, the active F2P players still outnumber them.
  • Options
    Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    Great idea to cure people of their addiction.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

Based on your account "coincidentally" getting banned almost immediately after you made the mistake proving your using double forum accounts, I think it's safe to say that it absolutely was.
  • Options
    DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

ShuGokis said:

This would infact not help with cheating, take COD for example that is paid for and it is full of cheaters. Just because something is paid for doesn't mean it will stop all cheaters from bothering with the game. Not to mention NO ONE is going to pay just to play aw, bgs and monthly content.

If you didn't pay you would only get access to 1 arena no features. I'm pretty sure that would definitely help with the bots. You are absolutely right it won't stop all cheating but it would help significantly. I think more people would pay then you think. Look how many pay for sigil and you don't get a lot. Now imagine having access to 1 arena aq and story mode if you didn't pay. I think have a lot more paying to play then you think.
    You honestly think people would just turn around and give kabam their money to keep playing a game that has being free for some 8 years? Behave yourself, all that would happen is a huge chunk of the playerbase would drop the game in its entirety or play it free very casually.

Got to be the worst idea I've seen
    There are plenty of games that do this and would disagree.
    When the MMO industry was making the shift from the subscription model to the F2P model (back then there were no serious mobile games of comparable nature, so MMOs were the primary place this shift was taking place in) there was a brief pitstop in the so-called hybrid model. The hybrid model was similar to what you're describing: free to play access to a limited part of the game, and "VIP access" to the rest of the game via subscription ("VIP passes") and microtransactions.

It turns out that while the hybrid model works, it tends to be far less successful than the full F2P model. There are lots of reasons why that you could fill a book with (and people have) but the bottom line is that microtransaction supported F2P games are the dominant model for the simple reason that it is the most successful one. More people play such games, and more money is spent on them, by a very wide margin. By the time mobile games started to become the dominant player, the F2P model was already the far more popular model than the hybrid VIP-style model, and so most games quickly gravitated to it.

Let's say you were to somehow convince half a million players, on average, to subscribe to MCOC for about $12/month (which is a reasonable extrapolated subscription price for a game comparable to this). That would be about $6M USD per month, or $72M USD per year. That would represent about one quarter of the revenue this game currently takes in. It is extremely unlikely you could convince half a million people to pay that subscription, and it is very likely you would dramatically reduce your revenues through microtransactions.

It is possible this would reduce the amount of cheating in the game, as it would be difficult to cheat with free accounts and there would be a higher cost to cheaters. However, I think it is more likely that this would reduce the amount of cheating in the game by reducing the number of players of the game to so low of a level that it would no longer be worth cheating in the game, because the game would no longer be attractive enough for all but a small pool of players to play at all. Or it would be put into maintenance mode and then shut down, which would reduce the number of cheaters in the game to zero.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

DL864 said:

DL864 said:

So I think kabam should just go ahead and start charging for their game. So I think it should be something like the sigil and if you pay you get full access to everything. If you are ftp you only get access to story mode and some alliance events. Monthly content aw and bgs would be behind a pay wall. I also think this would help with cheating.

Way to lose an embarrassingly massive number of players
    I'm could make an educated guess that more pay to play then are ftp.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/dont-be-surprised-that-just-2-2-per-cent-of-f2p-players-spend-money

“Flurry data shows that the number of people who spend money in a free game ranges from 0.5% to 6% depending on the quality of the game and its core mechanics”

https://web.archive.org/web/20110810132946/http://blog.flurry.com/bid/65656/Free-to-play-Revenue-Overtakes-Premium-Revenue-in-the-App-Store

https://venturebeat.com/games/only-0-15-of-mobile-gamers-account-for-50-percent-of-all-in-game-revenue-exclusive/

A game making a lot of money is not a reason that a lot of players spend. In games like this, a massive amount is gained from a small percentage of players.
    I did the calculations myself: the average spend for spenders of MCOC, assuming MCOC has a similar conversion rate to the average mobile game, is on the order of $3000 to $7500 a year. Which is actually a reasonably believable number when you consider what the very top is spending (six figures) and where a likely median spend might be (say someone buying the Sigil and the unit card, ~$200/year).

Edit: correction, those numbers are what the average spender would have to spend, to roughly equal what a game like this would ordinarily receive from subscriptions. The actual average spend of MCOC players is closer to $5k - $12k, which is still within a reasonably believable range.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

DL864 said:

DL864 said:

Based on your account "coincidentally" getting banned almost immediately after you made the mistake proving your using double forum accounts, I think it's safe to say that it absolutely was.
    I'd say he probably got banned for something else considering the other account hasn't been banned. Or that could just be his alt that got banned.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    DL864 said:

Without the free to play community, the community would be way smaller, meaning a lost of diversity in war etc
    This would be a bad move