**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any word on pushing back the war season start date?

DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
As it stands, the new season starts in 48 hours and we've barely have had a chance to test the changes in the off-season. The only war we had so far resulted in a mostly empty defender map. Would like to have confirmation one way or the other so we know what we're dealing with.

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Agreed. I would actually like another full week of players testing in pre-season before firing this off.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    Incidentally, if they delayed it for a week then AW and BG season would line up perfectly. Make it easier for people to leave and join new alliances when seasons ends
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Pikolu said:

I will admit, I'm also disappointed with the response given to us. They are talking about it and don't want to tell us until they've made a decision. However, they say it is very likely the season will be delayed.

I don’t understand what they could even be talking about. Nobody seems ready for the new system. If the season starts they’re going to have a ton of people upset about losing war rating and dropping tiers because they didn’t understand it. Can anyone come up with any valid reason for starting a season and not staying in pre-season indefinitely until the many kinks are worked out of the new system?
  • Options
    FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    Yeah it's a bit ridiculous that they said there would be more information Monday and it's now 7pm EST on Monday and there has been absolutely NO word from Kabam on what's going on? So I guess another bugged start to an AW season is what we are in store for in under 48 hours now.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian

Pikolu said:

I will admit, I'm also disappointed with the response given to us. They are talking about it and don't want to tell us until they've made a decision. However, they say it is very likely the season will be delayed.

I don’t understand what they could even be talking about. Nobody seems ready for the new system. If the season starts they’re going to have a ton of people upset about losing war rating and dropping tiers because they didn’t understand it. Can anyone come up with any valid reason for starting a season and not staying in pre-season indefinitely until the many kinks are worked out of the new system?
    I think 90% of it is they don't want to say it'll be delayed to next week and then if they still can't fix the issues, they would have to delay even further. They also might be talking about compensation too.
  • Options
    CrazyBunnyZoyCrazyBunnyZoy Posts: 34
    Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

It appears we're not concrete on the 9th start date. What we know for sure is we're further delaying the season. We are hopeful for August 9th, but want to make sure we have wiggle room if we need it. We'll circle back with a solid date when we have it.

Again, apologies for the confusion.

Time to fix things seems needed, also because of summer vacations I suppose.

Is there any word from the dev team about the issues with masteries and placement and the consequences that the current 4 hours time-window will cause to European, Asian, Australian players?
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

It appears we're not concrete on the 9th start date. What we know for sure is we're further delaying the season. We are hopeful for August 9th, but want to make sure we have wiggle room if we need it. We'll circle back with a solid date when we have it.

Would our champs be free to use in AQ while its being further delayed?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    *Sigh* - looks like a dull 2 weeks in the game
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    For example, giving the same BG season rewards as previous one, would be a good way to keep players happy and busy, you can have more time to test and fix war.

Fixing the economy system is another low hanging fruit.

I like war very much, but I wouldn't dislike the game or complain if no war for 3 months, because it's exhausting even when it's stable, unstable war system will just frustrate officers. I can enjoy other contents w/o wars, if these contents are well designed.
    FunnyDude said:

Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

To be honest, from perspective of a player, the system is far away from stable, so many corner cases should be fixed. Instead of keeping pushing this to later, why don't you just feed players with other contents, and officially ask players to test the system for a few more weeks and help you.

If you push it to 9th or 16th, war season will overlap with BG season, players cannot change alliance and will complain again.

really, you guys should take your time and make it official, instead of doing all these firefighting.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

*Sigh* - looks like a dull 2 weeks in the game

Wdym? You get time to clear some content…ah wait there isnt any content for endgame players to do, mb. Game will be dead for some weeks I agree.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

Even assuming for the sake of argument that we could wave a magic wand and know war 100% worked, between adjusted tactics and the new placement phase, a one week offseason isn’t ideal.

I’m sure there’s some drive to keep it in line with the BG season, but I’d rather have a war mini-season (2-3 weeks) and a real offseason.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,678 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

Even assuming for the sake of argument that we could wave a magic wand and know war 100% worked, between adjusted tactics and the new placement phase, a one week offseason isn’t ideal.

I’m sure there’s some drive to keep it in line with the BG season, but I’d rather have a war mini-season (2-3 weeks) and a real offseason.
    On the bright side, another week of off-season means war and BGs would have the same timeframes and people won't have to choose between the rewards of them if they want to move alliances.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Kabam Jax said:

Apologies, Summoners.

On the bright side, another week of off-season means war and BGs would have the same timeframes and people won't have to choose between the rewards of them if they want to move alliances.
    This could be accomplished with a 2-week offseason and 3-week season as well.