**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

King Groot sp2 and Torch

Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
Why is King Groot's sp2 giving Torch smoulder passives? Torch gains smoulders when hit by energy attacks, I know, but King Groot's sp2 is supposed to deal direct dmg and not energy dmg.

Aren't physical, energy and direct dmg all split? Am I just being dumb?

Comments

• Options
    Pikolu said:

Toad, who also be spitting in his sp2, deals physical dmg instead. But then again, iboms sp2 spit does energy dmg. So, am I supposed to just know what spit does what type of dmg. I'm no spit detective 💀 bruh. I say, unify the spit and put it as a separate dmg type, call it disrespect.

Auntm.ai tells you the types of damage for every hit of a special
    Yes, that's where I got the info about toad and ibom sp2s. It's not stated in-game, and a spit being energy in one instance and physical in another is just very confusing. That is my point. Are u just supposed to know these things? Or are u supposed to load up a third party website before a fight to find out.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Toad, who also be spitting in his sp2, deals physical dmg instead. But then again, iboms sp2 spit does energy dmg. So, am I supposed to just know what spit does what type of dmg. I'm no spit detective 💀 bruh. I say, unify the spit and put it as a separate dmg type, call it disrespect.

Yes, that's where I got the info about toad and ibom sp2s. It's not stated in-game, and a spit being energy in one instance and physical in another is just very confusing. That is my point. Are u just supposed to know these things? Or are u supposed to load up a third party website before a fight to find out.
    You're supposed to read the ability descriptions of the champs you're using prior to using them. Toad does not specify an alternate type of damage like King Groot and Ibom. Their animations looking similar shouldnt have anything to do with function. That's like saying since mephisto is on fire he should have nova flames a swell
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

You're supposed to read the ability descriptions of the champs you're using prior to using them. Toad does not specify an alternate type of damage like King Groot and Ibom. Their animations looking similar shouldnt have anything to do with function. That's like saying since mephisto is on fire he should have nova flames a swell
    I'm sorry, where in King Groot's description does it say that the sp2 hits are energy?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

I'm sorry, where in King Groot's description does it say that the sp2 hits are energy?
    I didnt say it did. I just said it specifies an alternate damage type unlike toad.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

I didnt say it did. I just said it specifies an alternate damage type unlike toad.
    That alternate dmg type is for the red numbers. It says that the sp2 deals direct dmg, so like you just did, I assumed the entire thing (red and white numbers included) dealt direct dmg. But that is not the case, the white numbers are apparently energy and the red are direct dmg.
  • Options
    Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Posts: 119
    edited August 2023
    Even Hyperion's sp2 gives him smoulder.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Corvus glaives H3 is energy. Go figure
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

Even Hyperion's sp2 gives him smoulder.

He literally has frost breath of course that would be energy lol
  • Options

Genuinely did not know that, this is what I mean. I guess you are just supposed to f around and find out.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

Genuinely did not know that, this is what I mean. I guess you are just supposed to f around and find out.
    That one's news to me, too.

But yes, you are supposed to f...play around and find out. It's supposed to be a game where you observe, interact and learn as you play. They can't tell you everything.

Some energy attacks clearly look like energy (Havok, Cyclops) others are less obvious, like Classic Captain Marvel's SP2 being a contact Energy attack.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Direct damage is neither physical or energy. Think of it as a DOT without the OT part, dealing all of the damage at once instead of ticking away over an amount of time.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★

The actual hits of the sp2 deals energy damage.

King Groot be spitting energy vomit out of his mouth huh, just one of those kabam things I guess. Cost me a revive in AQ lmao.
    You can only learn