6 Star Rank 5 vs 7 Star Rank 2 - Ascension

Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★
With Ascension confirmed and an ascended 6 star being on par with a 7 star rank 2, where are you using your rank up materials?

Comments

• RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    Will they have close or similar challanger rating?
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 905 ★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

This is what I want to know. From what I’m hearing, no change to challenger rating so 7r2 will likely feel stronger.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

I doubt it
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    Ascension is just a Health and Attack boost. Nothing more. Nothing less. Well Champion PI also goes up.
    H3t3r said:

Ascension is just a Health and Attack boost. Nothing more. Nothing less. Well Champion PI also goes up.

Kind of a fail. It’s like a permanent 20% health and attack boost. Definitely sticking with 7r2 ranks going forward.
  • Sparky9494Sparky9494 Member Posts: 58

H3t3r said:

Kind of a fail. It’s like a permanent 20% health and attack boost. Definitely sticking with 7r2 ranks going forward.
    I personally would love to use a 6* R5 ascended Herc/Kitty much more than a 7* r2 america chavez for example
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

With Ascension confirmed and an ascended 6 star being on par with a 7 star rank 2, where are you using your rank up materials?

Like a 7sr3 level 1. Chart from livestream:

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

I personally would love to use a 6* R5 ascended Herc/Kitty much more than a 7* r2 america chavez for example
    Adding to this: You also don’t exclusively have to use one or the other.. there’s no overlap in resources for ascending a champ/ R2ing a 7* aside from gold, so ascending a champ you already have at R5 has almost no downsides

Decks in BGs, and teams for war or questing are going to have a combination of ascended 6*s and R2-3 7*s for a good long time to come. So I’m personally not sure how ascension is anything other than a huge win
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    R5 sig 200 ascended domino go brrrrrr in BGs.

For me it depends on the 6* and 7*. There are 7 stars I'd much rather r2 than just ascending the 6* champion. The 7*s still have the Challenge rating bonus and stat focus advantage. We also don't know what the norm rate of getting t2 primordial dust will be after the cap enlistment event. For all we know, we might only get 1 6* ascension every 2 months after the cap enlistment event. In general it will probably be better to ascend your current r5s while focusing on getting more r2s.
    edited August 2023

H3t3r said:

Adding to this: You also don’t exclusively have to use one or the other.. there’s no overlap in resources for ascending a champ/ R2ing a 7* aside from gold, so ascending a champ you already have at R5 has almost no downsides

Decks in BGs, and teams for war or questing are going to have a combination of ascended 6*s and R2-3 7*s for a good long time to come. So I’m personally not sure how ascension is anything other than a huge win
    You’re right, however the gap in challenge rating should highly dampen 6r5 vs 7r2 no?

Or is base attack unaffected by challenge rating. And you’re right fail is an over-exaggerated response.I just don’t see how they I’ll be equivalent to a base 7r3.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

You’re right, however the gap in challenge rating should highly dampen 6r5 vs 7r2 no?

Or is base attack unaffected by challenge rating. And you’re right fail is an over-exaggerated response.I just don’t see how they I’ll be equivalent to a base 7r3.
    Attack and Health aren't affected by Challenge Rating.

Critical Rating is, so a seven-star r3 champ will have a significant advantage there.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Member Posts: 1,363 ★★★
    Kitty pryde probably
    edited August 2023

H3t3r said:

Attack and Health aren't affected by Challenge Rating.

Critical Rating is, so a seven-star r3 champ will have a significant advantage there.
    Not just crit rate lots of stats including crit damage, effective health, armor, block pen, energy resist, etc ratings are affected.