Got banned… TOS11

Comments

• tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 115

tnair2015 said:

My guy, that's not how refunds work. That will cause negative units and shouldn't be allowed because your mad you broke a rule only the ToS. Please stop telling people to do this.

Not my guy, please assist OP for proper refund process then, thanks
    There is no proper refund process for this situation. You don't get a refund because you broke a rule. Refunds should go through Kabam but only for accidental purchases.

Refunds through Apple or Google would cover fraudulent charges or purchases from a fraudulent app like buying an in game item and not getting that item or something completely different.

I didnt break any, thanks anyway
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 871 ★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

I'm afraid you're not going to find any support here on the forums - more likely you should expect a community pile-on of all the gloating regulars that love this sort of thing 🤷‍♂️

Support isn’t warranted in this case but you’re right about the hoards of miserable posters on this forum (and the internet in regenerate).
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

So instead of ensuring Kabam is aware of the issue and seek resolution you instead take matters into your own hands and knowingly violate TOS and expect a free pass? You trolling?

He stated he didn't know that it violated the TOS.
  • NetbreakerNetbreaker Member Posts: 182

So instead of ensuring Kabam is aware of the issue and seek resolution you instead take matters into your own hands and knowingly violate TOS and expect a free pass? You trolling?

Thanks for reading my statement properly 👍🏼
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★
    I broke TOS on purpose -> I got banned ->
  • CassyCassy Member Posts: 1,078 ★★★
    And they can't designate to any "whoopsy i can't read, please deban me" case an employe to "investigate" cauz "they could so they should"

The Kabam staff would have much to do then.
    Thats a reason they don't Review Crystal clear TOS violation regardless any statet personal opinion.

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian

Doesn't matter. They can't distinguish that.
    To add on to this, when you created your account, you clicked a button saying you read and agree to the ToS, so you can't plead ignorance.

To OP: It is a sucky situation to be in, but you're going to have to accept the consequences caused by your actions and just come back in a week. You'll probably have to buy a 7 day booster to grab your platinum token and hope you don't suffer the bug (feature?) that resets the tracks because of your ban.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★

fun math:

saving $5 + getting caught breaking rules = 7 day ban

7 day cost for catching up on whole purpose of saving $5?

Didn't know emu was bad? Now you know. And as my man Flint says:

Why is flint getting all the credit? What about wild bill? And lady Jaye? And shipwreck? And the rest of the Joe’s?

• HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    honestly it's simple you broke one of the rules in terms of service and your access has been denied for 7 days regardless of the reason. you could have instead ignored the offer if you didn't even have any access to it normally either way. while you didn't know that it's not allowed you should have asked first about it if you have been here since 2 years ago.
    in the end the only one who suffers is you plain simple.
    might as well instead of doing this promote to have this discount on your device platform more then you already did
  • ZIOLEXZIOLEX Member Posts: 12
    They just want your money
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    ZIOLEX said:

They just want your money

If you're going to violate their ToS, I'm quite confident they would rather pass.
  • MacmucitoMacmucito Member Posts: 8
    Because you have a 7-day restriction currently, be very cautious about engaging in such acts in the future, as it will result in a permanent ban on your account. This is something I stated in a previous post on the boards; I strongly oppose hackers/exploiters since they cause havoc in the community. The embargo Kabam imposed in August is simply illogical. Because even legitimate players who utilized no hack/mod/bot were banned.

My friend received a permanent ban for cheating in BG (according to Kabam's reasoning), although he stated that he did not play BG at all last season. He just fought like 4 bouts in bronze at the start of the season and left it where some people sent laughing emoji upon his win - yet he is also banned. He explained that he didn't have time for BG because of job, therefore he left it in bronze-silver. He believes that these players submitted bogus reports against them, and that Kabam just banned everyone who received a report against them, or even made the tiniest fault in their gaming. He claims that if he were cheating in BG, he would be in Mysterium or Celestial for awards and why would he be in bronze-silver during end of reason.

On the other hand, if you're talking about emulators, let me tell you about someone who used a legitimate Android device and was also permanently banned. He used a rooted Samsung S21 mobile (for his privacy purpose it was rooted as he uses root with some dev apps It seems), and he utilized an app to screen record his gaming battle in the Quest. In our LINE chats, he liked to share his bouts and brag about his fighting skills. There was no mods or hacks!

Turns out, Kabam has permanently banned him for usage of Third Party Applications. Kabam wouldn't say what it was but just claimed "Third party application," to which the dude replied that the screen recorder he recently downloaded to share gameplays was the sole program that overlayed the MCOC app and was the reason for Kabam's detection of Third Party program, as well as the fact that his smartphone was rooted. Consider how unrealistic the prohibition is! He's also a big spender, and he seemed irritated during the discussions. Anyway, this guy initiated a refund for his recent MCOC purchases directly with his bank and received $1900 in reimbursements from his chargeback with bank, and he stated that he will never return to the game after what Kabam has converted themselves to - like careless/random ban over players.

Apart from mod/bot users, of course. This time, legitimate players were banned! Kabam should revisit all of the bans to determine the true basis for them. Just because one played legit and did not get banned today does not mean they will be here in forums arguing against anyone reporting they were banned tomorrow - but if you played legit and was banned one day, then you will be in that person's shoes and know how twisted up this is. Whoever Kabam has lately appointed to ban/review accounts is likely to have made mistakes in their findings.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,893 ★★★★★
    I had a similar issue a couple of years ago. I used an emulator in order to be able to play the game at all since my hand was all messed up at the time due to a disability. I wasn't "cheating" in the sense that I was trying to get an unfair advantage over anyone else so I didn't initially understand what I did wrong, but at the end of the day, using third-party software is not allowed for any reason. Emulators are third-party softwares. Regardless of how you use them, they can be used for cheating and are therefore not allowed.

Take this as a learning experience, especially since you seem to be spending money on the game. It's much better to get caught early for a smaller infraction than getting caught later when you might have piled up a lot of them out of ignorance.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★

fun math:

saving $5 + getting caught breaking rules = 7 day ban

7 day cost for catching up on whole purpose of saving $5?

Didn't know emu was bad? Now you know. And as my man Flint says:

Why is flint getting all the credit? What about wild bill? And lady Jaye? And shipwreck? And the rest of the Joe’s?

• MacmucitoMacmucito Member Posts: 8
    ahmynuts said:

Macmucito said:

Because I strongly oppose Kabam

Friendly reminder that this guy is the clown who posted the end of an era thread which incuded this nonsense
    I see a vain bluffer here. I clearly stated in my thread " Personally, I agree with Kabam's decision to ban such players because it portrays a negative/dirty image of the Marvel community." which I agreed and said Kabam banning mod/bot users is totally correct decision.

It's funny some even rated your comment as Insightful. A very insightful "bluff" And It seems you don't even have any ethics mate when you are tryna make it look funny that I had spoiled my grades over a mobile game. Not sure what's soo funny about it! Learn to respect someone's position.
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Hi,

I know that this topic will certainly divide opinion. Nevertheless, I would like to post this here once and see if I am completely wrong with my opinion.

My account was suspended yesterday for 7 days due to a violation of TOS11.

What happened?
    I wanted to buy the triple pass very much, but in Germany there is no discount for buying the triple pass compared to the single purchase, on the contrary it would even be cheaper to buy the months separately. This again contradicts Kabam's announcement, which clearly states that there will be a discount when buying the triple pass.
    Through posts here in the forum, I learned that this is due to iOS. Because via Android there is the discount. So Kabam has not managed to create a level playing field... again.

So what to do? I don't have access to an Android device, unfortunately.
    So I downloaded an Android emulator for the PC. However, I didn't know that this violates the TOS.
    Yes, I know: ignorance is no excuse.
    BUT I didn't give myself an unfair advantage nor did I circumvent any restrictions in my country.
    I just used the emulator to buy the triple pass, nothing more. And honestly, has anyone ever used such an emulator? It's horrible! Everything takes forever, there are glitches all the time and it crashes in one go.
    So here I am being punished for voluntarily giving Kabam money... for buying an offering that they can't offer to everyone equally. Or maybe even want to? And that even though they advertise it that way for everyone in the ingame message.

What makes me so extremely upset about this is that Kabam manages to immediately enforce a suspension here, even though they can clearly see that only a purchase has been processed here. But they don't manage to fix the actual problems in the game, where offensive third party software is used. Through which all other players are disadvantaged and damaged, such as bots in the arena or cheaters in the BGs.

I have already submitted a ticket to the support, but here you only get standardized answers. A lifting of the suspension is not possible and final.
    Sorry, but why should it not be possible to lift something if you find that it is not justified? That would be fatal, because mistakes can always happen and it should be possible to correct them.

Am I completely alone with my opinion?

You don’t have a single friend with an android phone whom you can ask ? Really ? Dude come on
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,356 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

Hi,

I know that this topic will certainly divide opinion. Nevertheless, I would like to post this here once and see if I am completely wrong with my opinion.

What happened?
    I wanted to buy the triple pass very much, but in Germany there is no discount for buying the triple pass compared to the single purchase, on the contrary it would even be cheaper to buy the months separately. This again contradicts Kabam's announcement, which clearly states that there will be a discount when buying the triple pass.
    Through posts here in the forum, I learned that this is due to iOS. Because via Android there is the discount. So Kabam has not managed to create a level playing field... again.

So I downloaded an Android emulator for the PC. However, I didn't know that this violates the TOS.
    BUT I didn't give myself an unfair advantage nor did I circumvent any restrictions in my country.
    I just used the emulator to buy the triple pass, nothing more. And honestly, has anyone ever used such an emulator? It's horrible! Everything takes forever, there are glitches all the time and it crashes in one go.
    So here I am being punished for voluntarily giving Kabam money... for buying an offering that they can't offer to everyone equally. Or maybe even want to? And that even though they advertise it that way for everyone in the ingame message.

What makes me so extremely upset about this is that Kabam manages to immediately enforce a suspension here, even though they can clearly see that only a purchase has been processed here. But they don't manage to fix the actual problems in the game, where offensive third party software is used. Through which all other players are disadvantaged and damaged, such as bots in the arena or cheaters in the BGs.

I have already submitted a ticket to the support, but here you only get standardized answers. A lifting of the suspension is not possible and final.
    Sorry, but why should it not be possible to lift something if you find that it is not justified? That would be fatal, because mistakes can always happen and it should be possible to correct them.

You don’t have a single friend with an android phone whom you can ask ? Really ? Dude come on
    i don't have any friends.

i have an iphone.
    but i have this for android....

lol. someone disagrees with me for my car being my android device. LMAO
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

JessieS said:

Hi,

What happened?

i have an iphone.

My car has an android tablet as the radio unit too, i havent tried to download McoC on it though lmao
    ahmynuts said:

Maat1985 said:

JessieS said:

Hi,

What happened?

i have an iphone.

My car has an android tablet as the radio unit too, i havent tried to download McoC on it though lmao
    it works...
    laggy tho...
    would not try and play...
    just buy the deals.
    i have a sim card in mine for mobile internet also.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    "Warning: Do not play MCOC while operating a motor vehicle. Champions in rear view mirror are closer than they appear."

"Warning: Do not play MCOC while operating a motor vehicle. Champions in rear view mirror are closer than they appear."

only play while stopped at traffic lights.... LOL