**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Alliance War Compensation [merged]

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Crazy lol. Let me be nice about it so that I actually get a response.

The new potions comp is cool, I’ll take that appreciate it.

The problem with the keys is that, you gave us something to do that a lot of folks haven’t done (I did it before and cleared it but don’t want to do it again). For the folks who won’t touch gauntlet because their roster is ready for it, their skills aren’t there or the time (my case I can’t play as much as I used to). This means that they can only take advantage of 2/3 of the comp and a large portion of it. Maybe create a store which allows folks to trade in those keys for half of the package of clearing it? Or hell even like 40% would help those folks, sending out something like that will just demotivate folks. I will also say most people won’t agree with my solution but at least it would help mitigate it with folks who are more accepting than others.

My two cents.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★

The problem with the keys is that, you gave us something to do that a lot of folks haven’t done (I did it before and cleared it but don’t want to do it again). For the folks who won’t touch gauntlet because their roster is ready for it, their skills aren’t there or the time (my case I can’t play as much as I used to). This means that they can only take advantage of 2/3 of the comp and a large portion of it. Maybe create a store which allows folks to trade in those keys for half of the package of clearing it? Or hell even like 40% would help those folks, sending out something like that will just demotivate folks. I will also say most people won’t agree with my solution but at least it would help mitigate it with folks who are more accepting than others.

My two cents.

Then just pretend you didn’t receive that package? People seem upset that they didn’t get awards they didn’t earn.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 542 ★★★★
    Easily the most painful comp given. Rather than direct rewards we have to run content for the rewards when theres now finally content to do. Gauntlet rewards are also now outdated this just feels like a swift kick to the nuts
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★

So, we are complaining about getting access to permanent content (or even more if you haven't done any/some of it) when we would have had to AW to get resources that we think we should be compensated for the delays of the season starting. Am I getting this right?

Sort of. The issue is that 1: GG is still fairly difficult. Running through it twice would cost way more than the 5 Revives that were given. 2: This compensation was given to EVERYBODY, even people who can't even do GG yet. So, those people literally got 5 Revives and 300k loyalty, and are missing out on all the other mats they could've got.

Compensation that only some people can use is ridiculous, and compensation that is only useful if you slog through difficult content is almost worse. That's like saying "You will receive your compensation if you complete both paths of EoP".
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

I can just laugh at Kabam think tank.

They should learn what does compensation term mean...

I truly don't think you know what compensation means.
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★

Maybe not but we know that it doesn’t mean “giving” players access to endgame content. That’s not compensation that’s a chore.
  • Options

Ok, so here's our solution:

We're going to do a secondary Comp package coming out soon. This will contain:

Alliance War Health Potions, and Alliance War Team Health potions (Level 5! Those are rare), 2x of each of the 3 Main boosts, and 1 of each Greater 6-Hour Boost.

We wanted to get this out as soon as possible, so we had to do something "generic" that couldn't be specific to any Alliance, progression level, etc.

I want to thank everybody that gave us constructive feedback on this topic.

So instead of Plat 4 rewards, we are to use a key to spend more resources they have monetized. The only thing keeping me playing is my alliance despite Kabam. Plat 4 rewards vs this garbage Hmmmm
    I keep seeing people asking for last seasons rewards for compensation. You didn't miss last season and you haven't missed this season. Having a season delayed isn't the same as missing am entire season. Compensation is to try and replace what was missed.

On top of that, you've had people change alliances and once people like you find out a plat 4 player who moved a plat 1 or masters alliance got better rewards than last season and you didn't, you'll be here posting about how unfair that is. But you didn't miss the current season, it just hasn't happened yet.

The only case you have for crystal shards and gold is the victory/loss rewards from the missed off season wars.
  • Options
    Go_To said:

Maybe not but we know that it doesn’t mean “giving” players access to endgame content. That’s not compensation that’s a chore.
    He already explained why those were sent out. I'm reality, we were only supposed to get the loyalty today and not the keys and revives.

Those were supposed to be sent out earlier to make up for lack of content.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★

My two cents.

if that's the case those people are playing bronze war, maybe silver, And at most missed out on 100k loyalty. They got 3 times that. If they never use the keys they are still way far ahead.

• Options
    Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    The keys shouldn't even be included in any type of compensation. What does the word compensate stand for: something, typically money(in our case rewards), awarded to someone as a recompense for loss"

If u look at the keys what loss are they compensated? The keys to the Gauntlet is the same if Kabam would create a new sidequest and u need to complete it to obtain the rewards. Just giving access doesn't mean u get compensated if u have to do the work to get those rewards.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,632 ★★★★★

as long as we're talking about BGs, when is this bug gonna get addressed?

What bug is that?
    there's supposed to be 4 objectives refreshing every 48 hours, I mostly get two or one.
    You’re supposed to start with 2. Then you get an additional objective for 2 wins when you reach silver and another for 3 wins when you reach gold.
    Except 4 objectives have been sent out to players not in silver , including me.
    Do you still have them? They were originally sent out to me as well when the season launched early, then removed when I was placed back into bronze.
    Sorry to derail the thread but I honestly don’t know. Maybe 2 were removed. I saw someone else mention that or maybe it was you?
    I only did 2 matches before the objectives refreshed today.

• Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

Howdy @Kabam Miike

I may be beating a dead horse here but I seems a lot of folks didn't like the keys thing. Personally free stuff is free stuff and I'm grateful for all the work kabam does to try to meet the community in the middle and acknowledge our frustrations.

Perhaps one final consideration (as I've seen numerous sentiments from folks that intend to never enter the gauntlet for whatever reason) is add something to the featured or miscellaneous store that people can exchange their keys for. Maybe a significantly reduced version of the gauntlet chests or a selector of some kind, be it shards, fragments, stones, etc where players can decide what compensation works best for their goals, acknowledging that it is far less rewards than doing a gauntlet run as it requires no effort.

Personally I'd love to see some 2* collector crystals or 2* nexus, not to undermine my credibility here but I love me some collection haha. I'd gladly trade my 7* roster or all the loyalty I have in exchange for rare 2*s that I dont own. Anyway, aside from this last bit i hope this is constructive.

- KRACETOS
  • Options
    It's amazing how some people here take @Kabam Miike at his word. Guranteed the keys were offered up because this would be a revenue positive move not as a kind gesture to the player base. This is true whether they went out earlier or today.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,877 ★★★★★
    The gauntlet takes hardly any revives and is quite straightforward, people saying it’s 2 years outdated etc, well you’ve got a much better roster than 2 years ago.

I’m happy I can run it again twice, it doesn’t take long, Herc smashes 95% of it, even a 5* with boosts on.

I can’t see anything wrong with this compensation, especially when you look at what we had for the rewards and milestones last BG season.

Be grateful. Compensation wasn’t even needed, that word gets thrown around far too easy these days.
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★

The gauntlet takes hardly any revives and is quite straightforward, people saying it’s 2 years outdated etc, well you’ve got a much better roster than 2 years ago.

I’m happy I can run it again twice, it doesn’t take long, Herc smashes 95% of it, even a 5* with boosts on.

I can’t see anything wrong with this compensation, especially when you look at what we had for the rewards and milestones last BG season.

Be grateful. Compensation wasn’t even needed, that word gets thrown around far too easy these days.

Even with Hercules it’s still not an easy piece of content. The korg is still one of my least favorite fights in permanent content. So while it’s not overly difficult you can’t breeze through, especially with a 5*, like you are suggesting.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    I wonder who came up with the brilliant idea of sending out two keys to the GM's Gauntlet to everyone as compensation when for obvious reasons a large portion of the playerbase can't even do the first five fights on the first path without burning through their whole revive stash. What on Earth were they thinking lol Kabam are you okay? The dumpsterfire of issues began with the mythic crystal situation and you haven't been able to do anything right since, disappointment after disappointment seems to be the new normal now.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 542 ★★★★
    I think rewards are missing. I didn't get 30k 6* shards when I did my run. Only 25k, something is off with the chests
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

I wonder who came up with the brilliant idea of sending out two keys to the GM's Gauntlet to everyone as compensation when for obvious reasons a large portion of the playerbase can't even do the first five fights on the first path without burning through their whole revive stash. What on Earth were they thinking lol Kabam are you okay? The dumpsterfire of issues began with the mythic crystal situation and you haven't been able to do anything right since, disappointment after disappointment seems to be the new normal now.

I'm not gonna out them here, but a creator tweeted out saying they gave Kabam the idea. They also just tweeted out saying not to do it because the resources are better spent with current/upcoming content. It was a decent idea last month, which was when it was supposed to drop.
  • Options

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

I understand the idea behind this compensation. I think it has the potential if you earn all rewards to be a great comp. I just think the problem is gauntlet is gonna take more than 5 revives and with revives so hard to get now, it’s gonna leave us spending units where we wouldn’t have needed to. To be fair we had extra BG rewards that wouldn’t have been there so I don’t think we needed season rewards or big comps like before. I just think maybe some more revives and health potions would’ve been nice. Because honestly, @Kabam Miike wouldn’t some units, revives, health pots and maybe one key make more sense? That way it leaves people better off to do that gauntlet?

Just my thoughts idk.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★

Potions? Really?

What for, inventory is full already and they will have no use

You can try to get better at war and move up in ranks.
    You realize that a vital part of high tier war is resource management… right? Having a full potion and boost stash isn’t from playing low war, it’s from knowing how to properly allocate resources & from assignments that balance your fights per season. I feel like you may not know what you’re talking about.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★★
    I'm late to the outrage party as was busy all day but I have to say when I opened my in-game mail it was quite the sight! 2 more keys I'll never use w/o a stash of revives.
  • Options
    Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    1) I like that Kabam had a newish idea (wish this was the end of my thoughts)
    2) It's a shame that they screwed up the timing. The loyalty and keys were much more necessary when there a were a few deadish weeks.
    3) There should've been a LOT more items in addition to the keys so it allows those who put in the work to get a bonus. As it stands, this isn't much otherwise.

Why can't Kabam get anything right? Seriously, it's like they try to mess it up and this was pretty basic