Alliance War Compensation [merged]

Comments

• Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★

The gauntlet takes hardly any revives and is quite straightforward, people saying it’s 2 years outdated etc, well you’ve got a much better roster than 2 years ago.

I’m happy I can run it again twice, it doesn’t take long, Herc smashes 95% of it, even a 5* with boosts on.

I can’t see anything wrong with this compensation, especially when you look at what we had for the rewards and milestones last BG season.

Be grateful. Compensation wasn’t even needed, that word gets thrown around far too easy these days.

Even with Hercules it’s still not an easy piece of content. The korg is still one of my least favorite fights in permanent content. So while it’s not overly difficult you can’t breeze through, especially with a 5*, like you are suggesting.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    I wonder who came up with the brilliant idea of sending out two keys to the GM's Gauntlet to everyone as compensation when for obvious reasons a large portion of the playerbase can't even do the first five fights on the first path without burning through their whole revive stash. What on Earth were they thinking lol Kabam are you okay? The dumpsterfire of issues began with the mythic crystal situation and you haven't been able to do anything right since, disappointment after disappointment seems to be the new normal now.
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 551 ★★★★
    I think rewards are missing. I didn't get 30k 6* shards when I did my run. Only 25k, something is off with the chests
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

I wonder who came up with the brilliant idea of sending out two keys to the GM's Gauntlet to everyone as compensation when for obvious reasons a large portion of the playerbase can't even do the first five fights on the first path without burning through their whole revive stash. What on Earth were they thinking lol Kabam are you okay? The dumpsterfire of issues began with the mythic crystal situation and you haven't been able to do anything right since, disappointment after disappointment seems to be the new normal now.

I'm not gonna out them here, but a creator tweeted out saying they gave Kabam the idea. They also just tweeted out saying not to do it because the resources are better spent with current/upcoming content. It was a decent idea last month, which was when it was supposed to drop.
  • Bwer777_TakeItEasyBwer777_TakeItEasy Member Posts: 24

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

I understand the idea behind this compensation. I think it has the potential if you earn all rewards to be a great comp. I just think the problem is gauntlet is gonna take more than 5 revives and with revives so hard to get now, it’s gonna leave us spending units where we wouldn’t have needed to. To be fair we had extra BG rewards that wouldn’t have been there so I don’t think we needed season rewards or big comps like before. I just think maybe some more revives and health potions would’ve been nice. Because honestly, @Kabam Miike wouldn’t some units, revives, health pots and maybe one key make more sense? That way it leaves people better off to do that gauntlet?

Just my thoughts idk.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Member Posts: 785 ★★★★

Potions? Really?

What for, inventory is full already and they will have no use

You can try to get better at war and move up in ranks.
    You realize that a vital part of high tier war is resource management… right? Having a full potion and boost stash isn’t from playing low war, it’s from knowing how to properly allocate resources & from assignments that balance your fights per season. I feel like you may not know what you’re talking about.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★
    I'm late to the outrage party as was busy all day but I have to say when I opened my in-game mail it was quite the sight! 2 more keys I'll never use w/o a stash of revives.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Member Posts: 46
    1) I like that Kabam had a newish idea (wish this was the end of my thoughts)
    2) It's a shame that they screwed up the timing. The loyalty and keys were much more necessary when there a were a few deadish weeks.
    3) There should've been a LOT more items in addition to the keys so it allows those who put in the work to get a bonus. As it stands, this isn't much otherwise.

Why can't Kabam get anything right? Seriously, it's like they try to mess it up and this was pretty basic
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    Thanks for compensation ;) its not a joke

I'm not gonna out them here, but a creator tweeted out saying they gave Kabam the idea. They also just tweeted out saying not to do it because the resources are better spent with current/upcoming content. It was a decent idea last month, which was when it was supposed to drop.
    Even then this wouldn't have been a decent idea, this would've been a decent idea eight months ago before the Banquet event lol those Gauntlet rewards are so outdated, the fact that they even considered this compensation is just sad. I would never spend two hours doing that for those outdated rewards after all the stuff I got from Banquet and 4th of July.
  • MaskwalkerMaskwalker Member Posts: 11
    So I don’t want this to come off as being smart or sassy. But compensation by definition is something rewarded as recompense for loss. I see you guys have offered a second compensation now as you heard the summoners on lost revives and pots in storage due to delays. However we also lost time towards crystal shards rank up materials, gold and whatnot that comes from the grind of winning and losing during the season as well as a whole season of rewards. I can understand you wouldn’t want to give out boosted rewards like the last war season but the lost rewards for what we had truly earned I believe should be on the table. I get it. We didn’t earn them through play but we showed up to play and were prepared and for no reason of our own were denied. We shouldn’t be punished and set back because of something that wasn’t in our control. We still play many still spend even knowing that with every phase there are always bugs (and in fairness all other mobile games I have played I can count on one hand the bugs for all of them combined). The least that could be done is send out another season rewards package maybe not based on last seasons boost but where we actually landed without it. That I believe is fairly rewarding for what was lost. We lost a season and with it rewards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Should take ur own advice. Ain’t no way you’re speaking down on mfs when you’re a plat 4 merchant yourself looool

I've played in Plat 1 and into masters at one point. I'm fine in plat 4 at the moment.

My prestige holds me back from competing higher.

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Should take ur own advice. Ain’t no way you’re speaking down on mfs when you’re a plat 4 merchant yourself looool

I've played in Plat 1 and into masters at one point. I'm fine in plat 4 at the moment.

1. Multiple masters alliances such as Salty & GT40 do not care about prestige
    2. You have 19.6k prestige, more than enough for alliances like JA & NewN
    3. Please don’t keep making arguments you fail to back up
    Except...... I want high AQ as well. I've been told by people I know in high tier alliances for AQ that it's still not good enough for top 15 or 10.

So please don't try to act like you know my situation.

Even then this wouldn't have been a decent idea, this would've been a decent idea eight months ago before the Banquet event lol those Gauntlet rewards are so outdated, the fact that they even considered this compensation is just sad. I would never spend two hours doing that for those outdated rewards after all the stuff I got from Banquet and 4th of July.
    The Banquet and 4th of July aren't gameplay content, which is what the Keys are intended to provide. They were never going to be included until Kabam was given a suggestion for a way to partially fill the content drought going on at the time.

The Banquet and 4th of July aren't gameplay content, which is what the Keys are intended to provide. They were never going to be included until Kabam was given a suggestion for a way to partially fill the content drought going on at the time.
    Right but when you're giving someone compensation, you don't give them keys so they can go grind content for two hours in order to even get the compensation they were promised (assuming they even have the roster for it). What kind of compensation is that lol.

Right but when you're giving someone compensation, you don't give them keys so they can go grind content for two hours in order to even get the compensation they were promised (assuming they even have the roster for it). What kind of compensation is that lol.
    It's not. Like Miike said in this thread, it was only there to give players something to do when the content was dry. The Loyalty was the compensation. If they didn't give the Gauntlet keys, they weren't going to replace them with actual rewards, they would've just removed them and left the Loyalty as the compensation. The only reason for the second package was because the Loyalty wasn't enough.

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Except...... I want high AQ as well. I've been told by people I know in high tier alliances for AQ that it's still not good enough for top 15 or 10.

Wait, what? 19.6k isn’t good enough for top 15 or 10 no matter what level you’re playing at. Average there is 19.9k-20k+ so why would it matter? 19.6k is still more than enough for like every masters alliance with high AQ besides Chaos or TCN. I don’t understand your logic? Do you mean that you only want to play high masters if you are able to do high AQ as well?
    edited August 2023

It's not. Like Miike said in this thread, it was only there to give players something to do when the content was dry. The Loyalty was the compensation. If they didn't give the Gauntlet keys, they weren't going to replace them with actual rewards, they would've just removed them and left the Loyalty as the compensation. The only reason for the second package was because the Loyalty wasn't enough.
    And you actually believe that? I'm sorry but you'd have to be extremely naive to think they JUST realized today that the keys hadn't been sent weeks ago because of the backlash they received today, what a strange coincidence.

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Your opinions are as useless as used wetwipes. You pollute these forums with statements that 99% don’t agree with. Play the game and stay under your bridge. We’re not paying your toll.
    This has literally nothing to do with the conversation. We get it, Demonz isn't popular, no need to be so weird about it.

And you actually believe that? I'm sorry but you'd have to be extremely naive to think they JUST realized today that the keys hadn't been sent weeks ago because of the backlash they received today, what a strange coincidence.
    The game team sent them out, Miike handled the response. If you think Miike's lying to cover up the game team, you're stretching really hard trying to find something to be mad about.

The game team sent them out, Miike handled the response. If you think Miike's lying to cover up the game team, you're stretching really hard trying to find something to be mad about.
    You could've just said "yes I am" instead of typing the same thing you already typed.
    I'm not mad though, it's just sad seeing the game team screw up over and over again, and then seeing people eat whatever is served to them without asking questions over and over again too lol that's all.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian

And you actually believe that?
    Yes

• Dab_westDab_west Member Posts: 173 ★★

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Wait, what? 19.6k isn’t good enough for top 15 or 10 no matter what level you’re playing at. Average there is 19.9k-20k+ so why would it matter? 19.6k is still more than enough for like every masters alliance with high AQ besides Chaos or TCN. I don’t understand your logic? Do you mean that you only want to play high masters if you are able to do high AQ as well?
    Yeah imagine being in tcn with 19.6k prestige

You could've just said "yes I am" instead of typing the same thing you already typed.
    I'm not mad though, it's just sad seeing the game team screw up over and over again, and then seeing people eat whatever is served to them without asking questions over and over again too lol that's all.
    I literally criticized their decision twice in this thread. You're just giving a very blind and mislead argument.
    Dab_west said:

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Random132 said:

Potions? Really?

Yeah imagine being in tcn with 19.6k prestige
    Mlp dab you’re special case