Options

4 hour crystal nerf

SamanunSamanun Posts: 628 ★★★
So these have been nerfed for a little while now they used to be a reliable source of energy refills then one day poof suddenly the drop rates magically change, why can we not have a reliable source of any resources anymore everythings gone now...

Comments

• Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,140 ★★★
    Sometimes it's not
  • Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★
    There is only one thing in this game where you can never make kabam accept anything is wrong or not is basically everything which is rng dependent.
  • Options
    I dont think you all are understanding that this isnt just me opening a batch getting unlucky then posting about it this of over than span of months for many months i could consistently get energy refills i used to be able to bet my soul i could get 2 refills out of a 5 pop which i do admit is a bit much now you'd be lucky to get one out of 50 you think consistency just went on vaction? How do odds change that drastically for that long it just dosent happen
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Samanun said:

I dont think you all are understanding that this isnt just me opening a batch getting unlucky then posting about it this of over than span of months for many months i could consistently get energy refills i used to be able to bet my soul i could get 2 refills out of a 5 pop which i do admit is a bit much now you'd be lucky to get one out of 50 you think consistency just went on vaction? How do odds change that drastically for that long it just dosent happen

Still just sounds like you dont know how RNG works. I literally just popped 10 free crystals and got 2 refills
    And i havent gotten a single one this month
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

Still just sounds like you dont know how RNG works. I literally just popped 10 free crystals and got 2 refills
    It's almost like it's.... say it with me now. Random
    Over the past 3 months ive gotten less than 5 before they got nerfed id open 30 and get 6 rng is random but not completely if there is a 50/50 chance of something to happen and i do something 100 times it will break almost even almost everytime odds dont just change like that if they do its not for such an extended amount of time they have been nerfed
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

Over the past 3 months ive gotten less than 5 before they got nerfed id open 30 and get 6 rng is random but not completely if there is a 50/50 chance of something to happen and i do something 100 times it will break almost even almost everytime odds dont just change like that if they do its not for such an extended amount of time they have been nerfed
    I haven't noticed any difference, just opened 10 and got 2

And we don't know what the odds are, perhaps your pulls before were extremely lucky and now not so much, maybe you're just unlucky right now and your pulls before where what is to be expected, but automatically assuming Kabam is nerfing it is weird.

I've gotten streaks where I pulled 2 6*s out of a cav in a row, does that mean the next time I open 10 and get all 3*s that they changed the odds? A single summoner experiencing the effects of randomness like this is not enough to data to form a conclusion
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,497 ★★★★
    Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

You could not be more wrong. You should study probability, randomness, and sample size. 100 is not even close to enough of a sample size to to approach the average.

I realize that you don't care and will ignore this but the human bias in randomness is very interesting. Take a sample size of 10 one is random and they other is made up by a human who doesn't understand probability. Two options X and 0.

Sample 1

XXOOXOOXXO

SAMPLE 2

XXXX000000

You should bet a lot of money that Sample 2 is random and Sample 1 was made up by someone thinking that is what random is.

This will explain it in further detail if you would like to educate yourself.

https://youtu.be/tP-Ipsat90c
  • Options

Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

And we don't know what the odds are, perhaps your pulls before were extremely lucky and now not so much, maybe you're just unlucky right now and your pulls before where what is to be expected, but automatically assuming Kabam is nerfing it is weird.

I've gotten streaks where I pulled 2 6*s out of a cav in a row, does that mean the next time I open 10 and get all 3*s that they changed the odds? A single summoner experiencing the effects of randomness like this is not enough to data to form a conclusion
    Have you completely disregarded everything ive said? CONSISTENTLY for MONTHS
    (sorry for yelling)
    Not 1 months not 2 not even 3 probably 6 or even more amount of months i could consistently get refills from those crystals im not exaggerating when i say i could bet my soul on it now for the past couple months they've practically vanished i didnt automatically assume they nerfed them this has been over a pretty lengthy period of time

• Options

Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

You could not be more wrong. You should study probability, randomness, and sample size. 100 is not even close to enough of a sample size to to approach the average.

I realize that you don't care and will ignore this but the human bias in randomness is very interesting. Take a sample size of 10 one is random and they other is made up by a human who doesn't understand probability. Two options X and 0.

Sample 1

XXOOXOOXXO

SAMPLE 2

XXXX000000

You should bet a lot of money that Sample 2 is random and Sample 1 was made up by someone thinking that is what random is.

I dont need to study it i already know it, i get you're just trying to help but this isnt helping
  • Options

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

Sample 1

XXOOXOOXXO

SAMPLE 2

XXXX000000

I dont need to study it i already know it, i get you're just trying to help but this isnt helping
    In that case I suggest you explore the dunning-kruger effect.

A quick synopsis

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with limited competence in a particular domain overestimate their abilities. Some researchers also include the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills."
    Im not claiming to be a genius about it im quite literally of genius of nothing i just know enough about it
  • Options
    LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    I just got 2 energy refills out of 2 crystals, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to proclaim that the crystals have been buffed. This is a gacha game, some days you are unlucky and it can go on for ages. Other days you are lucky!
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 ★★★★★
    Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

So the way random works is that it's random. Meaning that it's random. So the drops you get out of the crystal is random.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,080 ★★★★★
    Samanun said:

DUHveed said:

Samanun said:

DUHveed said:

The drop rates weren’t changed. You’re just getting unlucky

Without a doubt in my mind im sure they have been changed

Its not like im making this post after opening a single batch and got unlucky these crystals were reliable when and months after i became paragon and were change a couple bg's season ago 50 crystals could get you like 5 refills now you get 0
    Just because you believe something is true doesn’t mean it is. I’ve opened hundreds of 4 hour crystals and got plenty, and others when I’ve gotten none. It’s the nature of the RNG beast

The thing about rng is that there is always some sort of consistency it always balances out i wouldnt have made this post if i thought i only pulled the short end of the straw this is something i know for a fact
    The R in RNG stands for Random. Which part of the definition of random equals balance?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,080 ★★★★★

I wish I could top pulling them from the 4hr crystals.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 ★★★★★

I wish I could top pulling them from the 4hr crystals.

I had this exact problem a few months ago. Stressed me out because i felt like i needed to use it all
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 402 ★★★
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

(sorry for yelling)
    Not 1 months not 2 not even 3 probably 6 or even more amount of months i could consistently get refills from those crystals im not exaggerating when i say i could bet my soul on it now for the past couple months they've practically vanished i didnt automatically assume they nerfed them this has been over a pretty lengthy period of time

The number of months you wait means absolutely nothing, only the number of crystals you open. You were saying you'd opened around 100, and that's just not enough to reasonably conclude much when we don't know what the drop rates are
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ackbar67 said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

ahmynuts said:

Samanun said:

Zuro said:

Samanun said:

(sorry for yelling)

The number of months you wait means absolutely nothing, only the number of crystals you open. You were saying you'd opened around 100, and that's just not enough to reasonably conclude much when we don't know what the drop rates are
    I didnt say that it was just a random number i used to make an example the real number could probably in the thousands but i said "hundreds" i collect those crystals as soon as they're ready almost everytime
  • Options

Samanun said:

DUHveed said:

Samanun said:

DUHveed said:

The drop rates weren’t changed. You’re just getting unlucky

Without a doubt in my mind im sure they have been changed

Its not like im making this post after opening a single batch and got unlucky these crystals were reliable when and months after i became paragon and were change a couple bg's season ago 50 crystals could get you like 5 refills now you get 0
    Just because you believe something is true doesn’t mean it is. I’ve opened hundreds of 4 hour crystals and got plenty, and others when I’ve gotten none. It’s the nature of the RNG beast

The thing about rng is that there is always some sort of consistency it always balances out i wouldnt have made this post if i thought i only pulled the short end of the straw this is something i know for a fact
    The R in RNG stands for Random. Which part of the definition of random equals balance?
    If you've ever popped open sig stones or t4cc in large quantitys you'll see that the numbers are not too far apart sometimes you might start out and get 6 mutant and just 1 of the other classes and then it progressively balances out what class you get is random but the numbers are hardly so
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    Why would Kabam risk its relationship with the Apple and Google stores to rig 4-hour crystals?
  • Options

Why would Kabam risk its relationship with the Apple and Google stores to rig 4-hour crystals?

What does the free crystal have to do with apple and google?