Does anyone else think Electro is unfun?

Thi101Thi101 Member Posts: 807 ★★★
What I mean is it’s kinda ridiculous that I don’t get hit at all during a fight and still lose 70% of my champions health through static damage

I always feel like Electro is punishing me for playing the game.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a hard fight at all. Electro is actually one of the easiest characters to defeat, but it always feel so bad to lose that much health for basically no reason.

I know that only attacks that make direct contact with him do this, but then again, the vast majority of attacks fall in this criteria.

And what makes it worse is that the damage you take is based on the damage you hit him with, so bursting him down or grinding him out will result in the same thing

I can’t be the only one who thinks this?

Comments

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    There are a few good counters for him. But I do agree, the unavoidable damage is just garbage. Black Cat, Falcon, and Namor are probably the best counters for him I can think of off the top of my head
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    I’d love to see him get a tune up and work similarly to Ibom where he gets personal shock effects on himself. He takes no damage from shock and gets an attack boost if he’s shocked. You could give him some Spider-verse utility to shut down evade somehow since he’s a Spider-Man villain
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    To be honest, Electro is just one of those champs with a really interesting and unique concept, only to be ruined by poor execution and balancing. Hope Kabam fixes him one day, but he's probably the least of Kabam's priorities right now. (Btw this is my 1000th post!)
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    I forget he's even in the game. Which is a shame as he's a great character with what should be some pretty good abilities and potential for awesome visual effects.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    That poor bald guy does atleast something at this age, let's not take that away from him.

• FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★

Thi101 said:

What I mean is it’s kinda ridiculous that I don’t get hit at all during a fight and still lose 70% of my champions health through static damage

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a hard fight at all. Electro is actually one of the easiest characters to defeat, but it always feel so bad to lose that much health for basically no reason.

I know that only attacks that make direct contact with him do this, but then again, the vast majority of attacks fall in this criteria.

And what makes it worse is that the damage you take is based on the damage you hit him with, so bursting him down or grinding him out will result in the same thing

Shock immune champs shouldn't be affected by static damage.
    I get your point. However, countering Electro is such a niche category that no one would want to invest the resources required to rank up an Electro counter.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

zero shock damage.

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

I’d love to see him get a tune up and work similarly to Ibom where he gets personal shock effects on himself. He takes no damage from shock and gets an attack boost if he’s shocked. You could give him some Spider-verse utility to shut down evade somehow since he’s a Spider-Man villain

He has all of that except the evade counter as part of his base kit or as a synergy already. Spider Supreme basically makes him shock ibom.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★
    This is why I took my 6 star to R4
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★

Thi101 said:

Shock immune champs shouldn't be affected by static damage.
    I get your point. However, countering Electro is such a niche category that no one would want to invest the resources required to rank up an Electro counter.
    yeah, Who would rank

Falcon, Kingpin, Crossbones, Black Cat, AA, Kingpin, Namor.. Just a bunch of garbage champs...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,867 ★★★★★

zero shock damage.

LOL.

Sure, it's static shock. My point isn't the type of damage; it's that your opponent only suffers the damage if you let them hit you. If you dodge or parry the attack, they take less damage than if they'd hit you.

Which seems really backwards: his abilities are less useful, the better you play with him.

Something like this would actually reward you for using him effectively on attack:
    • When struck by a contact attack, Electro inflicts a burst of Shock damage equal to 25% of the damage that was inflicted
    • When he successfully blocks a contact attack, Electro inflicts a burst of Shock damage equal to 35% of the damage that was prevented by blocking
    • This rises to 55% of the damage prevented on a well-timed block.
    Here's the full rework idea with more details: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2366535/#Comment_2366535
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    Use duped kitty
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    I'll be honest i dont know how i remembered him in this thread

At least i can say now that i probably shouldve put him instead of rhino
    (I'd still buff captain america adove all of them)