Is Nimrod overrated?

2»

Comments

• SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    No, is not.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★

Why is he so high up in “Top Champion” videos? Kingslayer MCOC puts him at number 4 and KT1 at number 6.

He demolishes mutants like crazy, I completely get that but that’s around 1/6th of the roster. Magneto demolishes around 1/3rd of the roster but is nowhere to be seen in top champ lists. I’m not saying Mags should be, but I’m drawing a comparison here.

Against the rest, Nimrod is average and never amongst the best options.

I feel like I’m qualified to say this as the owner of a 6*R5 200 sig Nimrod. And yes I do know how to use him:
    - Double medium/parries to build armors in Titan protocol.
    - SP1 with 10 armors or between protocol switch for both energise and energy vulnerability.
    - SP2 with 10 armors or when in eradicate mode.

Heck I even use the Hulkbuster relic, yet the DPS against non-mutants just seems underwhelming compared to loads of other champs.

He’s a good champion overall but I honestly don’t see how he’s top 10 in the entire game.

Because Nimrod is fast enough for BGS, and consistent enough for war unlike a certain red man.

That said, he is most definitely not top 4, especially in a list with Torch at 11.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Not overrated. Tank. Anyone that can be shocked he can melt. Was fun in incursions with the armor causes stun buff.
  • DUHveedDUHveed Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    Jaycray81 said:

Not overrated. Tank. Anyone that can be shocked he can melt. Was fun in incursions with the armor causes stun buff.

I could say “We all deserve a 7* Nexus for compensation for all of the bugs in the game” and it’d get 30 disagrees

• Legotb27Legotb27 Member Posts: 57
    No
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    I have never found his damage lacking even in non-mutant matchups. He's not gonna KO non-mutant champions with one SP2, but Tech champions aren't really known for this.

Going to your Magneto comparison: Yes, Magneto can handle 1/3 of champions who are Metal while Nimrod 'handles' 1/6 of champions who are Mutant. But, Magneto against 2/3 of champions who are non-Metal is poor, while Nimrod still does well against 5/6 of champions who are non-Mutant (and within the Non-Mutants, only handles poorly against shock immune).

Against class disadvantage, since he is pseudo-armor break immune, he isn't hard countered.

So, Nimrod doesn't have the most eye popping numbers against non-mutants, but his entire kit comes together in a way that makes him still amazing.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    altavista said:

I have never found his damage lacking even in non-mutant matchups. He's not gonna KO non-mutant champions with one SP2, but Tech champions aren't really known for this.

Going to your Magneto comparison: Yes, Magneto can handle 1/3 of champions who are Metal while Nimrod 'handles' 1/6 of champions who are Mutant. But, Magneto against 2/3 of champions who are non-Metal is poor, while Nimrod still does well against 5/6 of champions who are non-Mutant (and within the Non-Mutants, only handles poorly against shock immune).

Against class disadvantage, since he is pseudo-armor break immune, he isn't hard countered.

So, Nimrod doesn't have the most eye popping numbers against non-mutants, but his entire kit comes together in a way that makes him still amazing.

I wouldn't call mags against non-metal champs to be poor. That prowess is still no joke
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,304 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Yeah because of the pseudo immunity to armor break as well as decreased Special attack damage, mystics are more reliable in countering Nimrod (besides Galan)
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    He has constant power drain which makes him good against mystic defenders even with full md they never reach sp3